Matt Sorum's Autobiography

15 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Matt is desperate. I’m surprised the band would support this release in anyway. 

Desperate is an understatement.

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’m so glad the original version leaked, it’s going to be fun comparing the two and seeing all of the back peddling he does. 

It will be glorious!! Lol

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Is it safe to assume that all the controversial stuff about Duff will be edited out in the "improved" version of the book? :lol:

duff_m10.jpg

And he'll have kinder things to say about Slash? 

slash_10.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Lol, yeah desperate is an understatement. Jeez, let it go Matt. You were in GNR. Nobody can take that from him. 

So many posts to quote. I like this of yours best which describes him best . MattS should be grateful from that point with GnR. There would have been a great starting point for his GnR chapters . He was there at really the best time. They headlined. They passed the first album blues.  They were at their peak. He was part of UYIs. Major movie, Terminator , with theme song and video. Industry respect there. Musically, AFD and UYIs sound like two different bands ,but in a great way. They grew in songwriting,  skill, musicianship, age , etc.  UYIs was  not AFD , part two

In reference to your first post on this page, Heidi’s girls were all consenting adults of sound mind. Her business was legit. Hey, I am not the moral police, but there is a difference between consenting, adults rights to do as they want to themselves vs. the other thing. Ehhhhh, I cannot even post that . 
Sex , drugs, rock n’ roll . Shyt happens. I have not read his book, but those here who have, that was too much info. TMI. It is good he is doing a rewrite. He really can take  the bad luck of having his book delayed for a year and change it into good luck by doing a rewrite. He sort of got to do a book  review test.  How his book was out  on schedule for sales then pulled back when the virus happened defeats  releasing the same book later . People already bought it and I don't mean the six people here. Just think hundreds ,, maybe thousands were bought . Passed around. At second hand book stores. Garage sales. It is an old book now or previously released book. It is smart and best to do a rewrite.
I.think he should tone down his rock star sexual  events. Write it all,  but less of it all. His life is good , lucky , and  interesting with good stories  without throwing others under. Add more of the very funny stories of things that happened and dangerous things. Be remorseful and own up his missteps. Add how he felt , taking the reader there after finding out , Matt, you are The Cult’s drummer. He met GnR along the way. Oh, GnR wants you as their drummer. UYI  recording, tour  starts ... sign your contracts. Take the reader there.Lots of great drummers out there, but if you cannot earn a living at it, it is a hobby. Only the great drummers are known who  had luck of the draw,  right time,  connection, and place made it.  His sobriety. Hitting that rock bottom. His  life all up after with his dreamgirl, Ace, etc.

Now, Slash and Duff are not saints. He needs to put in how, when, what happened about him wanting to get in on NITL tour.  HVampires stuff. That is not throwing others under.

Duff and Slash wrote about others too. Drugs, music, etc. Ya’ think Izzy really wanted that story that Slash wrote of them and some girl, poor creature. 
Fernando. Maybe he read it and maybe not. MSorum has every right to write a book and telling his GnR side of things . Then, vome on, you know you want to know all about him wanting to be on NITL.

I hope his revised book is way different, better, rewritten.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EricA said:

Now that the book is rescheduled, he tries to compete with ashba water, well at least it is alcohol:lol::facepalm:

I don't see anything funny.  I don't get y’all  jokes and smirks  here .Business venture. He is just trying to earn up some money .Def Leppard had an ale sold at their shows. I am not sure if it is on the market or was even temporarily. 19 Crimes is the name of a California red wine. Ever heard of 19 Crimes wine? Google it. I took a picture of this wine from the display at my grocery store and sent to some wine drinkers I know and they said, uhhh, no thanks, lol. They are not buying it. The name and the packaging is a turn off and iit might be a really good tasting CA red. 
Sammy Hagar  and his tequila and George Clooney‘s - Randy Gerber's tequila are  some of the biggest sellers out there of entertainer alcohol drinks. Coppola , Francis has a wine. MattS is just joining the club. Personally, I think his beer packaging needs reworking. To me, better to sell it without his noterity or anyones is better in some cases. 19 Crimes wine...the rap sheet label like someone has who has been to jail a few times.  Snoop ‘s pic. No. I like Snoop( real name Calvin Brotus). Don’t  get me wrong. I like Snoop  and the Dogpound songs.  The packaging  and name is a bit much. Then you have other criminals on bottles  too . 19 Crimes wine is a collection.
https://www.19crimes.com/wine/cali-red?mid=&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=2020_b__19 crimes_brand_calired&utm_term=19 crimes wine&utm_content=general_exact&gclid=CIuM4q_hhesCFUuAxQIdu0YBJg&gclsrc=ds

Def Leppard’s beer

https://www.defleppard.com/introducing-def-leppard-pale-beer/

Edited by Amaya

6 hours ago, Amaya said:

So many posts to quote. I like this of yours best which describes him best . MattS should be grateful from that point with GnR. There would have been a great starting point for his GnR chapters . He was there at really the best time. They headlined. They passed the first album blues.  They were at their peak. He was part of UYIs. Major movie, Terminator , with theme song and video. Industry respect there. Musically, AFD and UYIs sound like two different bands ,but in a great way. They grew in songwriting,  skill, musicianship, age , etc.  UYIs was  not AFD , part two

In reference to your first post on this page, Heidi’s girls were all consenting adults of sound mind. Her business was legit. Hey, I am not the moral police, but there is a difference between consenting, adults rights to do as they want to themselves vs. the other thing. Ehhhhh, I cannot even post that . 
Sex , drugs, rock n’ roll . Shyt happens. I have not read his book, but those here who have, that was too much info. TMI. It is good he is doing a rewrite. He really can take  the bad luck of having his book delayed for a year and change it into good luck by doing a rewrite. He sort of got to do a book  review test.  How his book was out  on schedule for sales then pulled back when the virus happened defeats  releasing the same book later . People already bought it and I don't mean the six people here. Just think hundreds ,, maybe thousands were bought . Passed around. At second hand book stores. Garage sales. It is an old book now or previously released book. It is smart and best to do a rewrite.
I.think he should tone down his rock star sexual  events. Write it all,  but less of it all. His life is good , lucky , and  interesting with good stories  without throwing others under. Add more of the very funny stories of things that happened and dangerous things. Be remorseful and own up his missteps. Add how he felt , taking the reader there after finding out , Matt, you are The Cult’s drummer. He met GnR along the way. Oh, GnR wants you as their drummer. UYI  recording, tour  starts ... sign your contracts. Take the reader there.Lots of great drummers out there, but if you cannot earn a living at it, it is a hobby. Only the great drummers are known who  had luck of the draw,  right time,  connection, and place made it.  His sobriety. Hitting that rock bottom. His  life all up after with his dreamgirl, Ace, etc.

Now, Slash and Duff are not saints. He needs to put in how, when, what happened about him wanting to get in on NITL tour.  HVampires stuff. That is not throwing others under.

Duff and Slash wrote about others too. Drugs, music, etc. Ya’ think Izzy really wanted that story that Slash wrote of them and some girl, poor creature. 
Fernando. Maybe he read it and maybe not. MSorum has every right to write a book and telling his GnR side of things . Then, vome on, you know you want to know all about him wanting to be on NITL.

Quite a long post of opinions about a book if you haven't read it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Amaya said:

Did you suck Matt's dick?

On 7/26/2020 at 7:14 AM, loke212 said:

I was also surprised to hear that the Snakepit album was a product of bitchiness and in-fighting as well.

The thing about Slash and Duff being too stupid to get women and how he had to teach them how to be rockstars was absolutely obnoxious.

And that's just one of many examples in the book. I'm not talking about stuff like Slash screwing him over again and again, but about the small, pity little digs at them throughout the book.

Like how he talks about Slash and Duff not showering after shows or not changing their clothes for long stretches of time.

Or how their diet was crap and consisted of junk food. Or how Slash had/has a weak stomach and would throw up after shows from the adrenaline or nerves or whatever.

While Matt of course knew the importance of healthy eating and of taking showers and was never a puking wreck like Slash after a show (someone like Matt has more important things to do after all, like selecting the best groupies before Sebastian Bach gets to them :facepalm:).

He's just so... self-aggrandizing, even about pointless little shit.

Smelly nervous young Slash — that’s our guy! ❤️

Kick rocks, Sorum. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Did you suck Matt's dick?

Let's be nice to the ladies. If you wanna see some hard core dick sucking, pop into HTGTH. Mind you, there are no girls involved in it over there. ;)

Edited by jamillos

29 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

VR had a set of groupies I would see at every show in NJ, Atlantic City, Philly and NYC. And there was always one chick amongst the group who would attend at each of those shows. But, it seemed like she had to fight to get back stage.  

Was Matt's gf among them?