Matt Sorum's Autobiography

We need to understand these guys are fathers now, and they're not gonna spill the beans on all the sex & drugs & rock n' roll orgies in the background - mainly all the groupies, financial and other shit, and all kinds of shenanigans they've done in the past in hotel rooms and elsewhere...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I never figured out the spoiler thing (typing this on a phone) so proceed with caution. Here goes on NITL: - Matt and Duff are playing in South America sometime in 2015 with Hollywood Vampire

One strange thing is how Sorum was such a Casanova? He claims to have been touched-up by Stephanie Seymour. He claims Liz Taylor was wanting to shag him. He claims Naomi Campbell molested him. He appa

Let us stop being fanboys and think about a few facts on the NITL tour. Steven made a few appearances but these were not promoted or advertised beforehand. It sounds like he could have had more i

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Hahaha! I'm not really into rock star autobiographies to be fair. I've read a few and they are all... meh. I'll remain ignorant on this! 

Yeah. The concept of the biography itself kinda always make me think "Why should I waste my life time to read about someone else's life? Who fucking cares?". I have bought Slash's biography and downloaded Duff's and Matt's biography ages ago, but other than a few pages, didn't read any of them yet. I did read some of Duff's though, while waiting for GNR to hit the stage (that kinda made sense). That said, I downloaded Steven Tyler's, Joey Kramer's  and Joe Perry's biographies as audiobooks and listened to them while doing other stuff. That worked.

Edited by PatrickS77
4 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

I've not read it or heard much about it. But how does come across as an arse?

Most of it comes across as bragging along the lines of 'I slept with so many women' which quickly gets tiresome. You get the impression much of it is overblown and exaggerated. There's a general air of the 'world is out to get me' too, which is at odds with what he's saying. 

He slags off the GNR members in a way that seems like a hissy fit because they wouldn't boot out Frank. 

It's mainly though just a general feel. You don't finish it thinking 'oh, he seems alright', but that he seems jealous and petty and rather full of his own self importance. Whether he is or not, who knows. Never met him and people that have say he's been very pleasant. It's really just the impression the book gives. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. The concept of the biography itself kinda always make me think "Why should I waste my life time to read about someone else's life? Who fucking cares?". I have bought Slash's biography and downloaded Duff's and Matt's biography ages ago, but other than a few pages, didn't read any of them yet. I did read some of Duff's though, while waiting for GNR to hit the stage (that kinda made sense). That said, I downloaded Steven Tyler's, Joey Kramer's  and Joe Perry's biographies as audiobooks and listened to them while doing other stuff. That worked.

I like biographies, but always get bored by the 'pre-fame' bits as, as you say, I think 'who cares'. I'm only really interested in a new perspective on the things they were doing when I was interested in them (i.e. the time they were in a band). The personal life thing doesn't hold much interest. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I like biographies, but always get bored by the 'pre-fame' bits as, as you say, I think 'who cares'. I'm only really interested in a new perspective on the things they were doing when I was interested in them (i.e. the time they were in a band). The personal life thing doesn't hold much interest. 

Yeah. The worst thing is when they recount what their parents did before they were born.

• Haha 2
Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. The worst thing is when they recount what their parents did before they were born.

Some of them even go back to grandparents! 

There's also a heck of a lot of 'difficult relationship with my father/mother' stuff out there! 

Not saying that no-one has difficult relationships with their parents of course, but it becomes refreshing with biographies when someone says they got along with their parents fine, and there was not much drama there! 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's one guy I would care about even in this extent, though. 
A certain red-headed bastard who refuses to release music. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have not read his book.

I read ya’ll reviews here. The CovidVirus really shut  down his promotional  book tour last year.

This year is no different in many ways. He should just get it out and do promotional stuff  via  on line and zoom tv shows.

Groupie stuff ...ehhhh, everyone knows that stuff happened. There were no saints, no sinners . No one judging.

Things I would like to know, I think should in is how his lucky breaks came about. His ah -ha moment  turning his life around . How did he have enough sense to not go broke like so many who did?

Edited by Amaya
Typo
  • Like 1

I thought he gave up this book last year after the digital copy of the book circulated without an official release.

Will this 2021 release be the same book, or has it been selectively edited?

On 3/8/2021 at 9:22 PM, jamillos said:

There's one guy I would care about even in this extent, though. 
A certain red-headed bastard who refuses to release music. 

Prince William? 

Watch his Oprah interview, he tells all, but still won’t release Royal Democracy 2. Bastard.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, DownUnderScott said:

Prince William? 

Watch his Oprah interview, he tells all, but still won’t release Royal Democracy 2. Bastard.

Ha. Yeah, those "poor" bastards, Oprah included. I feel so sorry for them (not sorry for me).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, RedHook said:

I thought he gave up this book last year after the digital copy of the book circulated without an official release.

Will this 2021 release be the same book, or has it been selectively edited?

according to Matt, it's going to be edited. Really interested in knowing what made him change his mind and if it had anything to do with maybe someone from the Gn'R camp asking him to do that.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

How much does he bad mouth Axl?

I really don't like this guy at all. Won't be buying or reading his book.

He tried to embarrass Axl with the Stephanie Seymour grabbed my crotch story but it actually backfired on Matt. He comes off as a total douche for telling what is either bs or something that should never be made public 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 10:22 AM, DTV88 said:

He tried to embarrass Axl with the Stephanie Seymour grabbed my crotch story but it actually backfired on Matt. He comes off as a total douche for telling what is either bs or something that should never be made public 

He wouldnt be the first or the last to be grabbed by the crotch by Stephanie Seymour while her relationship with Axl.

He doesn't bad mouth axl. He tell his stories and fights with him...

He does much worse with Slash talkin about Slash greed and attempts to save face and look cool

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 4:42 PM, Sweersa said:

I can't wait to read Frank's book in 20 years.

“....then one day, Axl asked me to re-record the drums for Shadow Of Your Love just so he could screw Steven out of royalties.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

i read it was quite good actually 

i think the Cult section was the best part of the book and it was a great group when you compare it to his tenure in GNR, specifically him already having hung out with axl izzy in NY prior 

he makes the illusion recordings seem like it was just an assembly line production set up 

the later parts are great to read cause u know he's telling the truth about all the Frank can't play stuff 

• Like 1