John Frusciante returns to RHCP

vloors

On 9/19/2021 at 3:13 PM, EvanG said:

Looks like Josh is a touring member for Pearl Jam now. I believe he also plays on Eddie Vedder's new solo record. Kinda cool of them to embrace him like that after the Peppers canned him.

Wow. That’s unexpected but awesome, I love Josh and PJ. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EvanG said:

This is the first time since late 2019 that there's been some kind of official announcement from the band and the first time since 2007 that we've seen the 4 of them together... I think I'm confused!

lol just a fun SNL-like way of announcing a world tour. It's a very RHCP thing to do imo. John is a fine actor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

lol just a fun SNL-like way of announcing a world tour. It's a very RHCP thing to do imo. John is a fine actor.

I know, I was kidding... Flea and Anthony have done a 'comedy duo' before... (Nirvana's Live and Loud show and in the movie The Chase).

I thought Chad was the most convincing, though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I know, I was kidding... Flea and Anthony have done a 'comedy duo' before... (Nirvana's Live and Loud show and in the movie The Chase).

I thought Chad was the most convincing, though.

yeah, the boat thing. Not familiar with The Chase, I'll check it out. Chad is funny. Something about his vibe. (just to be clear: I too, was kidding. John cannot act lol)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

yeah, the boat thing. Not familiar with The Chase, I'll check it out. Chad is funny. Something about his vibe. (just to be clear: I too, was kidding. John cannot act lol)

It's kinda a cheesy Charlie Sheen movie. It also features Henry Rollins!

31 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I’m excited! Saw them twice (once was at the HoF, though) but something was missing. Glad to have Frusciante back

Yeah I like Josh and am glad he’s doing well but when I saw RHCP in 2017 I could barely even hear the guitar/ backing vocals. They needed John back. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I like Josh and am glad he’s doing well but when I saw RHCP in 2017 I could barely even hear the guitar/ backing vocals. They needed John back. Plain and simple.

That's odd, because he has a beautiful, almost angelic voice, that's pretty unique. Definitely a better singer than Kiedis, so it's weird they put him so low in the mix. I'm glad John is back too because he's the only right fit for that band as far as I'm concerned, but I will miss Josh's vocals. Especially on ''I'm With You'' he did a lot of background vocals, even had some lead parts in a couple of songs, and I thought he sounded great.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Tour dates announced. Beck and The Strokes among the openers, and it’s mostly stadiums! Didn’t think they’d be big enough for those kinda venues…

Also pre-orders for the new album start tomorrow at 10am EST.

I didn’t see anything regarding a new album. Got a link?

34 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I didn’t see anything regarding a new album. Got a link?

There was a mention on their website but it’s gone now, for some strange reason…

11 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I didn't see anything regarding new album in the email either. 

See above.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

There was a mention on their website but it’s gone now, for some strange reason…

See above.

There is a pre-sale tomorrow for AMEX I think. That's likely it.

I'm sort of torn about the Toronto show. Both myself and my better half want to go (we went to the past 2 at the ACC) but I hate how much prices are now. Not to mention it's at the Sky Dome (which I hate for concerts) and that there's a mask mandate (unless you're eating or drinking, because science). I'm sure it'll sell very well so can't just sit back and wait till day off like one could in Detroit or Buffalo.. decisions....

Edited by Coma16