The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

29 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Oh trust me, I maintain that 2011 was only the start of the downfall and set the way for current guns to happen. I believe that 2010 Axl still cared about being an artist, and would not have sold out like he has to this day. In terms of something changing, see quotes above. We’ll probably see a change but it’ll be very minimal.

1985-2010 Axl and 2011-current Axl are like two different people. Axl Rose the tortured artist last appeared on stage in December 2010, and what showed up in Rio 2011 is like some corporate whore doppelganger. I wish the real guy would come back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

1985-2010 Axl and 2011-current Axl are like two different people. Axl Rose the tortured artist last appeared on stage in December 2010, and what showed up in Rio 2011 is like some corporate whore doppelganger. I wish the real guy would come back.

I’ve said this a million times on the forum recently, but I say it because it’s both true and sad: Axl creatively checked out after 2010 and may as well be retired now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy squire said:

One Ep in March

1.better(live whit intro)

2.chinese democracy(live)

3.the seeker(live)

4.locomotive(live)

5.children of the revolution(t.rex cover)

6.hardschool

7.atlas

8. State of grace.

This is i wish, litle thing

8 tracks would be great for that EP ....but I think "they" said only 4.

2 live tracks, Hardschool and T-Rex ?

6 minutes ago, Izzy squire said:

One Ep in March

1.better(live whit intro)

2.chinese democracy(live)

3.the seeker(live)

4.locomotive(live)

5.children of the revolution(t.rex cover)

6.hardschool

7.atlas

8. State of grace.

This is i wish, litle thing

If we're wishing for things, why not wish for a complete album rather than an EP with some live songs? Although I wouldn't mind "The Seeker" and "Better" live. We need *new* new. Not just  versions of songs we heard a couple months back and live stuff.

Just now, avahland said:

8 tracks would be great for that EP ....but I think "they" said only 4.

2 live tracks, Hardschool and T-Rex ?

Who is "they" and is GNR seriously gonna finally release new music only to have it be four tracks, one being a fucking cover?

"They" are the "Insiders"....

I don't know who was the first to speak about that EP.
I think MSL and / or Brasky mentioned the 4 track EP being done already.

Not sure about all of his....happened a few months ago...
Can't say if it's reliable or not....time will tell I guess.

20 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Si deseamos cosas, ¿por qué no desear un álbum completo en lugar de un EP con algunas canciones en vivo? Aunque no me importaría "The Seeker" y "Better" en vivo. Necesitamos * nuevo * nuevo. No solo versiones de canciones que escuchamos hace un par de meses y cosas en vivo.

¿Quiénes son "ellos" y GNR en serio finalmente lanzará nueva música solo para que sean cuatro pistas, una de ellas sea una jodida versión?

You got reason,  but one ep, before the europe  leg, and album in november, it sound good

16 minutes ago, avahland said:

"They" are the "Insiders"....

I don't know who was the first to speak about that EP.
I think MSL and / or Brasky mentioned the 4 track EP being done already.

Not sure about all of his....happened a few months ago...
Can't say if it's reliable or not....time will tell I guess.

I gotta say, I'd be very disappointed in a four-track EP. If they were gonna release something like that, it could have fuckin' come out two years ago. Especially if this EP ends up all being reworked versions of "Perhaps," "Atlas Shrugged," Hardschool" and "State of Grace" or something. Don't get me wrong, I love all four of those songs. But if it's gonna be stuff we already heard, let's get 12 fucking songs out there, proper SP.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

I gotta say, I'd be very disappointed in a four-track EP. If they were gonna release something like that, it could have fuckin' come out two years ago. Especially if this EP ends up all being reworked versions of "Perhaps," "Atlas Shrugged," Hardschool" and "State of Grace" or something. Don't get me wrong, I love all four of those songs. But if it's gonna be stuff we already heard, let's get 12 fucking songs out there, proper SP.

I wouldn't worry. It's just fans talking out their ass as usual.

9 hours ago, Free Bird said:

If you don't see the difference it's not our fault.

It never was about the Richards, Gilbys or Melissas. It was about Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. 

5 members > 3 members > 1 member

So it's not about what is objectively GNR, but subjective i.e. your favourite lineup? :lol:

3 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I wonder how many tracks from the Pitman disk will end up on this album. Was Rick ever able to confirm the tracklist?

Rick lied. Pitman was never selling anything. He just wanted people to think he still had something after his hoard leaked.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Rick lied. Pitman was never selling anything. He just wanted people to think he still had something after his hoard leaked.

Doesn't change the fact that the disk was still a real thing so I still am curious to know how many songs from that disc will end up on the new album. Still find it hilarious that Rick tricked msl and wfa (lol)

Guns was the band that made me want to become a guitarist and write music and be in a band, which later all has happened .  Honestly even despite the cool ass songs we’ve gotten to hear recently, I have pretty much given up on them in a lot of instances.  Especially doing an album.  I understand the cash grab and the unnecessary promo material that’s excessively over priced.  There’s a demand especially when more-less core group is now intact.  Recording records ripped the band apart in the past.  EP would be cool,  album would be better.  Label/industry still drives that bus.  Maybe they’ll do EP to test the demand for music and see the sales. If it does then do an album.  There’s been a lot of slaps in the face to the fans with the whole new music for the bands inception.  After Chinese took forever I stopped defending the band to friends and family.  There’s a legacy in some ways (FOR ME PERSONALLY) that’s been tarnished.  In the late 90’s as a teenager I shifted away from guns as favorite band ever and became a life long faith no more fan.  Ironically another band of dudes who didn’t get along, but still has more albums in catalog, and returned with a great album after touring a few years.  I would love to be proven wrong with Guns, but they’ve always done things their own way, or politics and big business is the real factor and what’s held it back which I don’t know.  But if I were a betting man.... 

2 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

So it's not about what is objectively GNR, but subjective i.e. your favourite lineup? :lol:

Sorry off topic I know, is your username a prince reference, a very obscure Prince reference haha!

All new songs - Axls lyrics and Slash and Duff writing all the music 

Axl can take his vox from The solo album he made and copy and paste them to the song 

As bad as Axl voice is now I don’t think the studio can magic him up but I won’t surprised if he kills it in the studio either 

I don’t wanna hear any songs that structured in Axls solo project style 

Biggest Question I have - Can Axl sing good enough right now to make a Record - My answer after seeing NITL 4 times is no but there is always a but - Axl isn’t a great singer for no reason - he has got the chops but have they burned out like him 

At worst like I said we get copy and paste -Pro Tools Axl 

No need to worry about Slash - It is proven he is the man 

We will get a record in April 

Edited by TMAC20

I highly doubt Axl would re-record vocals from even the oldest of songs, sure maybe re-do bits here and there, but 90% or more of the vocals on the leaked songs that were officially released on CD has those same vocals.

I'm just hoping they kept Bucket's part on those songs.

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven weren't objectively GNR?

Sorry my mistake mate

They weren't the only lineup of GNR. There was a whole thing about it.

7 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Sorry off topic I know, is your username a prince reference, a very obscure Prince reference haha!

It is indeed. I see you're a man culture.