Matt Sorum's Autobiography

4 hours ago, dragan1978 said:

I do not know why people bash Matt so much...

he is great drummer at first, I really do like his work with Neurotic outsiders, The Cult ,,Beyond good and evil" and of course Velvet's ,,Contraband", It has that power and precise drumming

i know i was blown away when I heard Contraband and wished it was Axl on vocals, it would be my AFD II on steroids 😎😎😎

as far as his book and all about him, he never hide he was honoured to play with Guns and it gave him recognition fame cocaine atrocity and financial security

so i am looking forward to his book as he was a little bit less train-wreck than Slash and Duff so I am sure he has great stories than are unheard :)

but first I have to read Duff's Its so easy book in next two months :)

He's a good drummer but he comes across as someone who gets on people's nerves very easily. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Exactly, so one would think he and Axl would get along swimmingly.

Yet they didn't and Matt during the documentary on the formation of VR get yelled at by duff because basically Matt is being overly negative. 

Edited by IrishgunnerII
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Yet they didn't and Matt during the documentary on the formation of VR get yelled at by duff because basically Matt is being overly negative. 

Oh yeah, I remember that :)

and he was the only one who confronted Axl during UYI tour (think it was Germany) because he left the stage so later he got sh*t from Axl :)

even Slash and Duff said for Axl in some interview '88 he is pain in the ass 😂😊😊😊

not to go any further, I get your point, thanks :)

but I am really looking forward to his book, I think it will be interesting read for sure

14 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

He's a good drummer but he comes across as someone who gets on people's nerves very easily. 

I hung out with him at NAMM for a little bit and I thought he was really fun to be around. Really outgoing and full of fun stories and jokes. Now Steven does start to become irritating after a while, even though he's the sweetest guy.

14 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

I mean as a musician myself I can understand Matt's reaction, because he was getting frustrated that they were wasting time on guys who very obviously weren't what they were looking for.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

He was right about that singer and they ended up with Scott. Matt should be a Judge on American Idol 

22 hours ago, dragan1978 said:

I do not know why people bash Matt so much...

he is great drummer at first, I really do like his work with Neurotic outsiders, The Cult ,,Beyond good and evil" and of course Velvet's ,,Contraband", It has that power and precise drumming

i know i was blown away when I heard Contraband and wished it was Axl on vocals, it would be my AFD II on steroids 😎😎😎

as far as his book and all about him, he never hide he was honoured to play with Guns and it gave him recognition fame cocaine atrocity and financial security

so i am looking forward to his book as he was a little bit less train-wreck than Slash and Duff so I am sure he has great stories than are unheard :)

but first I have to read Duff's Its so easy book in next two months :)

Matt is awesome as was Scott who was a much better fit for Contraband than Axl

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The only chance we have to get the real dirt on GnR is if we have a book that gets no holds-barred interviews from the following key players:

Del James, Chris Pitman, Dizzy Reed, Tom Zutaut (w/ input from Jimmy Iovine),  Buckethead, Paul Tobias, Doug Goldstein, and Tommy Stinson.

They'd all have to be on bad terms with the GnR camp (4 out of 8 so far). With their side of the story, you can weave together something of a cohesive narrative from '93 to 2015. 

• Like 1

No. A Del and Dizzy book would  gas  up their master who feeds them, Axl. Can they brown nose anymore than they do?  Tobias is beholden to Axl for taking him out of Lafayette, Indiana at least. Most on your list are Axls people.

Edited by Amaya

Speaking of books and the band, only these Indiana boys have not written their stories and I bet you wont see a book either in this lifetime about them by them.  Axl , I think does not want to relieve things like the court cases eith Erin and Stephanie. It seems Izzy is just retired and private. People have posted on the Izzy thread here, they believe the guy just does not want to see in writing or think about his sad, desperate,  and shady times 35 years ago.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:19 AM, IrishgunnerII said:

Matt has a reputation for being bossy in a wrong place. Like (I need a fact check on this one) when Slash hired Eric Dover for snakepit, Matt got pissed that Slash didn't seek his approval over Eric Dover.

On 2/18/2020 at 9:05 PM, RONIN said:

The only chance we have to get the real dirt on GnR is if we have a book that gets no holds-barred interviews from the following key players:

Del James, Chris Pitman, Dizzy Reed, Tom Zutaut (w/ input from Jimmy Iovine),  Buckethead, Paul Tobias, Doug Goldstein, and Tommy Stinson.

They'd all have to be on bad terms with the GnR camp (4 out of 8 so far). With their side of the story, you can weave together something of a cohesive narrative from '93 to 2015. 

A Bumblefoot book is probably the best shot you've got. He's definitely been the most open and unguarded in interviews. 

Obviously it would cover less of those years though. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Matt has a reputation for being bossy in a wrong place. Like (I need a fact check on this one) when Slash hired Eric Dover for snakepit, Matt got pissed that Slash didn't seek his approval over Eric Dover.

I can't fact-check you, but this does totally sound like Sorum.

• 2 weeks later...

back in the day, Matt occasionally rubbed me in kind of the wrong way in some interviews as I thought he came across as a little arrogant.  not in all interviews, just a few. 

turns out a few of my friends met him in Vegas and said he was super cool (and tall by rockstar standards).  really friendly and spent time talking to them for while.

I ended up meeting Matt's sister in law through my job. (or whatever she was- her sister was married to Matt's brother for a little while).  she said Matt was super cool- always got her and her friends backstage passes when his band was in their town.  I remember she said Slash had this presence about him like she never saw before- and she met a ton if rock stars through Matt.   She went on vacation with him and their families and said he was extremely gracious and cool.  also said he had more hair product than the rest if the girls on the trip put together.  lol. 

I'll definitely buy the book.  no idea how it will go as I think he will take the high road and not talk too much shit on Axl.  but then again he was excluded from the reunion, so who knows.  at the end of the day hes got to sell some books, so I'm sure there will be a few stories we haven't heard before. 

Edited by Chester 524
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

turns out a few of my friends met him in Vegas and said he was super cool (and tall by rockstar standards).  really friendly and spent time talking to them for while.

I met him in January at NAMM and that was my experience too. Really cool guy who was interested in hearing about my music. He's been one of my biggest heroes since I was in high school so I was a bit nervous about meeting him but after talking to him I was super impressed.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Idk how to say it, but i think the delayed book have to do with a big thing going on. 

I think he and the publisher are trying to ride on the hype of a GNR release, but jokes on them right there...

Edited by sofine11