The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Does his work on Absurd and Harskool sound like he put a lot of thought and feeling into it to you? 

I don't hear that. I like both songs as a snack before the real thing, like Spaghetti Incident. But now that we know this is probably as good as it gets...meh.

I think Slash put in a good effort on absurd and even though the solo in hardskool isn't to my taste the rest of the songs guitar was good.

It's one thing that they're just pasting Slash and Duff onto CD2 tracks - that's exactly what should've been expected.

But unfortunately the singles they've released sound like shit. If they release a full album with this loud modern-rock kind of production and poor mixing, it will be very disappointing. The singles have honestly made me lose whatever remaining interest I had in new GNR material... maybe they'll prove me wrong, and there will be a few killer tracks on an eventual album, but at this point I think the only way we'll hear the best versions of CD2 songs is if they leak.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I still expect the sound of the two singles to improve drastically once they release it on physical media. 
As for the album, I definitely hope it won’t be just copy/paste like this. It needs to contain some of the Axl’s older stuff but something new as well. Every time someone says it would be completely normal to release a whole album in the vein of the singles and what else should we expect, you can ask, how the hell do other bands manage? You know, releasing newly written material from an actual band composed by the actual members, not just 20-year old demos. So I hope we’ll get both on the record. A few old tracks, a few new ones, and we could get several albums (ha ha) like this. 

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's one thing that they're just pasting Slash and Duff onto CD2 tracks - that's exactly what should've been expected.

But unfortunately the singles they've released sound like shit. If they release a full album with this loud modern-rock kind of production and poor mixing, it will be very disappointing. The singles have honestly made me lose whatever remaining interest I had in new GNR material... maybe they'll prove me wrong, and there will be a few killer tracks on an eventual album, but at this point I think the only way we'll hear the best versions of CD2 songs is if they leak.

The biggest red flag for you should be the songs they've released are the ones where Rose's vocal was already finished from the Village Sessions.

Some in here acting like it's some coincidence!  

They have 3 more songs left in the well.  1 average (Perhaps), 1 garbage (Atlas) and one probably average (General).

21 minutes ago, Pele said:

The biggest red flag for you should be the songs they've released are the ones where Rose's vocal was already finished from the Village Sessions.

They have 3 more songs left in the well.  1 average (Perhaps), 1 garbage (Atlas) and one probably average (General).

I'll bite. Why do you keep calling him "Rose"? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pele said:

I feel a certain déjà vu reading this, I wonder why

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pele said:

"And one probably average"... You're making yourself sound like a total moron. You haven't heard the song! you can't say any thing about the quality 'great, good, average or probably average, bad, terrible' until you hear it. You also can't say definite things without definite proof though, and that really doesn't stop you😩

Pele you are a broken record, Axls 1999 vocals are fresher than your take on this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Does his work on Absurd and Harskool sound like he put a lot of thought and feeling into it to you? 

I don't hear that. I like both songs as a snack before the real thing, like Spaghetti Incident. But now that we know this is probably as good as it gets...meh.

I actually like the SI.  Theyn do justice to most of those songs.  If I was Slash, I would not have put to much effort into absurd either.  I would be embarrassed to even have my name associated with it.  HS is ok and at least sounds like GNR

4 hours ago, Pele said:

Thats your opinion, not fact.  I happen to think Atlas could be a classic

21 hours ago, Pele said:

I feel like this is the only post I have seen on MYGNR the past 2 months lol

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

23 hours ago, Pele said:

Atlas is great you repetitive boring, boring man

1 hour ago, scottish nutter said:

I agree with him, Atlas is shit :)

Atlas as it is on the village leaks has cool sections. The A section is very good and sounds like the record they would have made in 1995/96 if they chased the grunge movement. The B section is more experimental Soundgarden vibes but it's just thrown in and the transition is jarring. In another song the B section is a cool idea. The solo section is cool, I could see Slash having fun playing over the changes. All in all, as it is the songs a 5/10... loads of room for improvement. It is really dated as it is though so it would need modernising.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 1:38 PM, fabrph5 said:

I actually like the SI.  Theyn do justice to most of those songs.  If I was Slash, I would not have put to much effort into absurd either.  I would be embarrassed to even have my name associated with it.  HS is ok and at least sounds like GNR

Thats your opinion, not fact.  I happen to think Atlas could be a classic

I happen to think you could walk in to a record shop with a blindfold on, pick out any rock album and Atlas would be one of the weaker tracks on whatever you pick up.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:46 AM, Tom2112 said:

"And one probably average"... You're making yourself sound like a total moron. You haven't heard the song! you can't say any thing about the quality 'great, good, average or probably average, bad, terrible' until you hear it. You also can't say definite things without definite proof though, and that really doesn't stop you😩

Pele you are a broken record, Axls 1999 vocals are fresher than your take on this.

Of course it's probably average, and that's being kind.

It's 30 years since Illusions now.

And that tiny body of work contained utter, utter garbage like Silkworms, Riad, If The World, Atlas, Cather, OMG etc.  And total mediocrity like IRS, Chinese, Hard Skool etc.  Even This I Love was written about 32 years ago.

Of course The General is going to be average.  You still think this guy is hoarding epic classics?

I'd say it's likely to be average at best.  My guess would be it's probably terrible.

Edited by Pele
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Atlas as it is on the village leaks has cool sections. The A section is very good and sounds like the record they would have made in 1995/96 if they chased the grunge movement. The B section is more experimental Soundgarden vibes but it's just thrown in and the transition is jarring. In another song the B section is a cool idea. The solo section is cool, I could see Slash having fun playing over the changes. All in all, as it is the songs a 5/10... loads of room for improvement. It is really dated as it is though so it would need modernising.

And how sad is it if they would have to try their best to somehow twist outdated, at best mediocre, 20 year old demos into something half listenable. Probably with some vocal tracks also from 20 years ago. 

No way in hell this could turn out good. 

1 minute ago, RichardNixon said:

Atlas is cool, has a Physical Graffiti vibe, imho. It is missing something. I think if Slash added a few kicks it could be pretty awesome. 

It's missing a good song. Can't be saved.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

And how sad is it if they would have to try their best to somehow twist outdated, at best mediocre, 20 year old demos into something half listenable. Probably with some vIocal tracks also from 20 years ago. 

No way in hell this could turn out good. 

It's missing a good song. Can't be saved.

https://tenor.com/view/muppets-statler-and-waldorf-grumpy-harumph-laughing-gif-22038880

Edited by RichardNixon