The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

19 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

My main question is: how much money is enough already? You can’t take it to the grave, perhaps they all want to set up their families for the long run?  I just can’t get my head around it.

These guys aren't going to die tomorrow. The average American male lives to be 79, but hopefully they live even longer. Not trying to justify their greed, but I think they are trying to set themselves up comfortably for retirement and then have a lot left over for their families.

Slash is in a different situation, his alimony payments will keep him on the road for the rest of his life. But I see Axl and the rest retiring by the end of the decade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, History2010 said:

These guys aren't going to die tomorrow. The average American male lives to be 79, but hopefully they live even longer. Not trying to justify their greed, but I think they are trying to set themselves up comfortably for retirement and then have a lot left over for their families.

Slash is in a different situation, his alimony payments will keep him on the road for the rest of his life. But I see Axl and the rest retiring by the end of the decade.

They made half of billion in two years, I don't think he has to worry about alimony money. Besides, he'd be able to pay it off easily just thanks to SMKC. 

Just my opinion, though. What does any of us really know, right? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jamillos said:

They made half of billion in two years, I don't think he has to worry about alimony money. Besides, he'd be able to pay it off easily just thanks to SMKC. 

Do we know if that's half a billion in profit? Or did the tour just gross half a billion? Because you've got to account for all the expenses that come with touring, and then you take what money is left from that and divide it amongst the big three + Live Nation + whoever else has to get paid. I assume the rest of the band is on salary. 

I guess I'm not familiar with SMKC's financials. But Slash has to pay out $1,668,000 per year. That may not be much to him now while things are great, but in 10 or 15 years he may start to struggle paying it.

We can only speculate because we don't know his lifestyle. But I hope he's making wise financial choices. There's a lot of members of huge bands that end up broke and never able to retire, stuck in an endless cycle of touring just to make ends meet.

1 minute ago, History2010 said:

Do we know if that's half a billion in profit? Or did the tour just gross half a billion? Because you've got to account for all the expenses that come with touring, and then you take what money is left from that and divide it amongst the big three + Live Nation + whoever else has to get paid. I assume the rest of the band is on salary. 

I guess I'm not familiar with SMKC's financials. But Slash has to pay out $1,668,000 per year. That may not be much to him now while things are great, but in 10 or 15 years he may start to struggle paying it.

We can only speculate because we don't know his lifestyle. But I hope he's making wise financial choices. There's a lot of members of huge bands that end up broke and never able to retire, stuck in an endless cycle of touring just to make ends meet.

Wow, that's a lot of money he's paying. As for NITL, does it really matter? The point is, he got enough dough to not worry about it, even if it's not exactly half a billion just divided by three...

• Like 1

Axl Rose holds the most $$$$ then duff then slash being axl  has no kids no wife and I’m sure a bit of investments Duff comes in close even with kids and wife very smart business man investor then slash well he is the last of the big 3 his ex will drain him for ever and yes he will tour a lot more I think axl will be out first as well when guns call it a day Rose will disappear gone with millions of dollars and retire on top one more album . Well maybe with a few new songs are reworks and a few live cuts etc kinda like the E P but a couple more songs done Tour again world tour 2025 -2027  Done time is closing in really for a band like guns they need the energy high and a strong show even if axl voice may not be top shape they can pull it off but there comes a time 😳when the band will have to end it hopefully on top and not like the end of the road kiss train wreak  know when to exit on top axl being what 60 already puts him around 65 years old that’s a good age to stop and smell them Roses look the crue nikki sixx wake up and just call it over as well and now face the facts your front man is toast Axl pulled him self back in shape and did a great job up on stage this last run so guns put out a movie and not a shit job like the dirt but a real movie about the band get some more pull new fans release a half ass album 😂 well half ass new one and hit the road again 2025 by then the world should have covid figured out 😳

9 hours ago, Deadeose said:

Axl Rose holds the most $$$$ then duff then slash being axl  has no kids no wife and I’m sure a bit of investments Duff comes in close even with kids and wife very smart business man investor then slash well he is the last of the big 3 his ex will drain him for ever and yes he will tour a lot more I think axl will be out first as well when guns call it a day Rose will disappear gone with millions of dollars and retire on top one more album . Well maybe with a few new songs are reworks and a few live cuts etc kinda like the E P but a couple more songs done Tour again world tour 2025 -2027  Done time is closing in really for a band like guns they need the energy high and a strong show even if axl voice may not be top shape they can pull it off but there comes a time 😳when the band will have to end it hopefully on top and not like the end of the road kiss train wreak  know when to exit on top axl being what 60 already puts him around 65 years old that’s a good age to stop and smell them Roses look the crue nikki sixx wake up and just call it over as well and now face the facts your front man is toast Axl pulled him self back in shape and did a great job up on stage this last run so guns put out a movie and not a shit job like the dirt but a real movie about the band get some more pull new fans release a half ass album 😂 well half ass new one and hit the road again 2025 by then the world should have covid figured out 😳

You need to use punctuation. It's very hard to read what you post without periods and commas.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:05 PM, Tom2112 said:

Sales do matter though. If gnrs album bombs with Slash and Duff, that's big news. Bad new travels fast and that leads to bad uptake in tickets. It's a promotional tool after all, hiding the record and only focussing for the people that will buy regardless is a poor idea and besides making an album for purely artistic reasons it is a bad business move.

As a fan, I'm happy if they just get a record out! I don't care if it's not loved or is loved or sells 5million or 10k. I'd love to see the back in smaller arenas anyway😄

Albums just don't sale anyway. You may be a fully reunited gnr or justin bieber it just sale a lot. Streams and features in movies, series etc is what matter. 

As for views on youtube gnr wont have more views until they sponsore heavily their posts. Bands like acdc n metallica n ozzy get 15-20 million views cause of it. You can't hope for your new songs to naturally explode on internet. That gets even tougher without a video and various interviews, late shows etc. 

25 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Ja...I really don't care anymore. If they ever release those old ass Chinese leftovers with some lazy Slash solos tacked on I will give it a listen, but yeah...

Duff will be on them too, and Melissa.

I'm sure they will raise CD2 a bar or two compared to the version with Robin and Bucket/Bumble. (Not) :P

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Duff will be on them too, and Melissa.

I'm sure they will raise CD2 a bar or two compared to the version with Robin and Bucket/Bumble. (Not) :P

Don't forget that they'll have 4tus do a killswitch so he'll be on the song too. Poor Frank....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Ja...I really don't care anymore. If they ever release those old ass Chinese leftovers with some lazy Slash solos tacked on I will give it a listen, but yeah...

That is pretty much where I am at...  If all they can do to produce music is take the path they did with Hard Stool and The Turd, I'll pass....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is pretty much where I am at...  If all they can do to produce music is take the path they did with Hard Stool and The Turd, I'll pass....

If it happens it happens, I can't say it's something I think a lot about outside of this forum. 

I can however say that if HardSkool and Absurd are indicators of quality/direction then I'm not excited for that kind of record.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Lazy and slash should never be used in the same sentence.  We all know who the lazy one is and why we get no new music.  Releasing absurd is the show case of lazy.  A terrible song, but thats he has

3 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Count me in as excited if those two songs represent the sound/direction of a new album. 

I have mixed feelings about this! First (and I know this is unpopular to say), but I love ABSURD and I think the work they've done revamping Silkworms was amazing, but I really think the demo version of Hardskool, with the long intro, was more classic rock, it was just better. I don't know if you notice, but Slash skips some notes (on purpose of course) during the verse if compared to the original version, the song was more fluid and then if feels more punkish and raw.

I don't know it's the same feeling I had comparing Lars Ulrich's drum tone on the Black Album to the open snare of Saint Anger. Something just doesn't feel right.

What I doubt is if after this "new record" (IF it happens) we will see any other GNR record at all.

I think this will be the last one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

Lazy and slash should never be used in the same sentence.  We all know who the lazy one is and why we get no new music.  Releasing absurd is the show case of lazy.  A terrible song, but thats he has

Does his work on Absurd and Harskool sound like he put a lot of thought and feeling into it to you? 

I don't hear that. I like both songs as a snack before the real thing, like Spaghetti Incident. But now that we know this is probably as good as it gets...meh.

5 hours ago, Legendador said:

I have mixed feelings about this! First (and I know this is unpopular to say), but I love ABSURD and I think the work they've done revamping Silkworms was amazing, but I really think the demo version of Hardskool, with the long intro, was more classic rock, it was just better. I don't know if you notice, but Slash skips some notes (on purpose of course) during the verse if compared to the original version, the song was more fluid and then if feels more punkish and raw.

I don't know it's the same feeling I had comparing Lars Ulrich's drum tone on the Black Album to the open snare of Saint Anger. Something just doesn't feel right.

What I doubt is if after this "new record" (IF it happens) we will see any other GNR record at all.

I think this will be the last one.

It'll be the last before the eventual posthumous releases start flooding out.

I'm gonna be really shocked if there's another album (after the proposed current work in progress) and Slash and the current band have written the songs. Great if I'm wrong but Axl is gonna be 60 next year, unless he straps a rocket to his ass and has complete change of heart in how he approaches making music it's a dead end for gnr outside of touring.

Some would fairly argue that it is a miracle we got the songs that just released!!

• Like 1