The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

17 hours ago, pincolino said:

Do you think it's easy to make great music? And if they make you an album, because people like you always ask to make an album and this sucks, what will you say about it? When they were at the height of their inspiration they always gave priority to quality and not quantity. What good is an album with a good song or two just to shut the mouth of idiots like you? :fuckyou:

lol

On 7/4/2022 at 1:04 PM, pincolino said:

Do you think it's easy to make great music? And if they make you an album, because people like you always ask to make an album and this sucks, what will you say about it? When they were at the height of their inspiration they always gave priority to quality and not quantity. What good is an album with a good song or two just to shut the mouth of idiots like you? :fuckyou:

172x59.jpg.a89dcf8d85ea43074762591fef14f2ca.jpg

GET ME SO MAD EVEN TB R ON THE FORUM READING THE COMMENTS AND TALKING TO US LIKE WE R BAD PEOPLE, WE FOLLOW THE BAND TO THE VERY END OF THE WORLD AND THEY DISS US, WE JUST WANNA HEAR OUR FAV BAND, WE HOAR FOR AXL AND THE BAND, JUST POST THE SELECT VIDEOS FROM THE 90S IF YOU R NOT GONNA RELEEASE THE BOX SET THIS YEAR, GIVE US SOMETHING 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

GET ME SO MAD EVEN TB R ON THE FORUM READING THE COMMENTS AND TALKING TO US LIKE WE R BAD PEOPLE, WE FOLLOW THE BAND TO THE VERY END OF THE WORLD AND THEY DISS US, WE JUST WANNA HEAR OUR FAV BAND, WE HOAR FOR AXL AND THE BAND, JUST POST THE SELECT VIDEOS FROM THE 90S IF YOU R NOT GONNA RELEEASE THE BOX SET THIS YEAR, GIVE US SOMETHING 

Amem

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sweersa said:

They should drop whatever singles they have ready, then release CD2 as it existed in 2008-2014, but with Bucket's guitar parts restored where Bumble replaced, when possible. :) 

And Finck replaced by Slash. Works for me. 

16 hours ago, Sweersa said:

They should drop whatever singles they have ready, then release CD2 as it existed in 2008-2014, but with Bucket's guitar parts restored where Bumble replaced, when possible. :) 

And Finck replaced by Slash. Works for me. 

7 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Holy crap, I just remembered that "Rock the Rock" exists. I haven't thought about that since it released.

How "f'n" weird that is.

anyone got a link to to a high quality audio file pls? 

I listen to Absurd and Hardschool while doing some stretching before work outs. I still have a chuckle every time that the first song they put out was Silkworms, and HS has vocals from a completely unrelated track (also 20+ years old) copy and pasted in.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 10:08 PM, SoulMonster said:

They really did go to great lengths to "lead us on" then, I mean, all the trouble of writing all those songs, have Slash and Duff record on lots of them, even releasing two songs least year all part of this elaborate scheme of fooling us into believing they intend to release any more of the songs they have prepared. 

Lol

2 songs in how many years? Cool

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Don’t hold your breath. I’m of the opinion that leaks are 100% dried up for the foreseeable future. 

Hoarders over ten years ago had a lot more stuff than what has leaked thus far, but most of the ones I knew are no longer around.

Hopefully one or more eventually say "fuck it" and release what they have for the amusement of themselves, and enjoyment of the fans.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Hoarders over ten years ago had a lot more stuff than what has leaked thus far, but most of the ones I knew are no longer around.

Hopefully one or more eventually say "fuck it" and release what they have for the amusement of themselves, and enjoyment of the fans.

All we know for certain is that The General exists with vocals. For all we know those other hoarded songs are just alternate mixes of what we have and alternate takes of ideas likely without vocals. I think there was a period where hoarders and enthusiasts were trying to fool each other into “trading” songs, but it turned out nobody really had any. It was an MSL approach that no longer worked. 

2 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

All we know for certain is that The General exists with vocals. For all we know those other hoarded songs are just alternate mixes of what we have and alternate takes of ideas likely without vocals. I think there was a period where hoarders and enthusiasts were trying to fool each other into “trading” songs, but it turned out nobody really had any. It was an MSL approach that no longer worked. 

we know that Axl said CD ll was completed a long time ago (with Bumble and Frank)

so that means completed vocals as well, if you choose to believe Axl and I don't believe he lied about it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Soul Monster, Seven, and others are out there. Oklahoma has vocals too, but not sure if that one ever "got out".  There's plenty of instrumentals and alt stuff like you said.

It's all a matter of who knows who. Many people worked on GN'R songs during the CD era, and many kept what they worked on and/or what they had access to, and many shared. Some of it ended up leaking, some of it didn't. 

Most of the traders back in the day did so only in person, or were way more careful than those who ended up having their stuff leaked from the likes of MSL and others.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, timoteo said:

Lol

2 songs in how many years? Cool

8 hours ago, Stro said:

I listen to Absurd and Hardschool while doing some stretching before work outs. I still have a chuckle every time that the first song they put out was Silkworms, and HS has vocals from a completely unrelated track (also 20+ years old) copy and pasted in.

100% agree on both of these- you can talk about "well they said they've recorded a ton and there's so much new stuff ready to go... CD is a trilogy and there's 90 songs etc etc etc" all you want, but the truth is back in 2008 the label had finally had enough nonsense, cut their losses and went in and pried the 14 most finished songs that had any potential out of Axl's stubborn hands, stuck them on a record and cut their losses.

Over the next 14 years or so they've released 2 additional tracks from the massive trove left behind in CD's wake- as @Stro accurately pointed out - 1) a slightly reworked joke song with infantile lyrics first conceived by a former member over 20 years ago and 2) another 2+ decade old rocker with token bass & lead guitar additions from the reunited gang, clearly featuring the demo vocal with layers of effects and production.

So maybe none of the key people are "lying" that all this material exists, and if so... what? They just don't feel like releasing it? I'd say at this point it's mainly fear and anxiety- how will this be received? Is it good enough? Anything we release will just be compared to the past, etc etc etc.