Matt Sorum's Autobiography

19 minutes ago, Ant said:

I'm not saying it would have sold more tickets.

I'm saying for the band legacy, for the quality of the recordings and shows for future posterity and releases, for capitalizing on what is critically and historically acknowledged as a far superior musical outfit which has barely any material available to view from their heyday, which made that album  that you say is the only one people care about -- 2016 seems like it was the last time to do it.

It would have been worth the cost to Axl Slash and Duff to eat that higher costs for one leg of a tour. The idea that it was risky and could have fallen apart at any minute with Izzy and Steven... firstly, I don't buy it... second, WHO THE FUCK CARES -- when did Guns N' Roses become an insurance company? You think Frank and Richard would haven't been willing to sit by the phone? F that.

Instead of being GNR, Slash views it as "just a gig," and despite the fact he's carrying the thing on his shoulders every night, it shows.

Nah.  That is the fan approach. Heart and business don't interact in business world.

Axl's view of GNR being a band stopped by mid 90's.

He is calling the shots based on what LN tells him to do.

Don't forget the average $ of a ticket x 70k or so per stadium.

As I mentioned earlier, did he say 'Not in this lifetime' only few years prior to NITL tour?  Who is playing guitar and bass now?

If you use a trick once, it runs runs out. Kaboom! Goes up in the air.

Reunion tour? Sure! 2020 everyone has seen it, what now?

Ax/Slash/Duff tour 2016, runs as long as it goes, when it wears out what is next?

Exactlly!  Original line up reunion tour!  Same stadiums, same places.  People will buy that. It secures them another 4-5 years of globe trottering, filling in their accounts.

If you have 2 cards up you slleve, don't use them at once.  why earn 400-500 mil $ if you can double that?  You can bet Iz gets for the reunion tour whatever he pleases.  Don't forget that last 4 years Ax share was biggest.  If he had to share 4 years with everyone else, the stake would not have been as fat and juicy.

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

Yes! Izzy is not part of the partnership for all we know, but he does own seeral other things within Guns N Roses company as sole owner.  ie. Slash = logo/merch.  And yes he does get paid for that, therefore, his role is still big in GNR.

Not as the 3, but a lot bigger than hired hands.

Izzy is, if you will, a member of the board. The other 3 Chairman in GNR company.  Therefore, Iz rightfully thought equal share or nothing in 2016.

Izzy is cool as fuck, but I don’t believe he possessed a legitimate desire to tour for years on end. I seriously doubt the band low balled him for his participation. I’m certain he wasn’t offered his worth, per se, but we will never know because neither party is talking, which shows some mutual respect. I don’t believe Duff said fuck Izzy, either. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 6:23 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

Izzy is cool as fuck, but I don’t believe he possessed a legitimate desire to tour for years on end. I seriously doubt the band low balled him for his participation. I’m certain he wasn’t offered his worth, per se, but we will never know because neither party is talking, which shows some mutual respect. I don’t believe Duff said fuck Izzy, either. 

This. I would have loved to see the AFD5 do the reunion tour, and I believe that thousands of fans around the world would have loved that too. Sure, the majority of people don't know or wouldn't care and would still buy a ticket so they can go along, get drunk with friends, and sing along to the GnR hits that they know. Take a toilet break during Better etc... But, yes there would have been serious concerns and questions to whether both Izzy and Steven could have gone the distance, for different reasons and therefore the guys like Richard and Frank are much more reliable and don't add risk to a half a billion dollar tour arrangement. As sad as all that is.

1 hour ago, DownUnderScott said:

This. I would have loved to see the AFD5 do the reunion tour, and I believe that thousands of fans around the world would have loved that too. Sure, the majority of people don't know or wouldn't care and would still buy a ticket so they can go along, get drunk with friends, and sing along to the GnR hits that they know. Take a toilet break during Better etc... But, yes there would have been serious concerns and questions to whether both Izzy and Steven could have gone the distance, for different reasons and therefore the guys like Richard and Frank are much more reliable and don't add risk to a half a billion dollar tour arrangement. As sad as all that is.

I think an Afd5 reunion would be the last ace card in axls pocket.  But i could only see this happen if and when axl wants to retire gnr and move on. I dont think a reunion would ever happen because of axls feelings toward steven.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 3

At this stage, the concept of an AFD 5 reunion tour I could only see happening as a Vegas residency down the track. The general public appetite (pardon the pun) for an AFD reunion just isn't there, as GNR to most is the partnership of Axl and Slash.

As an aside and somewhat hilariously, I'm guessing the reason the book was delayed was because the publishers were hoping a new GNR music release would be announced that they could coincide the book launch with.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Towlie said:

At this stage, the concept of an AFD 5 reunion tour I could only see happening as a Vegas residency down the track. The general public appetite (pardon the pun) for an AFD reunion just isn't there, as GNR to most is the partnership of Axl and Slash.

As an aside and somewhat hilariously, I'm guessing the reason the book was delayed was because the publishers were hoping a new GNR music release would be announced that they could coincide the book launch with.

Well, if the publishers were hoping that then they are as my ol' granddad used to say "ate up with the dumbass."

3 hours ago, Towlie said:

If axl only tolerated steven for one or two songs depending where the band were playing during NITL, i couldnt see axl agreeing to a vegas residency for any time period. I feel axls feelings towards steven run deep despite how much money is offered.

12 minutes ago, axlvai said:

The AFD celebration was gone. And was incomplete. They have that card for later.

Now its time for the UYI. And have to be more better than AFD one. They have the options to make it.

Mode dream on.

I really hope the band go all out for the anniversary. 

4 hours ago, Towlie said:

This. And if you ask anyone (that is not die hard fan) about GnR and who are their members, I can assure you they would say Axl, Slash and some other guys. I am sure they do not know who is Steven and do not give a f**k about it. 50-60% it goes the same way for Izzy or Duff.  

I have been a fan from 1991 and I personaly would be more interested to see Matt behind the drums rather than Steven. Maybe it is because I grew up with Illusions and YCBM was the first song I heard from GnR. 

Also I really really like Matt's drumming, it was so precise and it sounded like terror of the hurricane that is nearly coming.

This become even more likely for me and his drumming with Neurotic outsiders, man, it was so raw and joyfull to listen-best part of this album is the drumming. 

Than came The Cult - Beyond good and evil. I remember when it came out, some of my friends who were musicians and drummers were blown away by his drumming, it was fericious as they said. And they knew him as a GnR drummer :)

the same goes for Contraband too. 

I listened that one album of Steven adler ,,Back from the dead" and his drumming was so boring to me, straight forward, cowbell dumbshit, sorry. Same goes for guest spot on Slash's song ,,Baby cant drive" - no life at all, no groove that carries the song 

on the other side, maybe just simply saying, Matt has a much more powerfull groove for me.

AFD5 - I do not care at all!

I saw Axl once, I just need to see or listen Slash and I would be happy :)

it is bussiness now (I have nothing against that and I support them for that because it is BUSSINESS now) and ,,once there was this rnr band rolling on the streets..." and they'll never be what they used to be. I have accepted that long time ago and moved along, life is much better :)

oh yeah, cant wait for the book even if it is not so true as we expect ;)

• Like 1

On 16. 04. 2020. at 2:39 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

I agree. I seriously don’t think anyone was truly wanting a Black Crowe’s reunion.

Black Crowes?  Hands down, one of the BEST bands ever!  They did not have one bad album.  Rich solo stuff?  One album better than the next.

If you are a blues rock/rock fan - it doesn'z get better than Crowes.  Just that Crowes reunion should have been one with Gorman and 1st line up, or the one with Marc Ford - this reunion is pulling Guns N Roses trick.

When you listen to BC, they were much more of a band than GNR.  GNR was always driven by Slasha and drums feat rest.

In Crowes, sure Robinsons were more exposed, but Chris vox was nothing more important to BC sound than Ed's or Gorman's.

Someone, I believe RS, one defined them 'nothing in the world defines rock n roll term than BC.

• Like 3

On 14. 04. 2020. at 8:06 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Can you give us a hint as to who you are referring to here? Is it perhaps a trio from Texas known for their facial hair?

More Duff roots, more punk. Hint - east coast giants.  Hair but no facial ;)  Also hall of famer ;)

Edited by shotsfired cro

On 14. 04. 2020. at 10:46 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Well there's photos of them hanging with Axl, and that time that Meegan was doing a live stream and Axl walked in to talk to Slash, so it's not true that they hardly talk. Not sure what the contract would say though.

what I was going to say, how I read what this person said, they don't talk more than they need to. there is no brotherhood/friendship. sure they chit chat, talk backstage, but they don't hang together in each others rooms, talk things in great lengths...see how surprised Meg was once Ax walked in?

On 13. 04. 2020. at 2:48 AM, LunsJail said:

Oh shit, got ya! It was so obvious I couldn’t see it. Were guys named Jerry and Sean involved in this 2006 show? Nevermind, you added and I figured it out.

hey sorry for running a bit late...no, one is chad, the other played with many bands under his nick, would have to google out his real name,  But neither of the above,

The idea that the NITL 3-union allowed them to keep AFD5 in the chamber only works if Axl's voice isn't completely shot.

Is it going to move back towards the 2016 highlights or toward the Iceland soundboard?

Even Izzy can't do shit in the House of Mouse. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

Very interesting. I agree with you all.. Duff was one of  his groomsmen.  Matt posted a vid of himself playing  Patience on guitar earlier this month , Izzys birthday lil tribute. Very good guitar playing by the drummer.  See his fb page too. It is postrd there too.https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-TaR99jbj-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1