The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You know wrong. Slash said they had worked on lots of songs. 

I think I remember you having stated something similar before, are you trolling?

This is my genuine opinion, why should it be trolling?  I really think Axl has lost his motivation to write new music, to me its pretty obvious.  I hope I am wrong.  I still enjoy reading the debates on here, some interesting points especially about the more technical stuff which I know nothing about.

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

it's been a long time since Axl has been featured on a music video. Is he even interested in doing one? also, since sales are not a factor anymore, I have no idea on what is the band's preference when it comes to a release approach.

the release of the 2 singles kinda supports that it's possible Axl could just release it low key but I agree that it's not the way he used to do it in the past. On the other hand, what is there to gain with a big release? not money, that's for sure. You can still promote the shit out of it so that everyone that needs to know about it, ie, Gn'R fans, will know but personally my hope is that the only reason Axl will release an album/more new material is for artistic reasons. I don't much care about how well it will do commercially.

would be cool if they'll do like an artsy music video with a cool idea behind it and not a generic one where you see the band is playing and it's rock n' roll fuck yeah kind of thing.

Sales do matter though. If gnrs album bombs with Slash and Duff, that's big news. Bad new travels fast and that leads to bad uptake in tickets. It's a promotional tool after all, hiding the record and only focussing for the people that will buy regardless is a poor idea and besides making an album for purely artistic reasons it is a bad business move.

As a fan, I'm happy if they just get a record out! I don't care if it's not loved or is loved or sells 5million or 10k. I'd love to see the back in smaller arenas anyway😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

This is my genuine opinion, why should it be trolling?  I really think Axl has lost his motivation to write new music, to me its pretty obvious.  I hope I am wrong.  I still enjoy reading the debates on here, some interesting points especially about the more technical stuff which I know nothing about.

I don't know. I think Axl was hinting that if AC/DC had wanted to record an album he was down for it. He's up for it, but he's only doing it on his terms and timeline, the same way he's always done things.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

So you know they have worked on Absurd and Hard Skool and you know Slash has said they have worked on more songs, yet you believe they haven't worked on songs at all these five years. How does that work? Guide me through your thinking process. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't know. I think Axl was hinting that if AC/DC had wanted to record an album he was down for it. He's up for it, but he's only doing it on his terms and timeline, the same way he's always done things.

He potentially saw an opportunity to release new music without having to write.

It's a good job it never progressed as when it came round to actually doing it, he wouldn't have recorded a vocal.

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2021 at 8:26 AM, DurhamGirl said:

It doesnt matter about him writing music. He can employ a writing team like many other artists do. He refuses to record vocals and thats the problem

• Like 1

No new album and it’s crazy to think that more time has elapsed than had between the release of AFD and UYI. This reunion has almost ran as long as GnRS original big touring years of roughly 87 to 93. At this point it’s really obvious it was all a cash grab. My main question is: how much money is enough already? You can’t take it to the grave, perhaps they all want to set up their families for the long run?  I just can’t get my head around it.

• Like 4

Maybe they just enjoy touring? I mean yeah the money’s amazing but I guess it’s a blast for the band too. I genuinely suspect any more releases will be along the lines of singles and then, if we’re lucky, the songs will be packaged on an album 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

No new album and it’s crazy to think that more time has elapsed than had between the release of AFD and UYI. This reunion has almost ran as long as GnRS original big touring years of roughly 87 to 93. At this point it’s really obvious it was all a cash grab. My main question is: how much money is enough already? You can’t take it to the grave, perhaps they all want to set up their families for the long run?  I just can’t get my head around it.

I think you’re right mate. It’s all about the money and enjoying their last couple of decades on this earth with immense wealth, and setting up the families for generations to come. I guess that is genuinely what a lot of people would want though, so you can’t blame them. I think they enjoy touring so why not? Slash has pretty much said he can’t sit still and has to tour.

Axl probably has no intention to work hard making an album anymore, his best has come out 30 years ago and if you listen to the last two officially released songs, he knows his best is well and truly behind him. His voice is in steady decay, so it’s a matter of touring until people stop showing up. He can’t really come out and say that though, like,  Hi all I’ve retired from making music!,  as that would be a downer. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

My main question is: how much money is enough already? You can’t take it to the grave, perhaps they all want to set up their families for the long run?  I just can’t get my head around it.

These guys aren't going to die tomorrow. The average American male lives to be 79, but hopefully they live even longer. Not trying to justify their greed, but I think they are trying to set themselves up comfortably for retirement and then have a lot left over for their families.

Slash is in a different situation, his alimony payments will keep him on the road for the rest of his life. But I see Axl and the rest retiring by the end of the decade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, History2010 said:

These guys aren't going to die tomorrow. The average American male lives to be 79, but hopefully they live even longer. Not trying to justify their greed, but I think they are trying to set themselves up comfortably for retirement and then have a lot left over for their families.

Slash is in a different situation, his alimony payments will keep him on the road for the rest of his life. But I see Axl and the rest retiring by the end of the decade.

They made half of billion in two years, I don't think he has to worry about alimony money. Besides, he'd be able to pay it off easily just thanks to SMKC. 

Just my opinion, though. What does any of us really know, right? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jamillos said:

They made half of billion in two years, I don't think he has to worry about alimony money. Besides, he'd be able to pay it off easily just thanks to SMKC. 

Do we know if that's half a billion in profit? Or did the tour just gross half a billion? Because you've got to account for all the expenses that come with touring, and then you take what money is left from that and divide it amongst the big three + Live Nation + whoever else has to get paid. I assume the rest of the band is on salary. 

I guess I'm not familiar with SMKC's financials. But Slash has to pay out $1,668,000 per year. That may not be much to him now while things are great, but in 10 or 15 years he may start to struggle paying it.

We can only speculate because we don't know his lifestyle. But I hope he's making wise financial choices. There's a lot of members of huge bands that end up broke and never able to retire, stuck in an endless cycle of touring just to make ends meet.

1 minute ago, History2010 said:

Do we know if that's half a billion in profit? Or did the tour just gross half a billion? Because you've got to account for all the expenses that come with touring, and then you take what money is left from that and divide it amongst the big three + Live Nation + whoever else has to get paid. I assume the rest of the band is on salary. 

I guess I'm not familiar with SMKC's financials. But Slash has to pay out $1,668,000 per year. That may not be much to him now while things are great, but in 10 or 15 years he may start to struggle paying it.

We can only speculate because we don't know his lifestyle. But I hope he's making wise financial choices. There's a lot of members of huge bands that end up broke and never able to retire, stuck in an endless cycle of touring just to make ends meet.

Wow, that's a lot of money he's paying. As for NITL, does it really matter? The point is, he got enough dough to not worry about it, even if it's not exactly half a billion just divided by three...

• Like 1

Axl Rose holds the most $$$$ then duff then slash being axl  has no kids no wife and I’m sure a bit of investments Duff comes in close even with kids and wife very smart business man investor then slash well he is the last of the big 3 his ex will drain him for ever and yes he will tour a lot more I think axl will be out first as well when guns call it a day Rose will disappear gone with millions of dollars and retire on top one more album . Well maybe with a few new songs are reworks and a few live cuts etc kinda like the E P but a couple more songs done Tour again world tour 2025 -2027  Done time is closing in really for a band like guns they need the energy high and a strong show even if axl voice may not be top shape they can pull it off but there comes a time 😳when the band will have to end it hopefully on top and not like the end of the road kiss train wreak  know when to exit on top axl being what 60 already puts him around 65 years old that’s a good age to stop and smell them Roses look the crue nikki sixx wake up and just call it over as well and now face the facts your front man is toast Axl pulled him self back in shape and did a great job up on stage this last run so guns put out a movie and not a shit job like the dirt but a real movie about the band get some more pull new fans release a half ass album 😂 well half ass new one and hit the road again 2025 by then the world should have covid figured out 😳

9 hours ago, Deadeose said:

Axl Rose holds the most $$$$ then duff then slash being axl  has no kids no wife and I’m sure a bit of investments Duff comes in close even with kids and wife very smart business man investor then slash well he is the last of the big 3 his ex will drain him for ever and yes he will tour a lot more I think axl will be out first as well when guns call it a day Rose will disappear gone with millions of dollars and retire on top one more album . Well maybe with a few new songs are reworks and a few live cuts etc kinda like the E P but a couple more songs done Tour again world tour 2025 -2027  Done time is closing in really for a band like guns they need the energy high and a strong show even if axl voice may not be top shape they can pull it off but there comes a time 😳when the band will have to end it hopefully on top and not like the end of the road kiss train wreak  know when to exit on top axl being what 60 already puts him around 65 years old that’s a good age to stop and smell them Roses look the crue nikki sixx wake up and just call it over as well and now face the facts your front man is toast Axl pulled him self back in shape and did a great job up on stage this last run so guns put out a movie and not a shit job like the dirt but a real movie about the band get some more pull new fans release a half ass album 😂 well half ass new one and hit the road again 2025 by then the world should have covid figured out 😳

You need to use punctuation. It's very hard to read what you post without periods and commas.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:05 PM, Tom2112 said:

Sales do matter though. If gnrs album bombs with Slash and Duff, that's big news. Bad new travels fast and that leads to bad uptake in tickets. It's a promotional tool after all, hiding the record and only focussing for the people that will buy regardless is a poor idea and besides making an album for purely artistic reasons it is a bad business move.

As a fan, I'm happy if they just get a record out! I don't care if it's not loved or is loved or sells 5million or 10k. I'd love to see the back in smaller arenas anyway😄

Albums just don't sale anyway. You may be a fully reunited gnr or justin bieber it just sale a lot. Streams and features in movies, series etc is what matter. 

As for views on youtube gnr wont have more views until they sponsore heavily their posts. Bands like acdc n metallica n ozzy get 15-20 million views cause of it. You can't hope for your new songs to naturally explode on internet. That gets even tougher without a video and various interviews, late shows etc.