Jump to content

Matt Sorum's Autobiography


Recommended Posts

It was reported in some magazine in the early 90s that Stephanie made a move on Slash while she was with Axl. Never knew whether that was true or not but it's certainly consistent with what Matt is telling us now.

In any case, I think it's quite incredible if Axl was completely oblivious to this side of Stephanie. And why would he hold it against Duff what Stephanie did all those years ago?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I never figured out the spoiler thing (typing this on a phone) so proceed with caution. Here goes on NITL: - Matt and Duff are playing in South America sometime in 2015 with Hollywood Vampire

One strange thing is how Sorum was such a Casanova? He claims to have been touched-up by Stephanie Seymour. He claims Liz Taylor was wanting to shag him. He claims Naomi Campbell molested him. He appa

Let us stop being fanboys and think about a few facts on the NITL tour. Steven made a few appearances but these were not promoted or advertised beforehand. It sounds like he could have had more i

Posted Images

3 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I'm not interested in getting into an argument with some white knight that thinks these guys are something they're not.

 

I suppose all their arrests which are a matter of public record are "fake" and that they were just "misunderstood?"

 

Grow up.

Have you met them on holiday and they hogged all the sunbeds? I heard they're worse than German tourists for that. 

Of course they were scallywags in their day but they've matured now. I think they took your advice and grew up

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyone think this is why GNR had been very quite on social media lately? Duff and Slash remain very active, but the GNR twitter has pretty much gone radio silent

i’ve got a feeling Fernando was tasked with ‘dealing with this’ from Axl, and because hes had to deal with this the last couple of weeks, he hasn’t been able to post anything... i mean truly look at the social media feeds since they released that video:

- the classic ‘fans’ post on instagram. Pictures of fans. Pictures we’ve seen before, no less. Kat may have the instagram password as well and may be told or given a time frame to post things. 

-a post everyone in the media/music world pretty much forced themselves to post on #blackouttuesday. And I hate to be brutally honest here, but we know this post wouldn’t have happened if there wasn’t a fucking uprising right outside our doors... and honestly, they haven’t spoken on it before or since, so what the fuck do they care anyway? 

the silence is deafening. Why try to go after this book if the things in it don’t hold some sort of weight?

day by day this band loses the credibility it so dearly trys to save. Even if the things in this book aren’t true, I’m starting to get further and further away from the GNR fandom. Its starting to become truly pointless to invest the time in this band.

this book confirms more things then before it came out, even if the things in it aren’t true.

Edited by KeyserSoze
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Anyone think this is why GNR had been very quite on social media lately? Duff and Slash remain very active, but the GNR twitter has pretty much gone radio silent

i’ve got a feeling Fernando was tasked with ‘dealing with this’ from Axl, and because hes had to deal with this the last couple of weeks, he hasn’t been able to post anything... i mean truly look at the social media feeds since they released that video:

- the classic ‘fans’ post on instagram. Pictures of fans. Pictures we’ve seen before, no less. Kat may have the instagram password as well and may be told or given a time frame to post things. 

-a post everyone in the media/music world pretty much forced themselves to post on #blackouttuesday. And I hate to be brutally honest here, but we know this post wouldn’t have happened if there wasn’t a fucking uprising right outside our doors... and honestly, they haven’t spoken on it before or since, so what the fuck do they care anyway? 

the silence is deafening. Why try to go after this book if the things in it don’t hold some sort of weight?

day by day this band loses the credibility it so dearly trys to save. Even if the things in this book aren’t true, I’m starting to get further and further away from the GNR fandom. Its starting to become truly pointless to invest the time in this band.

this book confirms more things then before it came out, even if the things in it aren’t true.

I don't know. I would assume they've read the book when it leaked, months ago, before Fernando's chats and the gnr selects.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Anyone think this is why GNR had been very quite on social media lately? Duff and Slash remain very active, but the GNR twitter has pretty much gone radio silent

i’ve got a feeling Fernando was tasked with ‘dealing with this’ from Axl, and because hes had to deal with this the last couple of weeks, he hasn’t been able to post anything... i mean truly look at the social media feeds since they released that video:

- the classic ‘fans’ post on instagram. Pictures of fans. Pictures we’ve seen before, no less. Kat may have the instagram password as well and may be told or given a time frame to post things. 

-a post everyone in the media/music world pretty much forced themselves to post on #blackouttuesday. And I hate to be brutally honest here, but we know this post wouldn’t have happened if there wasn’t a fucking uprising right outside our doors... and honestly, they haven’t spoken on it before or since, so what the fuck do they care anyway? 

the silence is deafening. Why try to go after this book if the things in it don’t hold some sort of weight?

day by day this band loses the credibility it so dearly trys to save. Even if the things in this book aren’t true, I’m starting to get further and further away from the GNR fandom. Its starting to become truly pointless to invest the time in this band.

this book confirms more things then before it came out, even if the things in it aren’t true.

And the fact that we have not heard about any European tour dates being re-scheduled yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lio said:

I don't know. I would assume they've read the book when it leaked, months ago, before Fernando's chats and the gnr selects.

Maybe they scoffed at it then, but only got around to reading it recently.

in fact, it is only in the last couple of days that we found out the publisher pulled the plug... that wouldn’t have happened if a complaint or defamation problem would have arisen months ago.. 

2 minutes ago, timkerr37 said:

And the fact that we have not heard about any European tour dates being re-scheduled yet.

eh, the music world in that regard is crazy right now so I personally can’t place all of the blame on them for that..

being virtually silent on social media for TWO weeks, except when your peers or social pressure force you to post something is different and Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. You know how many things they could be doing?? How many things they TRIED to do? Being silent on social media or anywhere for that matter shouldn’t be one of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There is a similar story in Sebastian Bach's book. Sebastian was looking for weed, but the dealer said he only had a ball of opium, so he bought that but didn't know what to do with it. Until that point Bas begged Axl to let him on the GnR plane and Axl said no, but as soon as he told him about the opium, Axl said "Get on the fuckin' plane."

Axl himself mentioned it on stage: "I’ve been trying to be like the pretty good (?), but then I find myself on an airplane smoking opium with Sebastian". [Richfield, OH, June 6, 1991]

Wasnt axl supposedly doing coke in 06 when he started to visit clubs and have a small entourage around him, and being mr social?.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sydney Fan said:

Wasnt axl supposedly doing coke in 06 when he started to visit clubs and have a small entourage around him, and being mr social?.

As far as I know, this is just fan speculation, never verified.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Have you read the excerpt from Matt's book?

I know it's not new and I already knew GnR did it, but Matt's particular "system" and the way he brags about it are disgusting - and kind of hilarious at the same time, only because Matt comes across as a big douche.

Slash never said anything along these lines, as far as I know. He said that Beggars... was Eric Dover's tryout song and he wrote the lyrics, and that Slash and Dover co-wrote most of the lyrics on Snakepit. Later Slash would say that a lot of the Snakepit lyrics were his and Dover was used as a "filter". 

I guess blackstar sorum doesnt understand the saying what goes on tour stays on tour.

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think you're reading too much into it.

Guns N' Roses not updating their social/official media often is nothing new, it's been kind of the "norm" for a very long time, and long before TB took over.

I've been looking in the archived pages of the old site, gnronline.com, and it was very rarely updated until 2008, when CD was released and Universal kind of took it over.

This ^

a bit far fetched that one has something to do with the other. sorum's book doesn't have that much impact, i guess. When it comes to the well oiled GnR business machine, not even the "juiciest book" (Matt's words🙄) will have the power to stop it.

So, no power to Matt's revenge , and that's what i think it is/should have been.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think you're reading too much into it.

Guns N' Roses not updating their social/official media often is nothing new, it's been kind of the "norm" for a very long time, and long before TB took over.

I've been looking in the archived pages of the old site, gnronline.com, and it was very rarely updated until 2008, when CD was released and Universal kind of took it over.

I don’t want to make it a full on social media discussion, even though I sort of painted it that way. I know that may have been the norm before, but social media and the way its been engrained into our lives has totally changed compared to pre-2008, as shown with the #blackouttuesday post. I dont think twitter got big until 2009-2010. Instagram 2012. Facebook was big in 2008, but Bands weren’t using it as a promotion tool the way we know now until 2010 at the earliest. It was sort of like a myspace/wikipedia mashup before people realized “oh, i can actually promote my shit on here”. Fernando took the helm in 2010, and before that you had a man of a different generation who probably had no idea about ‘social media’ at the time. Look at any other band of GNR’s caliber and then look at their socials. The difference is astounding.

but maybe your right, and if theres nothing there to promote or talk about, theres nothing there:shrugs:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EricA said:

This ^

a bit far fetched that one has something to do with the other. sorum's book doesn't have that much impact, i guess. When it comes to the well oiled GnR business machine, not even the "juiciest book" (Matt's words🙄) will have the power to stop it.

So, no power to Matt's revenge , and that's what i think it is/should have been.

My point wasn’t “matt has now blocked GNR from talking completely.” Just that Fernando may have had to deal with putting a stop to this book the last couple of weeks, so thats why theres been radio silence on the bands part 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

My point wasn’t “matt has now blocked GNR from talking completely.” Just that Fernando may have had to deal with putting a stop to this book the last couple of weeks, so thats why theres been radio silence on the bands part 

From Matt Wake's tweet about the cancellation of the book, it seems that journalists got an advance copy of the book long ago, i.e. before April and before the release was postponed to July. So the band must have also been made aware of the content long ago through the journalists who had advance copies.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

It was reported in some magazine in the early 90s that Stephanie made a move on Slash while she was with Axl. Never knew whether that was true or not but it's certainly consistent with what Matt is telling us now.

 

You sure about that?  I read every scrap of GNR news I could find voraciously in the 90s (still do) and I never heard anything like that.

There were some very obvious and fake fan speculation threads that the reason the band broke up was cause Axl found out about Slash and Stephanie...maybe you're thinking of that?



(I would know cause I'm the one that made it up and posted it here years ago for a laugh.....it was promptly deleted.)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

You sure about that?  I read every scrap of GNR news I could find voraciously in the 90s (still do) and I never heard anything like that.

There were some very obvious and fake fan speculation threads that the reason the band broke up was cause Axl found out about Slash and Stephanie...maybe you're thinking of that?



(I would know cause I'm the one that made it up and posted it here years ago for a laugh.....it was promptly deleted.)

Yes, I'm sure. It was reported in some music or gossip magazine in the early 90s. I don't think they cited any source so that's why I was skeptical.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What seems certain is that Slash (as well as most people in the camp) didn't like Stephanie at all.

Slash, busy promoting his sideline band Snakepit, confirmed that Guns’ inactivity is a result of Rose and his legal wrangles with his former model girlfriend, Stephanie Seymour. “I knew she was bad news to start with,” Slash said. [The Sydney Morning Herald, Feb. 12, 1995]

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any evidence this was blocked and not just pulled, because someone suggested the girl system ect. might get him in trouble?

...Or maybe the publishers felt that it's structured more like a lengthy blog than a book despite it's promotion?

Also I doubt the Matt/Stephanie thing happened, just like Matt's account of the Duff meeting (where Duff buries Frank and Izzy) happened. Seems to me designed to cause tension in the band. His ego shines through alot and it's ultra bitter by the end. 

Matt's always being done hard, be it... Axl, Slash, Duff, Scott (doesn't even mention Scott passing). 

You'd think by the end that Matt wrote the uyi tracks (that he didn't get and thought were too long), was responsible for Snakepit and VR.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

not good for the idear of a new album !!!!

It was always for a big payday and he'll be content doing his records with the Kevin Bacon lad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As far as I know, this is just fan speculation, never verified.

Please....

look at the guy. He looks like a strung out coke head. 

Why has there always been this belief that Axl never did drugs? 

If any of you have ever tried drugs or been around anyone who has used or abused them, take one look at Axl and there’s no doubt. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...