The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Pele said:

Of course it's probably average, and that's being DUMB.

It's 30 years since Illusions now.

And that tiny body of work contained utter, utter garbage like Silkworms, Riad, If The World, Atlas, Cather, OMG etc.  And total mediocrity like IRS, Chinese, Hard Skool etc.  Even This I Love was written about 32 years ago.

Of course The General is going to be average.  You still think this guy is hoarding epic classics?

I'd say it's likely to be average at best.  My guess would be it's probably terrible.

Thankfully your guess means sweet FA to anybody with a gram of sense.

Maybe it will be a dud, but I'm not a complete idiot reviewing something nobody here has heard before. 

There are some things that you can comment on ahead of time. Transformer movies, Bruce Willis movies and the certainty that the next Pele comment like all the rest will cintain 0% fact and be complete dogshit opinion dressed as "wait and see, I'm basically an insider" bravado.

I don't know how you're getting around the block feature but from once you came, so you shall return🧙‍♂️🪄 

30 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Maybe it will be a dud, but I'm not a complete idiot reviewing something nobody here has heard before. 

I'm fairly certain many members here (some probably no longer around for whatever reason) have heard CD2 in part or whole.

Unfortunately the best part of Atlas is the title. I remember years ago when the title first surfaced I was licking my lips just contemplating what type of lyrical masterpiece was awaiting. It was probably one of the bigger disappointments. 

Edited by smokingarthur

I remember in 2010 or 2011 seeing the title Perhaps for the first time, thinking it was in reference to another song being included or not, and not being an actual song until it leaked ten years after. Haha

I actually find Perhaps to be a solid track with a great solo that will probably be replaced, sadly. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Thankfully your guess means sweet FA to anybody with a gram of sense.

There are some things that you can comment on ahead of time. Transformer movies, Bruce Willis movies and the certainty that the next Pele comment like all the rest will cintain 0% fact and be complete dogshit opinion dressed as "wait and see, I'm basically an insider" bravado.

I don't know how you're getting around the block feature but from once you came, so you shall return🧙‍♂️🪄 

Lol at defending Axl Rose online in 2021.

Do you seriously think he's going to release an album?

24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm fairly certain many members here (some probably no longer around for whatever reason) have heard CD2 in part or whole.

They haven't.

39 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I remember in 2010 or 2011 seeing the title Perhaps for the first time, thinking it was in reference to another song being included or not, and not being an actual song until it leaked ten years after. Haha

I actually find Perhaps to be a solid track with a great solo that will probably be replaced, sadly. 

Seriously? I thought we didn’t know about Perhaps until the locker leaks

6 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Unfortunately the best part of Atlas is the title. I remember years ago when the title first surfaced I was licking my lips just contemplating what type of lyrical masterpiece was awaiting. It was probably one of the bigger disappointments. 

Yes after hearing Atlas hyped here for years, the song is garbage. Background music to a laundry detergent commercial. If you want to hear the same song but better just listen to Catcher. I don't think even Slash and Duff can save it without a huge rework. The fact this song will most likely take up space on a new album fills me sadness.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

7 hours ago, Pele said:

Of course it's probably average, and that's being kind.

It's 30 years since Illusions now.

And that tiny body of work contained utter, utter garbage like Silkworms, Riad, If The World, Atlas, Cather, OMG etc.  And total mediocrity like IRS, Chinese, Hard Skool etc.  Even This I Love was written about 32 years ago.

Of course The General is going to be average.  You still think this guy is hoarding epic classics?

I'd say it's likely to be average at best.  My guess would be it's probably terrible.

sounds like you need to find a new band?  You have NEVER heard a note of the general.  You sound like a troll saying its average.  You are the typical "fan" who will complain about every song on it

• Like 4

On 11/30/2021 at 12:40 PM, Tom-Ass said:

That is pretty much where I am at...  If all they can do to produce music is take the path they did with Hard Stool and The Turd, I'll pass....

I've been  thinking like this too. I'm over it based on 2 poorly mixed, decades old songs. Don't think they'll create new stuff, which is a shame. Only hope for me is original CD2 leaking, but looks like that won't happen. Love the passion and belief some people have on here though, all power to them. 

• Like 3

On 12/1/2021 at 3:27 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's one thing that they're just pasting Slash and Duff onto CD2 tracks - that's exactly what should've been expected.

But unfortunately the singles they've released sound like shit. If they release a full album with this loud modern-rock kind of production and poor mixing, it will be very disappointing. The singles have honestly made me lose whatever remaining interest I had in new GNR material... maybe they'll prove me wrong, and there will be a few killer tracks on an eventual album, but at this point I think the only way we'll hear the best versions of CD2 songs is if they leak.

Well said

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 6:27 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's one thing that they're just pasting Slash and Duff onto CD2 tracks - that's exactly what should've been expected.

But unfortunately the singles they've released sound like shit. If they release a full album with this loud modern-rock kind of production and poor mixing, it will be very disappointing. The singles have honestly made me lose whatever remaining interest I had in new GNR material... maybe they'll prove me wrong, and there will be a few killer tracks on an eventual album, but at this point I think the only way we'll hear the best versions of CD2 songs is if they leak.

It is odd because aside from the lack of bass on Chinese, I thought that was decently done overall.  These mixes are super compressed and Hard School especially is EQ'd and mixed in a way that is a bit thin and harsh on the ears. 

It it crazy that AFD, an album over 30 years ago, is more dynamic, clear, and impactful sonically, than a single released this year from the same band

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

It is odd because aside from the lack of bass on Chinese, I thought that was decently done overall.  These mixes are super compressed and Hard School especially is EQ'd and mixed in a way that is a bit thin and harsh on the ears.

Completely agree. CD has its flaws but overall it's a good sounding album. These singles have some bass at least, but the drums are especially compressed and the vocal effects/edits seem unnecessary.

On 12/3/2021 at 2:26 AM, fabrph5 said:

sounds like you need to find a new band?  You have NEVER heard a note of the general.  You sound like a troll saying its average.  You are the typical "fan" who will complain about every song on it

Didnt axl say something about the general was used as the intro for the shows around 2006?

On 12/4/2021 at 3:41 PM, WhazUp said:

It it crazy that AFD, an album over 30 years ago, is more dynamic, clear, and impactful sonically, than a single released this year from the same band

Appetite was mixed and produced by a professional not Axl or Caram. 

Now Axl instead of recording anything new wants to release CD leftovers from 20 years ago (which were not good enough to be included with CDs release, my opinion here) with the existing vocals, melody attached etc.

Appetite they wrote and recorded as a band. Not just slash and duff dubbing over existing songs and trying to fit their notes and such around the songs existing structure and already recorded vocals. 

Edited by vloors
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Now Axl instead of recording anything new wants to release CD leftovers from 20 years ago (which were not good enough to be included with CDs release, my opinion here) with the existing vocals, melody attached etc.

Appetite they wrote and recorded as a band. Not just slash and duff dubbing over existing songs and trying to fit their notes and such around the songs existing structure and already recorded vocals. 

I consider both Axl and Caram to be professionals. I believe Axl wouldn't call himself a producer without doing the work required to learn how to produce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Caram has been in the industry almost 30 years and worked on some of the biggest albums of the 90s. Come on bro 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Caram has been in the industry almost 30 years and worked on some of the biggest albums of the 90s. Come on bro 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Whilst this is true the last two singles sound like something made on garage band overnight when it comes to mixing.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 4

Everything just comes across as super lazy, the singles, the merch, the "videos"...like none of the big 3 really gives a fuck. At all.

The whole vibe is not there and now we know they wrote nothing new together and all we'll get (maybe) are Axl's failed attempts from the ancient Chinese sessions with a little bit of Slash n Duff on top of it. 

Is this the worst possible outcome? It's damn close imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Everything just comes across as super lazy, the singles, the merch, the "videos"...like none of the big 3 really gives a fuck. At all.

The whole vibe is not there and now we know they wrote nothing new together and all we'll get (maybe) are Axl's failed attempts from the ancient Chinese sessions with a little bit of Slash n Duff on top of it. 

Is this the worst possible outcome? It's damn close imo.

The vibe ended in 1989. The Illusion tour was a mess with the band going in any direction with no visible vibe or connection. Many fans were too young too see this at the time, mesmerized by rasp, rants and pyro. A bloated corpse. The reunion of 2016 is an arranged marriage solely for profit. 

• Haha 2