The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

An artist I follow on Twitter just put up a post saying if he were to release a Vinyl record with nothing but 40 minutes of silence, it would still take him 12 months to get it actioned. That's crazy. It makes me think if Guns don't have anything booked in currently, which I unfortunately doubt given that the fairly reputable source over on Evo claims that whatever they have at their disposal is currently being mastered, then we could be a few years away before getting a cohesive body of work from the band in the form of an album. If that is the case, then I hope what Slash says is true in that we will get singles at different intervals and having songs available for streaming, but it's a shame if there is no physical media to promote along side their shows, outside of Hard Skool, of course. Time will tell regardless!

Just now, Dean said:

An artist I follow on Twitter just put up a post saying if he were to release a Vinyl record with nothing but 40 minutes of silence, it would still take him 12 months to get it actioned. That's crazy. It makes me think if Guns don't have anything booked in currently, which I unfortunately doubt given that the fairly reputable source over on Evo claims that whatever they have at their disposal is currently being mastered, then we could be a few years away before getting a cohesive body of work from the band in the form of an album. If that is the case, then I hope what Slash says is true in that we will get singles at different intervals and having songs available for streaming, but it's a shame if there is no physical media to promote along side their shows, outside of Hard Skool, of course. Time will tell regardless!

'Fairly reputable source'? 

You mean someone who has thrown so much shit at the wall over such a long period of time that some of it has stuck? 

They're all full of more crap than a portaloo! 

1 hour ago, Dean said:

The past and the present are a pretty good indicator of the future. They’ll just string us along with another incoherent, unintelligible response meant to deflect and pacify. Maybe we will get a couple of semi-amateurish sounding singles of some two decades-old tracks that Axl scotch-taped together when he was still able to sing. 

20 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Whenever new music is brought up in interviews English becomes a foreign language to GNR members. 

Exactly :lol:

It's because they are told to lie.

They know there are no new songs and no new album - so they stumble over vague suggestions using wordplay that can be interpreted either way.

And they can always safely and accurately say that there are unreleased songs, because of Atlas etc.

8 hours ago, Pele said:

They know there are no new songs and no new album - so they stumble over vague suggestions using wordplay that can be interpreted either way.

And they can always safely and accurately say that there are unreleased songs, because of Atlas etc.

What are you still trying to point out? 

On 1/22/2022 at 11:45 AM, smokingarthur said:

Whenever new music is brought up in interviews English becomes a foreign language to GNR members. 

All things considered, we hopefully hope to have a rad #GNR fam n' rockin album out that is punk as fuck

I think that covers all the members of the band who do press and social media :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pele said:

Why they can't seem to form actual answers when asked about a new album.

How is this not an actual answer when asked to confirm that a new album will come:

"Yeah! There’s new Guns material coming out as we speak, and we’ll probably keep putting it out until the entire record’s worth of stuff is done and then put it out solid"? 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

How is this not an actual answer when asked to confirm that a new album will come:

"Yeah! There’s new Guns material coming out as we speak, and we’ll probably keep putting it out until the entire record’s worth of stuff is done and then put it out solid"? 

Because it doesn't fit the narrative. Then O' Rei will say that it's either Perphaps or some other leaked song, and that somehow proves that's if O'Rei doesn't know about it, then Axl didn't record shit after 99 (because he lives IN the vault, right next to Tobias).

Edited by Manfisman
  • Haha 1

Whatever it will be in the end, I'm convinced at this point that we're in for a big disappointment. We know it's just gonna be Axl's old shit and it's very clear that nobody's heart is in it. 

It's bound to suck hard.

Edited by El Guapo

22 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Whatever it will be in the end, I'm convinced at this point that we're in for a big disappointment. We know it's just gonna be Axl's old shit and it's very clear that nobody's heart is in it. 

It's bound to suck hard.

I am not in for a big disappointment, so don't speak for me. Hard Skool is great. More on that caliber and it will be killer. 

• Like 4

I still don’t believe that even if Axl would be fine with just releasing old stuff like the two singles, Slash would be content merely with that. I refuse to believe he returned to the band only for the buck and doesn’t care about the legacy at all. Hell, he could pay off his alimony even without the millions from GN’R. And above all – he’s the kind of guy who wants to see results, i.e. his own music. Thinking he’d be satisfied just with playing some replacements’ 20-year old demos on a new, highly anticipated album of his own lifetime signature band is deluded. There’s bound to be something else cooking than just rehashed CD shelf material a la Silkworms and Hard School. 

10 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I still don’t believe that even if Axl would be fine with just releasing old stuff like the two singles, Slash would be content merely with that. I refuse to believe he returned to the band only for the buck and doesn’t care about the legacy at all. Hell, he could pay off his alimony even without the millions from GN’R. And above all – he’s the kind of guy who wants to see results, i.e. his own music. Thinking he’d be satisfied just with playing some replacements’ 20-year old demos on a new, highly anticipated album of his own lifetime signature band is deluded. There’s bound to be something else cooking than just rehashed CD shelf material a la Silkworms and Hard School. 

Nahh, he gets to release his own music with his own band on his own terms, and while he's essential to GN'R's old albums I don't get the feeling that it was ever his band, just the biggest band that he was a part of, so maybe that's why he's so content with the situation, he gets to do the type of music that he likes without having to answer to nobody like he used to with GN'R plus he gets to do all of this huge shows and make money just by playing some songs that he didn't wrote. Plus is not like he's gonna risk losing the gig over a petty fight with Axl when he can just channel his creativity and energy somewhere else, they're not kids anymore. 

32 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I used to think like that, but not anymore. It sucks hard, but how much more evidence do you need to face the ugly truth? Slash himself just confirmed that nothing new was written.  Nothing. Since 2016. Then you have the release of Absurd and Hardskool with those old ass vocals, half assed production and shitty merch. No interviews, no nothing which would even try to make this seem like a real band. All we're gonna get is Chinese leftovers and bad lyric videos. Slash basically said it himself.

It's just a gig, you know.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

It's bound to suck hard.

Speak for yourself, please.

20 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I don't wanna speak for anybody and I don't wanna piss any of you guys off, but come on... what are the chances for a positive surprise at this point?

A positive surprise like another great song like Hard Skool being released? That chance is pretty good, I'd say. 

I'm no expert on the current state of the music industry nor on the best ways to release new material, but I think the idea that 'the landscape has changed SO much that a traditional release just won't do' theory is a bit overblown.  There is no reason why, if it existed, a great video for a fantastic new single couldn't be released, followed by lots of promotion on various platforms, followed by an album release.  In fact, that is what I want!  The untraditionally released HardSKool and Absurd vids on Youtube have a pittance of views.  Goddammit, I just want a new damn album done right where most of the material is new and unheard prior to release.  Call me crazy!

Edited by Tyson
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Tyson said:

I'm no expert on the current state of the music industry nor on the best ways to release new material, but I think the idea that 'the landscape has changed SO much that a traditional release just won't do' theory is a bit overblown.  There is no reason why, if it existed, a great video for a fantastic new single couldn't be released, followed by lots of promotion on various platforms, followed by an album release.  In fact, that is what I want!  The untraditionally released HardSKool and Absurd vids on Youtube have a pittance of views.  Goddammit, I just want a new damn album done right where most of the material is new and unheard prior to release.  Call me crazy!

I wanted that as well. But, to me, it's clear as day that this is not gonna happen. It's so obvious that they can't be bothered to make it right. It's minimum effort all the way. All this bullshit talk about "figuring out how to do this and that" is just that, stupid bullshit to fool those who still care. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

A positive surprise like another great song like Hard Skool being released? That chance is pretty good, I'd say. 

Not to dampen your positivity one bit, but there is equally the same possibility of another Absurd! 😫😫 Hard Skool (in my opinion) is a decent enough track, but is it worth a 14 year wait or whatever it was... jury out on that for me. It's fine enough I guess but like so many other people have pointed out... piss poor production lets it down. 

It's been discussed to death, but for some folk it will be a case of too little late from GNR. 

Personally I don't see too much to get excited about with GNR these days. It is what it is. 

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

It's bound to suck hard.

I don't give a shit if the songs are good at this point. I just want to hear these songs we've been hearing about for 20 fucking years and be done with it. Atlas is one of my least favorite GNR songs ever but I'm still glad I was finally able to hear after it being discussed ad nauseum for decades.

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

We have no idea how much money Slash actually has, and he's going to want to maintain his current lifestyle and not downgrade due to the millions he has to give Perla. He is at the age where money becomes more important than legacy, we are talking hundreds of millions of dollars from the NITL tour. He is not going to turn down that kind of cash because Axl doesn't write music anymore. And he has an outlet for his riffs in SMKC.

You sound like the users before the reunion who said Slash would never accept TB managing the band or would insist on a full reunion lineup without any of the NuGuns guys. There has been no indication whatsoever that Axl has written anything new in 15 years, and now Slash has come out and confirmed there is nothing new plain as day. It is you who is deluded by your own wishful thinking.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

We have no idea how much money Slash actually has, and he's going to want to maintain his current lifestyle and not downgrade due to the millions he has to give Perla. He is at the age where money becomes more important than legacy, we are talking hundreds of millions of dollars from the NITL tour. He is not going to turn down that kind of cash because Axl doesn't write music anymore. And he has an outlet for his riffs in SMKC.

You sound like the users before the reunion who said Slash would never accept TB managing the band or would insist on a full reunion lineup without any of the NuGuns guys. There has been no indication whatsoever that Axl has written anything new in 15 years, and now Slash has come out and confirmed there is nothing new plain as day. It is you who is deluded by your own wishful thinking.

Yep. Reality check. It sucks. They were like heroes back in the day to me, but that was an Illusion. It's all about the money now. Lose your Illusion.