Matt Sorum's Autobiography

8 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

Duff's narrative that it was "chance" or "coincidence" that brought them together in London has pretty much been scratched at, it seems as if he got the scoop on Axl's location and took his chance to reconnect with Axl to get back into Guns, with or without TB's prior knowledge.

And it t seems obvious that Duff slowly jettisoned his relationship with the other members as he got back into Gn'R with Axl. Izzy and Matt would have had the most leverage at the beginning to rejoin with Duff and Slash. The fact that he didn't bring Matt into the loop in 2015, froze out Izzy, and the fact that Slash pulled a power-play at the last minute for a higher percentage of the cut is obvious that these guys went into this thing with money in mind. 

What was the last minute power play by Slash that you mention? Where did we hear this?

5 minutes ago, LunsJail said:

What was the last minute power play by Slash that you mention? Where did we hear this?

It's only hearsay. Discussed during the beginnings of the 2016 NITL that as negotiations were being finalized, the original split between Axl, Slash and Duff was 50/25/25.

At some point during the negotiations, Slash realized he was packing more heat and pushed for a bigger slice of the pie, Duff relented some of his cut for Slash, so the story goes.

I'm sure someone has a better recollection of where that rumour originated. It might have been in the Izzy "Split the loot equally" thread

I have never liked Duff. Tommy was far more talented, Going Down destroys anything Duff wrote for Guns. And it's hilarious how the "big three" idiots try to elevate this douchebag over Izzy, who wrote some of the best songs this band ever released. For a lot of the old band purists it was all about image, and Duff's punk (poser) image was more prominent than Izzy's laid back approach.

5 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I think there's lots of assumptions here. Suddenly Duff somehow is somehow orchestrating everything while manipulating everyone else including someone as volatile as Axl? Really? 

This. Thanks. 

I just do not believe he is behind all of this. I firmly believe it is Axl. 

Duff has always been a ,,glue", a mediator as everybody used to say. Now to think that he become ,,man from the shadow pulling the strings" after he got sober I found it ridicolous!

I know people change during their lifetime but not that much to become prick-dick-bastard-SOB-etc ...

but he definitely has his hands in the management of all of this but the last words are Axl's

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I think there's lots of assumptions here. Suddenly Duff somehow is somehow orchestrating everything while manipulating everyone else including someone as volatile as Axl? Really? 

1. Matt = Duff didn't care to get me in on the reunion, that pissed me off

2. Some people = I can see that,  given previous examples of Duff's behaviour

3. Other people = Matt is a bullshi**er.

4.....?

5. Profit (Axl)

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is more the surprise as I think people - I know I did - saw Duff as the ''rational nice guy'' of the three, a sort of moderating influence, whereas Rose and Slash were a couple of cunts. Turns out Duff is their equal!

Lets be honest though, Slash and Duff barely register on the cunt-o-meter next to Axl Rose.

• Like 4

Were there any new revelations or insights about Axl in the mid to late 90s that we didn't know before, in this book?  Seeing as though Matt was there through a lot of it including a portion of "The Rise of Tobias" I was curious about if he highlighted any of that

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is more the surprise as I think people - I know I did - saw Duff as the ''rational nice guy'' of the three, a sort of moderating influence, whereas Rose and Slash were a couple of cunts. Turns out Duff is their equal!

Spineless too

• Haha 1

Duffs always seemed like a dick to me. :shrugs: I know he had that "nice guy" rocker label. Grohl has that same label, and I call bullshit on them both. They're both 'operators' with alligator smiles.

Think Duff has principles? He was part of the anti-establishment, Seattle punk scene. Then he ditched that to join a major label hair band. Punk AF!! 

His peers in the Seattle scene, in Pearl Jam, fought against Ticket Master and postponed their tour to be the best they could be to their fans. Duff on the other hand licks Live Nations butt hole and played in Mexico City after everyone knew better and had postponed their tours.

Seems like Duff sold out decades ago and this is just more of the same slimy shit.

Cant wait to read Matts book! :headbang:

• Like 2

Just now, LunsJail said:

I can’t wait until you guys read this book. I really don’t understand the Duff hate here. He was supposed to sacrifice a reunion with Axl and Slash to fall on the sword for Matt Sorum?

Where did I say that? :lol:

6 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I have never liked Duff. Tommy was far more talented, Going Down destroys anything Duff wrote for Guns. And it's hilarious how the "big three" idiots try to elevate this douchebag over Izzy, who wrote some of the best songs this band ever released. For a lot of the old band purists it was all about image, and Duff's punk (poser) image was more prominent than Izzy's laid back approach.

Not defending Duff’s image, but I’ll take It's So Easy over Going Down :shrugs:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, soon said:

Think Duff has principles? He was part of the anti-establishment, Seattle punk scene. Then he ditched that to join a major label hair band. Punk AF!! 

Aw, come on, dude, you know it ain't like that. He left Seattle to escape the heroin wave and to see more than just his hometown, then he found some great musicians in LA and a few years later they were a huge band.

• Like 1