Matt Sorum's Autobiography

I always liked Matt but after reading this book I really think he is a fucking douchebag. I am also glad that they cancelled my preorder for the book. I will not be buying the new version if it ever does come out. He really does think he is way more important than he actually is, and I'm not just talking GN'R

• Like 3

On 8/5/2020 at 9:08 PM, Amaya said:

So many posts to quote. I like this of yours best which describes him best . MattS should be grateful from that point with GnR. There would have been a great starting point for his GnR chapters . He was there at really the best time. They headlined. They passed the first album blues.  They were at their peak. He was part of UYIs. Major movie, Terminator , with theme song and video. Industry respect there. Musically, AFD and UYIs sound like two different bands ,but in a great way. They grew in songwriting,  skill, musicianship, age , etc.  UYIs was  not AFD , part two

In reference to your first post on this page, Heidi’s girls were all consenting adults of sound mind. Her business was legit. Hey, I am not the moral police, but there is a difference between consenting, adults rights to do as they want to themselves vs. the other thing. Ehhhhh, I cannot even post that . 
Sex , drugs, rock n’ roll . Shyt happens. I have not read his book, but those here who have, that was too much info. TMI. It is good he is doing a rewrite. He really can take  the bad luck of having his book delayed for a year and change it into good luck by doing a rewrite. He sort of got to do a book  review test.  How his book was out  on schedule for sales then pulled back when the virus happened defeats  releasing the same book later . People already bought it and I don't mean the six people here. Just think hundreds ,, maybe thousands were bought . Passed around. At second hand book stores. Garage sales. It is an old book now or previously released book. It is smart and best to do a rewrite.
I.think he should tone down his rock star sexual  events. Write it all,  but less of it all. His life is good , lucky , and  interesting with good stories  without throwing others under. Add more of the very funny stories of things that happened and dangerous things. Be remorseful and own up his missteps. Add how he felt , taking the reader there after finding out , Matt, you are The Cult’s drummer. He met GnR along the way. Oh, GnR wants you as their drummer. UYI  recording, tour  starts ... sign your contracts. Take the reader there.Lots of great drummers out there, but if you cannot earn a living at it, it is a hobby. Only the great drummers are known who  had luck of the draw,  right time,  connection, and place made it.  His sobriety. Hitting that rock bottom. His  life all up after with his dreamgirl, Ace, etc.

Now, Slash and Duff are not saints. He needs to put in how, when, what happened about him wanting to get in on NITL tour.  HVampires stuff. That is not throwing others under.

Duff and Slash wrote about others too. Drugs, music, etc. Ya’ think Izzy really wanted that story that Slash wrote of them and some girl, poor creature. 
Fernando. Maybe he read it and maybe not. MSorum has every right to write a book and telling his GnR side of things . Then, vome on, you know you want to know all about him wanting to be on NITL.

I hope his revised book is way different, better, rewritten.

Take the odd breath while posting...

You have zero opinion minus having read the fucking thing.

You are of course entitled to an opinion, but not your own facts. Having not read the book. Your just rambling. and contradicting yourself. 

Sex , drugs, rock n’ roll . Shyt happens. I have not read his book, but those here who have, that was too much info. TMI. It is good he is doing a rewrite. He really can take  the bad luck of having his book delayed for a year and change it into good luck by doing a rewrite. He sort of got to do a book  review test.  How his book was out  on schedule for sales then pulled back when the virus happened defeats  releasing the same book later . People already bought it and I don't mean the six people here. Just think hundreds ,, maybe thousands were bought . Passed around. At second hand book stores. Garage sales. It is an old book now or previously released book. It is smart and best to do a rewrite.
I.think he should tone down his rock star sexual  events. Write it all,  but less of it all”

What in the name of Zeus are you on about? :facepalm:

My GUESS... Is that Matt being the vain fuck he his, delayed the physical release cause he couldn’t go from town to town, radio station To radio station, tv show to tv show, book signings and whatever other chances he might have found to stick his thumb up some young lady’s bum... TMI. 😂.... 

he wants his face everywhere. He can wait. The FEW people who got hold of a digital copy and the smaller few who got a physical copy have alas not rushed the garage sales and second hand bookshops just yet. 

:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Not that I recall. This was 2004-08

did the groupies actually get to the band members?  everyone but Matt was married by then (not that it matters to some people).  Was Matt the only one that hung out with them?

5 minutes ago, Ant said:

Can anyone fill me in on what he said about recording with Snakepit? What about it was contentious or whatever?

I forget exactly but it was about how he felt the singer sucked. I think he was just doing that project to keep the band together as I recall. He didn’t tour with snakepit 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ant said:

Can anyone fill me in on what he said about recording with Snakepit? What about it was contentious or whatever?

Iirc correctly, first Matt was pissed off with Slash for calling the band Slash's Snakepit (instead of just Snakepit).

Later Matt was pissed off with Slash for not consulting with him about the singer for the record (and maybe also not asking his opinion about everything in general).

Slash just went ahead with a singer he liked and when Matt heard the result he hated it, threw a hissy fit and told Slash not to use his drumming on the record anymore.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:30 AM, Powderfinger said:

Take the odd breath while posting...

You have zero opinion minus having read the fucking thing.

You are of course entitled to an opinion, but not your own facts. Having not read the book. Your just rambling. and contradicting yourself. 

I.think he should tone down his rock star sexual  events. Write it all,  but less of it all”

What in the name of Zeus are you on about? :facepalm:

My GUESS... Is that Matt being the vain fuck he his, delayed the physical release cause he couldn’t go from town to town, radio station To radio station, tv show to tv show, book signings and whatever other chances he might have found to stick his thumb up some young lady’s bum... TMI. 😂.... 

he wants his face everywhere. He can wait. The FEW people who got hold of a digital copy and the smaller few who got a physical copy have alas not rushed the garage sales and second hand bookshops just yet. 

:facepalm:

I totally agree with you. Well said. Ok. Godamm, Amaya.  What the fukc  I am rambling on about . For the love of everything holy. , , Jesus Fukinc Christ..... I need to shut the fukc up. Get a life, wiil me. What a stupid biitchh am I.  What a psycho I am. I did not read the dam book so I have zero , nada opinion. 
Ok. Did I leave anything out?  Are you happy now? 

No. I have read the book. Others here have and I just take their opinions of it and made my own.

I like the music from AFD to UYIs. I like all the members of GnR. I don’t fan out. I like their music AFD to UYIs. Axl, Duff, Slash,Matt and even Steven, Izzy , all . Good songs. I hope Matt’s book sells. I agree with you , yeah, the guy wants to do the talk shows, signings, and stuff. Get his face out there. Bad timing because this thing is the new norm and whatever , you just deal with it as it is.  He might be waiting until next summer for the usual kind of book promoting people do. Hopefully, this thing will plateau by December and life can be really normal again.

Edited by Amaya
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Amaya said:

I totally agree with you. Well said. Ok. Godamm, Amaya.  What the fukc  I am rambling on about . For the love of everything holy. , , Jesus Fukinc Christ..... I need to shut the fukc up. Get a life, wiil me. What a stupid biitchh am I.  What a psycho I am. I did not read the dam book so I have zero , nada opinion. 
Ok. Did I leave anything out?  Are you happy now? 

No. I have read the book. Others here have and I just take their opinions of it and made my own.

I like the music from AFD to UYIs. I like all the members of GnR. I don’t fan out. I like their music AFD to UYIs. Axl, Duff, Slash,Matt and even Steven, Izzy , all . Good songs. I hope Matt’s book sells. I agree with you , yeah, the guy wants to do the talk shows, signings, and stuff. Get his face out there. Bad timing because this thing is the new norm and whatever , you just deal with it as it is.  He might be waiting until next summer for the usual kind of book promoting people do. Hopefully, this thing will plateau by December and life can be really normal again.

This thing is going a lot longer than December unfortunately.

• Like 2

On 09/08/2020 at 4:18 PM, loke212 said:

Iirc correctly, first Matt was pissed off with Slash for calling the band Slash's Snakepit (instead of just Snakepit).

Later Matt was pissed off with Slash for not consulting with him about the singer for the record (and maybe also not asking his opinion about everything in general).

Slash just went ahead with a singer he liked and when Matt heard the result he hated it, threw a hissy fit and told Slash not to use his drumming on the record anymore.

Slash has said in many interviews that he wanted to just call the band Snakepit, but it was the record company’s idea and push to add Slash to it. For a while it was referred to as S.V.O. Snakepit (Slash’s very own). 

3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Slash has said in many interviews that he wanted to just call the band Snakepit, but it was the record company’s idea and push to add Slash to it. For a while it was referred to as S.V.O. Snakepit (Slash’s very own). 

Yeah, but iirc correctly from the book Matt seemed to think the record conpany was just an excuse for Slash when he confronted him about it and didn't really buy it.

Edited by loke212

16 hours ago, loke212 said:

Yeah, but iirc correctly from the book Matt seemed to think the record conpany was just an excuse for Slash when he confronted him about it and didn't really buy it.

Well, if it was an excuse, Slash kept lying to the press about it a fair bit then, to keep up appearances.

I read a lot of articles back then where Slash said it was a record company decision. 

17 hours ago, loke212 said:

Part of me kinda wants to read the book

• Like 1

16 hours ago, metallex78 said:
On 8/11/2020 at 10:08 AM, loke212 said:

Well, if it was an excuse, Slash kept lying to the press about it a fair bit then, to keep up appearances.

I read a lot of articles back then where Slash said it was a record company decision. 

It could be that Matt got the order of events wrong in his book. I had posted this several pages back in the thread in regards to what was said in interviews of the time:

On 6/9/2020 at 2:42 PM, Blackstar said:

When Slash first gave details about his plans for his solo album in June 1994, he said that that the band's name would be "SVO Snakepit", where "SVO" stood for "Slash's Very Own" (Kerrang, June 1994). He hadn't found a singer yet when he said that.

Then, in late 1994, he said that the band's name would be just "Snakepit", because it was a band and not a solo album (MTV, November 1994). So, in light of what Matt says in his book, the change of the name could have been a result of disagreements with Matt.

And then, in an interview conducted a month later, in December 1994 (but released in April '95), Slash said that the band's name eventually would be "Slash's Snakepit" because the record company wanted it that way (Metal Edge, April 1995). Matt says that this happened at the same time Slash found Eric Dover, however Dover was hired a few months earlier (in July 1994, shortly after Slash said the name would be "SVO Snakepit").

So maybe the original disagreement occurred when Slash had announced that the band would be called "SVO Snakepit". And then, when the band was renamed again to "Slash's Snakepit" Matt didn't buy that it was a record label decision.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It could be that Matt got the order of events wrong in his book. I had posted this several pages back in the thread in regards to what was said in interviews of the time:

So maybe the original disagreement occurred when Slash had announced that the band would be called "SVO Snakepit". And then, when the band was renamed again to "Slash's Snakepit" Matt didn't buy that it was a record label decision.

Should've named it Sorum's Forum. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nesret said:

I'm thankful that this thing leaked, at least one dude who delivers something, even if it's mostly self-righteous gossip. My standards have become pretty low by now, I know. But I still prefer that "book" over any SMKC-record or NITL-BluRay. :shrugs: 

I wouldn't prefer it over a NITL blu-ray if that blu-ray was from 2016 (ideally Troubadour - it was smaller, but it was the first one, right?), but otherwise I agree, it is frustrating. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I wouldn't prefer it over a NITL blu-ray if that blu-ray was from 2016 (ideally Troubadour - it was smaller, but it was the first one, right?), but otherwise I agree, it is frustrating. 

I saw footage of Houston 2016 (audience) and they sounded brilliant. That was August of that year so if it’s a full gig let’s hope it’s around then.

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I saw footage of Houston 2016 (audience) and they sounded brilliant. That was August of that year so if it’s a full gig let’s hope it’s around then.

Yeah, the Houston 2016 gig is getting famous. 

Edit: But really, considering what we've gotten so far, we'd be extremely lucky if we got anything from that year at all, never mind a particular season...

Edited by jamillos

5 hours ago, Nesret said:

I'm thankful that this thing leaked, at least one dude who delivers something, even if it's mostly self-righteous gossip. My standards have become pretty low by now, I know. But I still prefer that "book" over any SMKC-record or NITL-BluRay. :shrugs: 

it occupied me for a couple of days.

The only GNR thing that occupies me these days is coming on here, apart from putting on a bootleg DVD when I'm a bit drunk and have a friend over to try and convince them GNR aren't (in their words) "a totally shit band". 

I never really listen to them, simply because they have so little material and I've played it all to death over the years! 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yeah, the Houston 2016 gig is getting famous. 

Edit: But really, considering what we've gotten so far, we'd be extremely lucky if we got anything from that year at all, never mind a particular season...

Was it Dodger that was professionally recorded? That’s in the same ‘ballpark’ I suppose so it’s possible.

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

"3. There’s always a chance, as of today there has been no talks of releasing that specific show." 

That is an answer from Fernando on Reddit regarding the Houston show, doesn't sound like we'll get it anytime soon

46 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

"3. There’s always a chance, as of today there has been no talks of releasing that specific show." 

That is an answer from Fernando on Reddit regarding the Houston show, doesn't sound like we'll get it anytime soon

👍 cheers....would be weird not to though!