Matt Sorum's Autobiography

I think his book would be interesting, and honest of himself.  Duff, Slash, and even Steven did not write of thrmselves putting blame on others for their mistakes. They have all come full circle.   Only Izzy and Axl don't have autobiographys. I am sure those Indiana boys never will either.

20 minutes ago, Amaya said:

I think his book would be interesting, and honest of himself.  Duff, Slash, and even Steven did not write of thrmselves putting blame on others for their mistakes. They have all come full circle.   Only Izzy and Axl don't have autobiographys. I am sure those Indiana boys never will either.

Izzy probably not. Axl said he is interested, but doesn't want to hurt anyone. I think it's possible that maybe years from now Axl will write a proper autobiography that will see the light of day. If he does, I'm sure it will be a best seller. A great way for him to make even more money without actually releasing new music.

• Like 2

I've always thought Matt came off like... ehrm.... A bit of a dick? Nevertheless this might be an interesting read depending on what he will and won't talk about. I couldn't care less about The Cult or Matt's Childhood. Nor his solo album or his activism. But the GnR and VR bits could be good. 

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

pre illusion 91 live sorum was brutally good something happend in 92 once the drum solos came into place then he picked up again in 93 

Yes, didn't like him in 92, got better after on Skin and Bones tour , and liked him in VR.

I think Paul Tobias Huge may be in for a rough ride !

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

pre illusion 91 live sorum was brutally good something happend in 92 once the drum solos came into place then he picked up again in 93 

My favorite Sorum is VR era Sorum.  His drum sound was much more energetic and less dark compared to his time in GNR, especially when comparing songs like Brownstone 

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Anyone else think "Double Talkin' Jive" is a stupid name for a book? 

his bridge outro on DTJV  with slash is his best personal moment drumming wise especially live, he just destroys frank to pieces on that one 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not a big book reader. 

Same. Read Slash’s book but there isn’t anything really revealing in it. Mostly just repeating the stuff he said in interviews over the years. 

The only book I’d read would be Axls. Mainly because he never talks so we know so little about him and his opinions on things. 

• Like 2

I think this book will be nerfed sadly. There was an outside chance that Sorum would deliver a no-holds barred account of the GnR days - but with him engaging on social media with Duff/Slash and wishing Axl a happy birthday, it probably won't happen now. I imagine the GnR camp reached out to him and smoothed things over. I expect something along the lines of Slash's book. None of these guys will risk a tell-all about the band. Too much money and personal relationships at stake to do that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

I think this book will be nerfed sadly. There was an outside chance that Sorum would deliver a no-holds barred account of the GnR days - but with him engaging on social media with Duff/Slash and wishing Axl a happy birthday, it probably won't happen now. I imagine the GnR camp reached out to him and smoothed things over. I expect something along the lines of Slash's book. None of these guys will risk a tell-all about the band. Too much money and personal relationships at stake to do that. 

Sadly, I agree with you. You dashed my hopes, but you’re probably correct in that a tell all is just too much and TB more than likely at least tried to influence the content. 

• Like 1

On 17.12.2019 at 8:14 PM, username said:

I've always thought Matt came off like... ehrm.... A bit of a dick? Nevertheless this might be an interesting read depending on what he will and won't talk about. I couldn't care less about The Cult or Matt's Childhood. Nor his solo album or his activism. But the GnR and VR bits could be good. 

totally agree with everything. I don t like him either but could be interesting to have gnr insights from that era....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not a big book reader. 

ive read almost every gnr book out there except mick wall's if that one's worth it

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Sadly, I agree with you. You dashed my hopes, but you’re probably correct in that a tell all is just too much and TB more than likely at least tried to influence the content. 

if thats case bring on matt back into the fold. axl probably realized after locomotive with frank that he really wanted his go to man back asap!!!