The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

GN'R is a finicky beast. 

CD2 will come in time, I'm sure. We have not heard the last of Buckethead, Brain and Robin! :D

a killswitch here, a little lick there? Slash has probably replaced the vast majority of the guitars but if not, it will be cool if some songs feature Bucket's and Robin's work. Brain already made it, at least on Absurd but guitars seems to be a different story. Really wanted to hear Robin's SRV type solo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

a killswitch here, a little lick there? Slash has probably replaced the vast majority of the guitars but if not, it will be cool if some songs feature Bucket's and Robin's work. Brain already made it, at least on Absurd but guitars seems to be a different story. Really wanted to hear Robin's SRV type solo.

Me too, hopefully we get at least a few solos from Bucket and Robin on the album.

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

it's possible. From Axl's most recent actions it at least looks like he prefers to not announce anything before he releases a song and also enjoys performing it close to its release.

maybe if Axl wants to release a complete album all at once it will be different, but my guess is that he will give a release date that is relatively very close to the album's release itself if he even gives one at all.

I wonder if there was a plan and it was just to release Absurd and HS and then an album or if next year Axl will continue to release tunes one by one. Going by what Beta said, I believe that the plan is to eventually release a full album, CD ll, what Axl maybe always intended to release.

I think that one thing that hasn't changed and it's just a guess, is that Axl will want to make a musical statement or complete the musical statement he made with Chinese in 2008 and you can't really do that without releasing a full album imo so I remain optimistic we'll get it maybe next year or the year after that, but I think we're close.

we got 2 songs but it seems like a lot of fans are over it already and I can understand that cause 2 songs in 13 years could feel like not enough but seeing Axl that happy on stage gives me the distinct feeling he's finally ready to share his music again with the world and everything has worked out well between him, Slash, and Duff so the future looks bright, even if the waiting is very annoying to some fans and they get impatient cause the band is not active currently.

One thing is clear. Hardskool and Absurd didn't set the world on fire. Releasing the next GNR album the same way they released those songs would mean limiting the exposure a new record and bring down first weeks sales pretty dramatically. A new GNR album even an unpopular one should hold the no 1 spot in a few countries at least for the first week. I think the stealth release things work when you have a large and engaged audience... GNR have a big audience but most are hitting snooze on gnr notifications. Go big or go home. That means a big balls out single with a video of Slash & Axl... Possibly a dolphin or two🐬

15 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

One thing is clear. Hardskool and Absurd didn't set the world on fire. Releasing the next GNR album the same way they released those songs would mean limiting the exposure a new record and bring down first weeks sales pretty dramatically. A new GNR album even an unpopular one should hold the no 1 spot in a few countries at least for the first week. I think the stealth release things work when you have a large and engaged audience... GNR have a big audience but most are hitting snooze on gnr notifications. Go big or go home. That means a big balls out single with a video of Slash & Axl... Possibly a dolphin or two🐬

it's been a long time since Axl has been featured on a music video. Is he even interested in doing one? also, since sales are not a factor anymore, I have no idea on what is the band's preference when it comes to a release approach.

the release of the 2 singles kinda supports that it's possible Axl could just release it low key but I agree that it's not the way he used to do it in the past. On the other hand, what is there to gain with a big release? not money, that's for sure. You can still promote the shit out of it so that everyone that needs to know about it, ie, Gn'R fans, will know but personally my hope is that the only reason Axl will release an album/more new material is for artistic reasons. I don't much care about how well it will do commercially.

would be cool if they'll do like an artsy music video with a cool idea behind it and not a generic one where you see the band is playing and it's a rock n' roll fuck yeah kind of thing.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

it's been a long time since Axl has been featured on a music video. Is he even interested in doing one? 

2006 Axl would have looked fucking awesome in an actual music video production. 

Today, not so much, nothing again him, we all age. He could probably pull it off still.

12 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

2006 Axl would have looked fucking awesome in an actual music video production. 

Today, not so much, nothing again him, we all age. He could probably pull it off still.

they could go the Radiohead route: none of the band members would need to feature on it, but it could still be great.

Edited by Rovim

Why do still debate this stuff, its interesting but all based on nothing except wishful thinking.  Knowing that they have not done any work together on music after five years etc for me is proof enough that nothing is in the pipeline.  I just dont think Axl has any motivation any more to make music, I think it all become too complicated.

8 hours ago, GNROSAS said:

A lot of artists feel and touch and inspiration gets weaker due to 3 factors:

A) They live a lifestyle more comfortable, less challenging or threatening. That reflects to the emotional state and that reflects to art.

B) They are no longer functioning under the heavy influence of substances drugs that distort their perception and the feelings and the expression of the art.

C) They already achieved sucess and recognition for their art. So their drive/goal to succeed is no longer the same.

I think this is definitely true for some bands and artists. Some were so hungry and desperate to make it, they gave their lives, their everything to succeed. And then once they succeeded, they didn't have much to fight for.

Other bands want to succeed, but they also feel like they have something to say, that there is something inside of them, a creative inspiration, that they need to get out. I think those bands are the ones that continue to create.

Of course, some of these people who got huge early are likely traumatized, or have other mental health issues, that serves as a roadblock. Who knows what the fucking deal is with Axl? The problem is definitely not Slash or Duff, it's Axl, as he is the only one whose creative output has been a single record in 30 years or so. Trauma? madness? Insecurities? It's fairly obvious from an outside perspective that he doesn't have this unquenchable thirst to share his creative vision with the world. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You know wrong. Slash said they had worked on lots of songs. 

I think I remember you having stated something similar before, are you trolling?

This is my genuine opinion, why should it be trolling?  I really think Axl has lost his motivation to write new music, to me its pretty obvious.  I hope I am wrong.  I still enjoy reading the debates on here, some interesting points especially about the more technical stuff which I know nothing about.

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

it's been a long time since Axl has been featured on a music video. Is he even interested in doing one? also, since sales are not a factor anymore, I have no idea on what is the band's preference when it comes to a release approach.

the release of the 2 singles kinda supports that it's possible Axl could just release it low key but I agree that it's not the way he used to do it in the past. On the other hand, what is there to gain with a big release? not money, that's for sure. You can still promote the shit out of it so that everyone that needs to know about it, ie, Gn'R fans, will know but personally my hope is that the only reason Axl will release an album/more new material is for artistic reasons. I don't much care about how well it will do commercially.

would be cool if they'll do like an artsy music video with a cool idea behind it and not a generic one where you see the band is playing and it's rock n' roll fuck yeah kind of thing.

Sales do matter though. If gnrs album bombs with Slash and Duff, that's big news. Bad new travels fast and that leads to bad uptake in tickets. It's a promotional tool after all, hiding the record and only focussing for the people that will buy regardless is a poor idea and besides making an album for purely artistic reasons it is a bad business move.

As a fan, I'm happy if they just get a record out! I don't care if it's not loved or is loved or sells 5million or 10k. I'd love to see the back in smaller arenas anyway😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

This is my genuine opinion, why should it be trolling?  I really think Axl has lost his motivation to write new music, to me its pretty obvious.  I hope I am wrong.  I still enjoy reading the debates on here, some interesting points especially about the more technical stuff which I know nothing about.

I don't know. I think Axl was hinting that if AC/DC had wanted to record an album he was down for it. He's up for it, but he's only doing it on his terms and timeline, the same way he's always done things.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

So you know they have worked on Absurd and Hard Skool and you know Slash has said they have worked on more songs, yet you believe they haven't worked on songs at all these five years. How does that work? Guide me through your thinking process. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't know. I think Axl was hinting that if AC/DC had wanted to record an album he was down for it. He's up for it, but he's only doing it on his terms and timeline, the same way he's always done things.

He potentially saw an opportunity to release new music without having to write.

It's a good job it never progressed as when it came round to actually doing it, he wouldn't have recorded a vocal.

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2021 at 8:26 AM, DurhamGirl said:

It doesnt matter about him writing music. He can employ a writing team like many other artists do. He refuses to record vocals and thats the problem

• Like 1

No new album and it’s crazy to think that more time has elapsed than had between the release of AFD and UYI. This reunion has almost ran as long as GnRS original big touring years of roughly 87 to 93. At this point it’s really obvious it was all a cash grab. My main question is: how much money is enough already? You can’t take it to the grave, perhaps they all want to set up their families for the long run?  I just can’t get my head around it.

• Like 4

Maybe they just enjoy touring? I mean yeah the money’s amazing but I guess it’s a blast for the band too. I genuinely suspect any more releases will be along the lines of singles and then, if we’re lucky, the songs will be packaged on an album 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

No new album and it’s crazy to think that more time has elapsed than had between the release of AFD and UYI. This reunion has almost ran as long as GnRS original big touring years of roughly 87 to 93. At this point it’s really obvious it was all a cash grab. My main question is: how much money is enough already? You can’t take it to the grave, perhaps they all want to set up their families for the long run?  I just can’t get my head around it.

I think you’re right mate. It’s all about the money and enjoying their last couple of decades on this earth with immense wealth, and setting up the families for generations to come. I guess that is genuinely what a lot of people would want though, so you can’t blame them. I think they enjoy touring so why not? Slash has pretty much said he can’t sit still and has to tour.

Axl probably has no intention to work hard making an album anymore, his best has come out 30 years ago and if you listen to the last two officially released songs, he knows his best is well and truly behind him. His voice is in steady decay, so it’s a matter of touring until people stop showing up. He can’t really come out and say that though, like,  Hi all I’ve retired from making music!,  as that would be a downer. 

• Like 1