Matt Sorum's Autobiography

On 12/23/2019 at 12:25 PM, Muddy said:

The book comes out in April , I’m betting the new GNR album will be coming out at the same time . Sorum is smart and releasing this book at the same time as GNR release a new album would be a good business move as there will be a ton of promotion and press going on surrounding GNR at the time . You heard it hear first lol 

They can still be coming out at the same time.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Matt is pathetic. Loser has literally delayed his book 85 times over the past two years trying to make it coincide with a new GNR record. The one good thing about Axl refusing to release an album is it keeps fucking up this twat's agenda.

Yeah and in that article above he makes it sound like he quit GnR on his own terms.

Bitch, you got fired…

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah and in that article above he makes it sound like he quit GnR on his own terms.

Bitch, you got fired…

Haven’t many people pointed out that Matt just quit coming back to the studio after a particular blow up and that Axl and company had expected him to do so for a certain period of time? Certainly seems like enough gray area involved to not call the guy a bitch over it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Haven’t many people pointed out that Matt just quit coming back to the studio after a particular blow up and that Axl and company had expected him to do so for a certain period of time? Certainly seems like enough gray area involved to not call the guy a bitch over it. 

No, the exact story is that he and Axl had an argument in the studio (started by Paul) and then Axl told him he was fired and then Matt stormed out and then Paul came running after him saying “hey come back” and then Matt said “Fuck off, Yoko. I can’t come back, he just fired me.”

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

No, the exact story is that he and Axl had an argument in the studio (started by Paul) and then Axl told him he was fired and then Matt stormed out and then Paul came running after him saying “hey come back” and then Matt said “Fuck off, Yoko. I can’t come back, he just fired me.”

Yeah, that was the blow up I was referencing. I’m pointing out that even Axl and company were expecting him to come back at some point after that. He never did so they moved forward. Almost like it was kinda his choice to not return that really ended his involvement with the band even though he had been verbally “fired.” Hence gray area. 

I get the feeling he's going to have to edit more stuff in this book, it's gonna end up as a pamphlet 

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah, that was the blow up I was referencing. I’m pointing out that even Axl and company were expecting him to come back at some point after that. He never did so they moved forward. Almost like it was kinda his choice to not return that really ended his involvement with the band even though he had been verbally “fired.” Hence gray area. 

He did say he got fired quite a few times and usually Axl would get him back, that last time he didn't. It was Axl's decision.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I get the feeling he's going to have to edit more stuff in this book, it's gonna end up as a pamphlet 

He did say he got fired quite a few times and usually Axl would get him back, that last time he didn't. It was Axl's decision.

Apparently Paul (and multiple people after from the GN'R camp) told him that if he just gave Axl a few days to cool off and then apologized to Axl, he would have been invited back, but Matt said he knew it was time to move on by that point. I do not have a specific source off the top of my head, but know he's said that in multiple interviews. I think he even said when Paul followed him back to the parking lot he said something like "just apologize and it will be cool." From what I remember in the book, the 1994-1997 sessions were all entirely useless. I do not things really moved until all the UYI folks (other than Dizzy) left. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I think he even said when Paul followed him back to the parking lot he said something like "just apologize and it will be cool." 

Yes, that's more or less what he said in interviews.

In the book, however, he said that it was Paul who apologized to him (and asked him to go back inside).

23 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Found the part about the reunion invitation interesting. The question is posed as he was invited once already and declined. I don't remember him speaking about being invited in the past, only Gilby mentioning he was invited.

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Found the part about the reunion invitation interesting. The question is posed as he was invited once already and declined. I don't remember him speaking about being invited in the past, only Gilby mentioning he was invited.

He talks about it in his book. He was offered to appear here and there for no money and turned it down.

3 hours ago, LunsJail said:

Matt confirms in that interview that past delays in releasing the book were due to further editing. I wonder if someone made him realize how awful he comes off in the original version. Interesting that it’s delayed again

Maybe his wife read it haha, or now that he's had his daughter he decided he doesn't want her to read about his shenanigans when she's older.

The Rolling Stone interview was cool, it sounds like he's repaired his relationship with Slash and Duff since he wrote the book. I'm sure Duff reached out at some point after the tour got started to mend fences, since they were so close in the past.

• Like 1