The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

17 hours ago, Lethalis said:

The only thing that happens while GnR doesn't release anything, is me discovering more great music which makes me forget about GnR altogether :shrugs:

At some point Axl must realize this is happening. I mean... most people also have a limited budget for going to shows.

What would you rather do? See GnR for the 10th time or see other artists which actually release new great stuff?

I'll see myself out :shrugs:

I totally agree with your sentiments. So much good music to be discovered and heard, whatever it may be. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, arrio said:

Yeah we've been talking about it in the other thread. It's not confirmed to be Oklahoma, news articles are jumping the gun on that, it just sounds really similiar. But we need to hear more of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah we've been talking about it in the other thread. It's not confirmed to be Oklahoma, news articles are jumping the gun on that, it just sounds really similiar. But we need to hear more of it.

It's either the whole song or parts of it reworked into another song.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

The release of Chinese Democracy will be closer to the release of "Sympathy for the Devil" than to October 22, 2022.

The release of Chinese Democracy will be closer to the release of The Spaghetti Incident than to November 25, 2023.

The 4/1/2016 reunion concert will be closer to the release of Chinese Democracy than to August 10, 2023.

On June 24, 2023, half my life will have passed since "Oh My God" came out.  All those years of waiting and then asking 'what the hell is this?'  Ah, we were so young then.

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ChrisW said:

The release of Chinese Democracy will be closer to the release of "Sympathy for the Devil" than to October 22, 2022.

The release of Chinese Democracy will be closer to the release of The Spaghetti Incident than to November 25, 2023.

The 4/1/2016 reunion concert will be closer to the release of Chinese Democracy than to August 10, 2023.

On June 24, 2023, half my life will have passed since "Oh My God" came out.  All those years of waiting and then asking 'what the hell is this?'  Ah, we were so young then.

I remember joining here after discovering Chinese in 2011 and becoming obsessed with it. The 2011 tour started shortly after and we were all expecting a new song, traditionally based on nothing as per usual, at Rio 2011. Nothing has really changed. 

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

It's either the whole song or parts of it reworked into another song.

It probably has been reworked and sounds very different, structure wise since the 2000 leak though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I remember joining here after discovering Chinese in 2011 and becoming obsessed with it. The 2011 tour started shortly after and we were all expecting a new song, traditionally based on nothing as per usual, at Rio 2011. Nothing has really changed. 

It probably has been reworked and sounds very different, structure wise since the 2000 leak though. 

Wasn't Goin' Down on the setlist?

Anyone else wondering if Slash & Duff have secretly been thinking “Aw, fuck, here we go…” in regard to Axl inventing ways to hold up the album? They clearly must’ve worked very hard on injecting themselves into all those tracks now 3 plus years ago. They can’t be thrilled with what’s been done or not done since they wrapped.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Anyone else wondering if Slash & Duff have secretly been thinking “Aw, fuck, here we go…” in regard to Axl inventing ways to hold up the album? They clearly must’ve worked very hard on injecting themselves into all those tracks now 3 plus years ago. They can’t be thrilled with what’s been done or not done since they wrapped.

They became hired Guns back in 2015/16 and I think they are fine with that as long as the paychecks keep coming. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

They became hired Guns back in 2015/16 and I think they are fine with that as long as the paychecks keep coming. 

Sure, but work is still work, and neither is known to be keen on sitting on it for years for whatever reason.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Sure, but work is still work, and neither is known to be keen on sitting on it for years for whatever reason.

I agree with this completely, I believe there are many occasions in which both Duff and Slash found themselves walking on eggshells around Axl’s fragile mood.

Ultimately cool heads prevailed as the thoughts of millions ran through their heads. The demise of GNR will ultimately come down to Axl not being able to tour, or a showdown between the three in which Axl will just say “fuck it”.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

- Fans on GN'R forums find out about something (in this case, about an unidentified tune being soundchecked and titles of unreleased GN'R tracks showing up on Spotify) and start speculating on it.

- A site picks it up and makes an article out of it (obviously with the GN'R forums as its only source).

- The article is posted back on the forums and some other fans read it as "news".

- Other sites around the world publish the "news" with the first article as their only source.

- The articles are posted back on the forums....

... So there we are. Now people expect Oklahoma and GN'R has to release it :lol:

Yeah! All recyclate shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

I agree with this completely, I believe there are many occasions in which both Duff and Slash found themselves walking on eggshells around Axl’s fragile mood.

Ultimately cool heads prevailed as the thoughts of millions ran through their heads. The demise of GNR will ultimately come down to Axl not being able to tour, or a showdown between the three in which Axl will just say “fuck it”.

I agree. I think they’ve had to resign themselves to just privately shaking their heads but still rolling with whatever nuttery they’re forced to live with within GNR.

Edited by sofine11
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:I agree, but he might care about the sales revenues. 

That being said, I am sure they knew exactly what they were getting into. 

They want this record out to cement their legacies within GNR believe me. I don’t care if Paul Huge has a credit on every single track, you can bet they’re all in on getting it out.

9 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

They want this record out to cement their legacies within GNR believe me. I don’t care if Paul Huge has a credit on every single track, you can bet they’re all in on getting it out.

I can’t imagine CDII would fulfil them artistically…

• Like 1