Matt Sorum's Autobiography

On 6/6/2020 at 3:44 PM, Drexl said:

It must suck donkey ass being Matt. Basically, nobody likes him, unless he's got some good dope. What a loser.

P.S. Axl, you really wanted to marry that whore? Damn...

My question is WHY did he want to marry her so badly?

43 minutes ago, MurielWeathers said:

I want to hear more details about the end of the relationship. I could practically quote what I know by heart 😂. I don't understand why he was so much more broken hearted over her than his Ex wife, who he dated for four years before they got married. It couldn't have just been able the kid.

Wasn't he though? One of the songs in CD talked about no one telling him the truth.

I'm glad he called out Fernando....that guy won the lottery 

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

Kudos to Matt for that because I have no doubt that Axl will read his book.

Matt could have singlehandedly brought down the reunion...

Why could that (Matt writing about Slash's visit to Axl's house in 2005) have brought down the reunion?

42 minutes ago, MurielWeathers said:

My question is WHY did he want to marry her so badly?

Most of what has been said about this (apart from unnamed "friends" and "sources") is by Beta, so make what you will:

Beta: They broke up because she cheated on Axl with many people and he finally found out. He was crazy about her. [...]  Stephanie, being beautiful and sexy, can have any man she wants. Men are like toys to her. Have you seen a child with a new toy? She plays with them and then she doesn't want to play anymore, she gets tired and decides to change. I always told her that she would affect Axl more than she ever imagined. The other guys she left may not have gone through the pain that Axl went through in his life, you know? So that's why he suffers so much. He wanted to do things right, and he thought he was doing everything right. He took it very seriously. She practically killed him. When the band was over, he thought he would have his family, he would get married and have children... He thought of that as the second part of his life. He had already worked hard to earn enough money, and now he could dedicate himself to a family. His dream is to have a family, children, the things he never had. [Bolsa de Mulher, Jan. 2001]

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Why could that (Matt writing about Slash's visit to Axl's house in 2005) have brought down the reunion?

Oh I meant Matt writing specifics about Slash talking shit about Axl in general and bringing undone their renewed friendship.

at this point I wish it was still the 02 lineup. Would have been more interesting 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Doug Goldstein also had his "moment" with Stephanie. :lol:

DOUG GOLDSTEIN: Their relationship was tumultuous. Axl loved that girl to death. I'd say Stephanie was the unstable one in that relationship. The first time I met her, she opened the door naked. She goes, "No, you can come in." Sorry, gotta go.

"Stephanie was the unstable one in that relationship"? Just let that one sink in.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rayno said:

Did he say that? Wow. I always thought Gilby is one of Slash's and especially Duff's best friends.

No they're not that close. Actually I think Matt and Gilby have gotten closer since the reunion.

About Axl and SS I can kind of relate to how he felt because I was involved with someone like that once. Toyed around with men etc.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Most of what has been said about this (apart from unnamed "friends" and "sources") is by Beta, so make what you will:

Beta: They broke up because she cheated on Axl with many people and he finally found out. He was crazy about her. [...]  Stephanie, being beautiful and sexy, can have any man she wants. Men are like toys to her. Have you seen a child with a new toy? She plays with them and then she doesn't want to play anymore, she gets tired and decides to change. I always told her that she would affect Axl more than she ever imagined. The other guys she left may not have gone through the pain that Axl went through in his life, you know? So that's why he suffers so much. He wanted to do things right, and he thought he was doing everything right. He took it very seriously. She practically killed him. When the band was over, he thought he would have his family, he would get married and have children... He thought of that as the second part of his life. He had already worked hard to earn enough money, and now he could dedicate himself to a family. His dream is to have a family, children, the things he never had. [Bolsa de Mulher, Jan. 2001]

Im surprised axl never saw this with how SS was with other men, or people who knew never took axl aside and told him. Then again im sure axl took advantage of many girls that frequented gardner st during AFD times. So some times karma comes back.

41 minutes ago, sackxl said:

I thought Adler said Slashs dick was like an anaconda and only Steven Tylers was bigger and he got both hands around it 

Where is Axl8302 he is hilarious!  I find the folk who become offended at the sexual aspect of GnR really funny, I for one do find it interesting they are/were gorgeous guys...sex,drugs and rock & roll...

12 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im surprised axl never saw this with how SS was with other men, or people who knew never took axl aside and told him. Then again im sure axl took advantage of many girls that frequented gardner st during AFD times. So some times karma comes back.

Axl has spoke on a few occasions on how he likes to watch his partner have sex with other people so he can watch her orgasm...so maybe he did know.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Beta: They broke up because she cheated on Axl with many people and he finally found out. He was crazy about her. [...]  Stephanie, being beautiful and sexy, can have any man she wants. Men are like toys to her. Have you seen a child with a new toy? She plays with them and then she doesn't want to play anymore, she gets tired and decides to change. I always told her that she would affect Axl more than she ever imagined. The other guys she left may not have gone through the pain that Axl went through in his life, you know? So that's why he suffers so much. He wanted to do things right, and he thought he was doing everything right. He took it very seriously. She practically killed him. When the band was over, he thought he would have his family, he would get married and have children... He thought of that as the second part of his life. He had already worked hard to earn enough money, and now he could dedicate himself to a family. His dream is to have a family, children, the things he never had. [Bolsa de Mulher, Jan. 2001

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

To clarify: the part that Slash is not someone Gilby would expect loyalty from is my interpretation, not a paraphrase of what Gilby said. He did say that his relationship with Slash never felt like a brotherhood to him.

I don't think Gilby was ever too close friends with Duff, and at the time when Gilby was fired/quit they didn't have a relationship, because Duff was more on Axl's side about the Snakepit songs and it seems Gilby had words with him there. At one point their wives became friends, so they kind of reconnected.

Ok, fair enough. I remember many years ago Grace McKagan took over her father's blog in Seattle Weekly and sort of made a list of father's top 10 best friends. Andy Frontier was there, Jeff Rouse was No. 1 and Gilby was there too. As the only member of GNR. Doesn't mean much, though.

My big takeaways from the book were  

1) didnt expect Axl to come off as good overall. 

2) Didnt expect any of the SLASH stuff, Matt really hammered home on him. I guess that quiet 'its cool man' persona has really suited him. I guess i just assumed with the VR stuff that Matt Slash & Duff were really tight, but it was really only Matt & Duff it seemed. Not a good look for our man Slash & the HOF stuff with matt was bullshit if true, he's just as much Gnr & Steven if not more. 

3) The Duff stuff really disappoints me, not standing up to have Matt the main drummer on NITL. Thats meant to be his guy, his brother, he was his groomsman & as Matt points out he has now lost them to the GnR machine & feels he cannot call on them, which is sad....Matt SHOULD be on the machine. He was my own personal favourite drummer of the band & i really wished he was on the NITL tour full time. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Jaygnr said:

3) The Duff stuff really disappoints me, not standing up to have Matt the main drummer on NITL. Thats meant to be his guy, his brother, he was his groomsman & as Matt points out he has now lost them to the GnR machine & feels he cannot call on them, which is sad....Matt SHOULD be on the machine. He was my own personal favourite drummer of the band & i really wished he was on the NITL tour full time. 

And you really expect Axl would have rolled over on that one?? Push him too hard and you have nothing.

• Like 1

Funny thing is, absolutely nobody comes off looking good here. 

Matt is an entitled little prick who wants to be validated all the time. 

Slash is a cunt who just goes where the money is. 

Duff is a backstabbing asshole in it for the money too. 

Axl is mad, which we already knew anyway. 

Lost to the GnR machine....that's an interesting take as well. The big bad GnR machine that just needs to roll on to make money and sell yoyo's.   

This further validates the whole GnR reunion as one big soulless cashgrab. It was already pretty damn easy to dislike them at this point. And still it got a lot easier after this. 

• Like 1

Just now, username said:

Have you read the bit where he is moaning about when ''the three'' (this was after Izzy left) began going to centre stage after the end of a concert to take a bow, which Duff justified with, ''well we started the band''?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MurielWeathers said:

Well that part is documented several times over. So it's not an assumption. We do our homework and we know our shit. Wtf is wrong with that?

Yeah, maybe read the entire post exchange and you understand what I was referring to.

1 hour ago, username said:

Funny thing is, absolutely nobody comes off looking good here. 

Slash is a cunt who just goes where the money is. 

Duff is a backstabbing asshole in it for the money too. 

Axl is mad, which we already knew anyway. 

Lost to the GnR machine....that's an interesting take as well. The big bad GnR machine that just needs to roll on to make money and sell yoyo's.   

This further validates the whole GnR reunion as one big soulless cashgrab. It was already pretty damn easy to dislike them at this point. And still it got a lot easier after this. 

Yeah..the whole thing feels cold and calculated, heart- and soulless.