Matt Sorum's Autobiography

3 hours ago, LunsJail said:

That was actually what I was referring to earlier about Matt oversharing. Sounds like there was major tension between Izzy and Duff over NITL.

hmmm.  and duff didnt wish Izzy a happy birthday 2 days ago on twitter.....

slash did

1 hour ago, LunsJail said:

Matt was also offered to appear here and there on NITL. Fernando texted him directly. The offer (travel expenses + no money) was turned down.

I hate to spoil too much. There’s some fairly juicy shit in this book.

Is there much in the book about the 94 to 96 sessions?.

43 minutes ago, Creed said:

So thats exactly what Steven got. Gilby probably got the same deal, too. Thats a huge insult, imo. Man, this band is so horrible since 1993...

I don't know if it's insulting not offering money tbh. It seems more like a "if you want to come along and have a bit fun playing a song or two, we'll cover everything for you" invitation, as opposed to the band explicitly needing him, in which they should obviously pay him. They already have a drummer, and Matt isn't going to get the crowd going the same way Izzy would I don't think. 

• Like 2

On 17/02/2020 at 3:53 AM, ChineseDemocracy said:

He could, but look at what they put out after he was in the band. Its not like they were cranking out the hits anymore, and you see how often The Cult plays... not too much

What do you mean?. The cult did the electric album anniversary across all US, europe , australia in 2013 released a new album in 2016, toured same markets and toured 2019 in most but not all markets for sonic temple album anniversary. Im waiting for them to do the asia/australian tour. They were to play more dates this year in the US but has been on hold and playing in NA again from October.

Considering matt has toured with motorhead, and zz top hes been more productive out of his GNR years, than most of even the CD lineup with the exception of BH.

Edited by Sydney Fan

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

What do you mean?. The cult did the electric album anniversary across all US, europe , australia in 2013 released a new album in 2016, toured same markets and toured 2019 in most but not all markets for sonic temple album anniversary. Im waiting for them to do the asia/australian tour. They were to play more dates this year in the US but has been on hold and playing in NA again from October.

Considering matt has toured with motorhead, and zz top hes been more productive out of his GNR years, than most of even the CD lineup with the exception of BH.

Another tidbit for today: There was some drama around the RNR Hall of Fame ceremony as well. Matt had been told there would be no performance and didn’t find out otherwise until he ran into Gilby at the airport on the way to the ceremony. The guys had no plans to include Matt in this performance. Steven felt bad for him and let him take the drums on Brownstone. Matt repaid the favor by taking a crack at Steven during his speech which he admits he felt like a dick about later. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, LunsJail said:

Sorry, I’m new to the forum and not familiar with the spoiler function. I’ll answer any specific questions people have though. Someone DM’d me asking me to rip the book for them. I will NOT do that. I was going to feel bad about revealing too much but whoever bungled the release of this thing is to blame there. Also, I would feel worse if Matt didn’t come off like such a dick in this book. My opinion of him wasn’t incredibly high to begin with but it’s amazing when someone’s own book makes them look like an asshole. Imagine real life!

Hi

The spoiler function is the eye symbol, click it and you get a box to type into that hides the content. 

Spoiler

Like this

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 19.50.16.png

57 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I don’t mean this in a mean way, but it’s kind of sad that the newest thing we’ll have to talk about in the GN’R world is a Matt Sorum autobiography. Lol. 

In the world we’re living in right now, it’s nice to have anything new to talk about.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

5 hours ago, LunsJail said:

Another tidbit for today: There was some drama around the RNR Hall of Fame ceremony as well. Matt had been told there would be no performance and didn’t find out otherwise until he ran into Gilby at the airport on the way to the ceremony. The guys had no plans to include Matt in this performance. Steven felt bad for him and let him take the drums on Brownstone. Matt repaid the favor by taking a crack at Steven during his speech which he admits he felt like a dick about later. 

That’s terrible - shows Steven up well if that’s the case. What did Sorum actually say (I have never actually watched the induction)?

21 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

That’s terrible - shows Steven up well if that’s the case. What did Sorum actually say (I have never actually watched the induction)?

Not an direct quote, but basically an insult saying how everyone in GNR were taking so much drugs, and Steve still managed to take so much he had to get kicked out.

23 minutes ago, registra said:

Not an direct quote, but basically an insult saying how everyone in GNR were taking so much drugs, and Steve still managed to take so much he had to get kicked out.

Oh - cheers. To be fair loads of folk have said that over the years....he didn’t need to say that on stage after Adler threw him a bone though.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Oh - cheers. To be fair loads of folk have said that over the years....he didn’t need to say that on stage after Adler threw him a bone though.

Yeah, it wasn't in a mean spirited tone. He was trying to be lighthearted and funny but it came off a bit weird. I can see why he regretted saying it.

15 minutes ago, Creed said:

? So, Gilby was invited to perform but Matt wasnt? Come on, this can't be true...

Is Matt talking about the last recording sessions he did with Guns?

Yes, he ran into Gilby at the airport who said they were performing. Izzy has declined to participate after Axl did. Then Slash and his wife show up at the airport. Slash says they are playing with Steven since it’s only Appetite songs and that Myles doesn’t know the UYI stuff. The whole thing was planned without Matt. Steven is the reason he got to play at all.

He talks about his last studio sessions some. Talks about alerting Axl to Finck. Talks about the low amount of material they were coming up with overall. 

It seems there was a lot of behind the scenes drama about the HOF induction (besides whatever had to do with Axl). Gilby talked about it on Appetite For Distortion recently. He said that Matt had inside information from the HOF about the induction, and he worked his way to get himself inducted (so at first only the AFD lineup was sure to be inducted) and that dragged Dizzy in, too, as he was part of the UYI albums lineup, but not Gilby, who said didn't have inside info like Matt and nobody had told him about it. Gilby sounded bugged about it, even though he said he didn't care about the HOF etc.:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-gilby-clarke-slams-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-i-dont-think-theres-any-real-validity-in-it/

Maybe this is why they hadn't planned to include Matt to the performance (which, according to Duff's second book, wasn't planned much ahead either).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1