Matt Sorum's Autobiography

13 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Maybe he realised even the best in the world can’t fix his book that made him look like a colossal dickhead. Did nobody bar Matt read the book and not think “this might not paint you in the bear light Matt” I read it when it was released before it was pulled and how tone deaf is Matt sorum ? 

Agree absolutely.

14 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Maybe he realised even the best in the world can’t fix his book that made him look like a colossal dickhead. Did nobody bar Matt read the book and not think “this might not paint you in the best light Matt” I read it when it was released before it was pulled and how tone deaf is Matt sorum ? 

I always assumed that was the reason for it getting pulled in the first place? 

I got the impression much of it was overblown and exaggerated, but as you say, it just makes him look a bit of a dickhead. 

Be interesting to see if anything has been added/removed from the final version. I'd wager the bits slagging off Duff, Slash and Frank have gone, or been altered. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Be interesting to see if anything has been added/removed from the final version. I'd wager the bits slagging off Duff, Slash and Frank have gone, or been altered. 

This.

Just now, allwaystired said:

The irony is though that those are the sort of bits that people want to read! 

Yes, it will to duminish the most "interesting" stuff. I guess he maybe removed some about the groupies, at least the most heavy stuff, cause on the today PC climate it would to carry problems to he.

21 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Yes, it will to duminish the most "interesting" stuff. I guess he maybe removed some about the groupies, at least the most heavy stuff, cause on the today PC climate it would to carry problems to he.

Yeah some of that really doesn't make someone look good now. 

It makes for boring reading too! 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

As much as his book makes him look a bit of a cunt, at least he wasn’t trying to rewrite history and pretend none of that shit ever happened. Like Duff does. :lol:

I guess that Matt different to Duff don't has offsprings, and it make he can talk more freely,  just my guess about his book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

As much as his book makes him look a bit of a cunt, at least he wasn’t trying to rewrite history and pretend none of that shit ever happened. Like Duff does. :lol:

What did duff rewrite or pretend never happened in his book ? I’m surprised that especially during the UYI tour years that duff had any coherent things to add to the time period because I doubt he remembers much of it.

I wasn’t intending to be as negative towards Matt sorum in my post last night but well when axl rose agrees to have Steven Adler back on stage in this last decade and him and slash and duff are back together and you are nowhere near it, then maybe it’s you that’s the problem chief. 

• Like 1

I never understood the hatred for Matt from some fans, I find him very likeable. His spoken recollections of the GnR era are always interesting and seem pretty candid. Wry sense of humour. At the time he was one of the few people who didn't take Axl's bullshit, probably to his loss in the long term. Drumming wise I prefer Adler really but Matt's Tom sound is awesome, the intro to New Rose and YCBM being good examples.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nice Boy said:

I never understood the hatred for Matt from some fans, I find him very likeable. His spoken recollections of the GnR era are always interesting and seem pretty candid. Wry sense of humour. At the time he was one of the few people who didn't take Axl's bullshit, probably to his loss in the long term. Drumming wise I prefer Adler really but Matt's Tom sound is awesome, the intro to New Rose and YCBM being good examples.

Totally agree, seems to be a really intelligent articulate guy. Now I'm sure he can be an ass munch occasionally but so can I. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nice Boy said:

Because they've read this book and he comes across as an arse? 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Read the book then? Lol

Then you'll know what we all mean...

Hahaha! I'm not really into rock star autobiographies to be fair. I've read a few and they are all... meh. I'll remain ignorant on this! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Hahaha! I'm not really into rock star autobiographies to be fair. I've read a few and they are all... meh. I'll remain ignorant on this! 

I was always kinda disappointed so far. I've read Slash's book, Duff's "It's so easy", Steven Tyler's book, John Lydons book, Lemmy's book,  Keith Richard's book, The dirt... 

I don't know what I expected but I always felt disappointed.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I was always kinda disappointed so far. I've read Slash's book, Duff's "It's so easy", Steven Tyler's book, John Lydons book, Lemmy's book,  Keith Richard's book, The dirt... 

I don't know what I expected but I always felt disappointed.

That is exactly my thoughts too! No idea what my expectations actually were/are, but alas I always feeling similar to yourself.

We need to understand these guys are fathers now, and they're not gonna spill the beans on all the sex & drugs & rock n' roll orgies in the background - mainly all the groupies, financial and other shit, and all kinds of shenanigans they've done in the past in hotel rooms and elsewhere...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Yeah. The concept of the biography itself kinda always make me think "Why should I waste my life time to read about someone else's life? Who fucking cares?". I have bought Slash's biography and downloaded Duff's and Matt's biography ages ago, but other than a few pages, didn't read any of them yet. I did read some of Duff's though, while waiting for GNR to hit the stage (that kinda made sense). That said, I downloaded Steven Tyler's, Joey Kramer's  and Joe Perry's biographies as audiobooks and listened to them while doing other stuff. That worked.

Edited by PatrickS77