The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Tours for the last few albums have started outside the US. 

Agreed, money is money these days, and I imagine these European festivals pay well.  Also, I imagine in 2020 an new Guns album would sell better overseas anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Caedo said:

There was an ad for the new tour posted somewhere advertising an "all new show". They surely couldn't say that and then play the exact same set again could they?

I mean they could just switch one song and the stage and there you have a new show

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, sofine11 said:

People are joking and scoffing about it, but honestly, in my opinion it's now or never.  As in a March/April release is either happening, or this band (namely Axl) has no real intention of putting out an album, probably ever.  

That's about as close to "optimism" as I can get right now.

Pretty much this. I’m very, very cautiously optimistic here.

If march / april is the plan im hoping no leaks so not to hamper a new record and be like the CD leak situation a decade ago.  I would think a new single if they plan on having a single drops in January. If a new album eventuates im hoping for twins like the illusions, clean the slate.

Edited by Sydney Fan

So they're going to tour a new album with Axl's voice totally tired and shot after 5 years of touring?

I dont even know if i would want new music like this, all the hype, nice studio vocals and then you see them live...

2016 was so long ago now, this tour should have ended in 17-18, so they could rest pretty well before touring again. 

Makes no sense to tour so much, release a new album and go back on the road so fast. Dont want to imagine what Axl would sound like after like 8 years touring non stop.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

If march / april is the plan im hoping no leaks so not to hamper a new record and be like the CD leak situation a decade ago.  I would think a new single if they plan on having a single drops in January. If a new album eventuates im hoping for twins like the illusions, clean the slate.

I think the last round of leaks probably already "ruined" some of the surprise of a new record. I'd be shocked if "Hardschool" wasn't the first single.

From my perspective, the band is making up for years of missed opportunity. I certainly have been the optimist about a new record, and while I was disappointed that 2019 didn't bring anything new, these tour dates (without "Not In This Lifetime" attached) would strongly suggest, in my opinion, that they will be touring in support of new material.

January 31st is interesting, because with it being the first show since NITL ended, I would fully expect something new to be introduced, especially to an audience in town for the Super Bowl. It would definitely cause media buzz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

From my perspective, the band is making up for years of missed opportunity. I certainly have been the optimist about a new record, and while I was disappointed that 2019 didn't bring anything new, these tour dates (without "Not In This Lifetime" attached) would strongly suggest, in my opinion, that they will be touring in support of new material.

January 31st is interesting, because with it being the first show since NITL ended, I would fully expect something new to be introduced, especially to an audience in town for the Super Bowl. It would definitely cause media buzz.

I dont know....i think introducing a new song at the SB woukd be wayyyyy to risky for this band. The stress would be to enormous.