Your Top 5 Albums Of The Year

Gordon Comstock

• Maggie Rogers Heard It in a Passed life
  • Willie Nelson Ride Me Back Home
  • Bruce Cockburn Crowing Ignites 
  • Tanya Tagaq Toothsayer 
  • Jenn Grant Love, Inevitable 

In no particular order. Missy Elliots EP Iconology would maybe replace Cockbruns album, but I wasn't sure if EPs are allowed. Regardless these 6 releases are some of the only ones I listened to all of this year anyways, along with Thank U, Next. 

Edited by soon
keeps auto correcting toothsayer lol

4 hours ago, soon said:
  • Maggie Rogers Heard It in a Passed life
  • Willie Nelson Ride Me Back Home
  • Bruce Cockburn Crowing Ignites 
  • Tanya Tagaq Toothsayer 
  • Jenn Grant Love, Inevitable 

In no particular order. Missy Elliots EP Iconology would maybe replace Cockbruns album, but I wasn't sure if EPs are allowed. Regardless these 6 releases are some of the only ones I listened to all of this year anyways, along with Thank U, Next. 

Bruce Cockburn, now there's a name I havent thought about in a long time.  His If I Had A Rocket Launcher was awesome.  "If I had a rocket launcher, some son of a bitch would die".  The guy knows how to get a point across.😄

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Bruce Cockburn, now there's a name I havent thought about in a long time.  His If I Had A Rocket Launcher was awesome.  "If I had a rocket launcher, some son of a bitch would die".  The guy knows how to get a point across.😄

I listen to an acoustic version of Rocket Launcher all the time - such a great song! He sure doesnt mince words, does he? :lol: Can you believe that this album is instrumental, no vocals. He said he felt that in such a time as this that words can just muck things up, so our great poet went silent. Luckily he's also a phenomenal guitarist :headbang:Somehow I still get the sense of who the rocket launcher is aimed at... :lol:

1 hour ago, soon said:

I listen to an acoustic version of Rocket Launcher all the time - such a great song! He sure doesnt mince words, does he? :lol: Can you believe that this album is instrumental, no vocals. He said he felt that in such a time as this that words can just muck things up, so our great poet went silent. Luckily he's also a phenomenal guitarist :headbang:Somehow I still get the sense of who the rocket launcher is aimed at... :lol:

Oh, no doubt about it.😄 just curious, I know you're from Canada, are you a fan of The Band?  Those guys were amazing.  Richard Manuel and Rick Danko, awesome, and of course Levon Helm(he's actually from Arkansas). I never was a fan of Robbie Robertson's singing but his guitar work and writing were phenomenal.   Then you've got Garth Hudson with the carnival keyboards.  Love those guys.

40 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Oh, no doubt about it.😄 just curious, I know you're from Canada, are you a fan of The Band?  Those guys were amazing.  Richard Manuel and Rick Danko, awesome, and of course Levon Helm(he's actually from Arkansas). I never was a fan of Robbie Robertson's singing but his guitar work and writing were phenomenal.   Then you've got Garth Hudson with the carnival keyboards.  Love those guys.

I love what Ive heard. Robbie and Garth are the members that come to my mind first - those keys, man. Levon too. The entire band are so good. They certainly loom large here so Ive seen Last Waltz, the Classic Albums episode on them, and I own the Greatest Hits. But theres probably a lot that I havent heard, which I should remedy.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2019 at 12:51 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

What are your top 5 albums of the year?

Mine are:

Anderson .Paak - Ventura
Yelawolf - Ghetto Cowboy
The Claypool Lennon Delirium - South Of Reality
Reignwolf - Hear Me Out
Free Nationals - Free Nationals

I'm gonna listen to all your top 5, you seem like a man with interesting taste in music and I'm bored to death with my taste.  They better be good or I'm gonna come find you and kick you in the bollocks :lol:  Yelawolf I've always meant to give a try and The Claypool Lennon Delirum sound great!

Bruce Cockburn

Tell me thats a stage name :lol:

Hip-hop:

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana

Danny Brown - uknowhatimsayin¿

Westside Gunn - Hitler Wears Hermes 7

Injury Reserve - s/t

Denzel Curry - Zuu

Non:

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Infest The Rats' Nest

Mdou Moctar - Ilana (The Creator)

Black Midi - Schlagenheim

Sturgill Simpson - Sound & Fury

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - Watchmen Volume 1

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm gonna listen to all your top 5, you seem like a man with interesting taste in music and I'm bored to death with my taste.  They better be good or I'm gonna come find you and kick you in the bollocks :lol:  Yelawolf I've always meant to give a try and The Claypool Lennon Delirum sound great!

I don't think many people on here would be into the Free Nationals album but you might like at least one of those other albums.