The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 12/6/2021 at 7:13 PM, Bitchisback said:

Caram has been in the industry almost 30 years and worked on some of the biggest albums of the 90s. Come on bro 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Caram as a producer has just CD as credit. He has mostly engineer work 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I think it looks like they wanted to be there and had a ton of fun, but that's just me

I do think there is an element of genuine satisfaction from making amends, a real bonding, and I also think they have been having fun playing together. Still, I am sure the tour wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the money offered and I don't think there is much desire to take it further than this. Fiscally it makes a lot of sense, and they can also please fans who have been waiting to see them play together again, and on a personal level I am sure they find happiness in having ended the feud. 

9 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Agreed. And a lot of music too. The end of the UYI Tour was the really end.

Late 2008 was the end.

In a perfect world, it would have been 2009 or 2010 with CD2.

Instead, we will get CD2 but in the form of how Silkworms and Hardschool morphed into Absurd and Hard Skool, which will be....interesting. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 6:50 PM, Free Bird said:

I couldn't disagree more. I didn't have the chance to see them live but from the footage I know there were awesome.

On the face of it there still seemed to be a real bond at the start of the UYI tour - just watching it he Noblesville footage and that is a real kick-ass band. 1992 had ‘its issues’ but some of the gigs in 1993 had stellar performances.

It’s funny how in 30 years things have changed….Axl clearly had mental health issues which would have been enough to see a tour postponed easily but in 1991? No such luck - it gave some unpredictable gigs but long-term it helped kill the band. I think I’m right in saying the tour was booked and he said he wasn’t in the right frame of mind but was told to do it anyway?

36 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

He's almost never in the right frame of mind to do anything it seems.

It's complicated :D

Well…yeah fair point 🤣

He does seem to be ‘content’ though so fair enough.

Edited by DTJ80

With confirmation of the UYI box coming in summer 2022, I think it’s safe to say we won’t see an actual new album until 2023 (if ever).

Actually, I think it’s even safer to say now that any more new music will just keep coming out in the form of EPs and singles, which I’m fine with tbh.

• Sad 3

29 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

With confirmation of the UYI box coming in summer 2022, I think it’s safe to say we won’t see an actual new album until 2023 (if ever).

Actually, I think it’s even safer to say now that any more new music will just keep coming out in the form of EPs and singles, which I’m fine with tbh.

When was the illusions box set confirmed for 2022?

On 12/6/2021 at 3:13 AM, Bitchisback said:

Caram has been in the industry almost 30 years and worked on some of the biggest albums of the 90s. Come on bro 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

This means nothing.

Bob Rock produced Metallica’s Black Album - one of the biggest albums ever and possibly the best sounding hard rock record of all time, sonically.

Now go listen to The Offspring’s latest, which he produced. Sounds like poorly recorded garbage. Past success means nothing.

16 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, probably. 

They got the EP coming out (meh) and the UYI boxset (maybe cool for a minute, maybe not).

I don't think a new album is anywhere near because of these.

The new album isn't anywhere near because the singer hasn't recorded enough songs.

The excuses are unbelievable.

Firstly 'they didn't know how best to release it'.

Now they won't release it because they've got too much stuff out?

All smokescreens to cover up the fact there are no songs.

12 minutes ago, Pele said:

The new album isn't anywhere near because the singer hasn't recorded enough songs.

The excuses are unbelievable.

Firstly 'they didn't know how best to release it'.

Now they won't release it because they've got too much stuff out?

All smokescreens to cover up the fact there are no songs.

The thing is, even if you might be right, you're constantly wrong in one thing: it's not a fact.
Is it conjecture, guess, speculation, surmise, supposition, assumption? Yes. Can we say from our end it is a fact? NO.
Deal with it.