Matt Sorum's Autobiography

1 hour ago, Amaya said:

Slash could have put out another book later in  his life.

That would be awesome if Slash did another book now, or even a new edition of his previous one with some new chapters talking about his solo record, trying to find a new singer for VR, SMKC, divorce and the return of Meegan, and GnR reunion. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would be awesome if Slash did another book now, or even a new edition of his previous one with some new chapters talking about his solo record, trying to find a new singer for VR, SMKC, divorce and the return of Meegan, and GnR reunion. 

I hope he does. Nikki sixx seems to do a new book every few years, sebastian bach is aparently writing a second edition, and sixx is doing an update to the heroin diaries.

Axls book should he ever do one, would be the one to read. He would have an astute memory, and is articulate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I hope he does. Nikki sixx seems to do a new book every few years, sebastian bach is aparently writing a second edition, and sixx is doing an update to the heroin diaries.

Axls book should he ever do one, would be the one to read. He would have an astute memory, and is articulate.

What's the Bach book like? Any good? 

18 hours ago, allwaystired said:

What's the Bach book like? Any good? 

Its ok. Doesnt really get into the nitty gritty of why he left skid row. Was nice to read a few of the ancedotes of him drinking with other muscians. Not a very in depth book. Thought he could talk more about when him and axl met in 05 or 06 . Would wait until you can buy it on the cheap.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2020 at 3:55 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Oh that would kick ass!  I am kind of glad that Slash released his book when he did though because if he and Axl made up before it, I bet that most of the stuff on Axl in that book would have been taken out or amended where all the dirt would have been cleaned - so to speak

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LunsJail said:

I bought the book in digital format. It’s an interesting read. Don’t go into it thinking you’ll wind up liking the main character.

Hm, I never liked him in the first place. I don't know how far in you are, but is it mostly gnr? Or does it take long before he gets there? Not really interested in his life before GNR of after VR...

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Hm, I never liked him in the first place. I don't know how far in you are, but is it mostly gnr? Or does it take long before he gets there? Not really interested in his life before GNR of after VR...

I skipped ahead to the GNR and VR chapters and I’m circling back now to read the beginning. There is a lot of GNR, not so much VR. However, his discussion of life after VR is the most interesting. Lots of interesting material about NITL and his sour grapes of not being asked to be the drummer. It has wrecked his relationship with Slash and Duff.

Edited by LunsJail
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LunsJail said:

I skipped ahead to the GNR and VR chapters and I’m circling back now to read the beginning. There is a lot of GNR, not so much VR. However, his discussion of life after VR is the most interesting. Lots of interesting material about NITL and his sour grapes of not being asked to be the drummer. It has wrecked his relationship with Slash and Duff.

That's what I'm interested in hearing about. I might have to order the ebook then.

8 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's what I'm interested in hearing about. I might have to order the ebook then.

His attitude towards Slash and Duff is incredible. He really isn’t positive about them at all throughout the book. He acts as if they’ve left him hanging. I never came to an understanding of what he thinks he’s owed by these guys.

There is some behind the scenes dirty laundry on the NITL lineup. He’s airing some shit that probably should have remained confidential.

Edited by LunsJail
Adding to thought

20 minutes ago, LunsJail said:

His attitude towards Slash and Duff is incredible. He really isn’t positive about them at all throughout the book. He acts as if they’ve left him hanging. I never came to an understanding of what he thinks he’s owed by these guys.

There is some behind the scenes dirty laundry on the NITL lineup. He’s airing some shit that probably should have remained confidential.

I don't blame him for feeling that way.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Lol why? If what you're saying is true what reason would he have to "protect" people who left him hanging?

I mean that the GNR camp would not have wanted this aired publicly and I don’t personally think he should have. I feel Matt has wrecked his chances of working with Slash and Duff again, maybe he doesn’t care.

18 minutes ago, LunsJail said:

I mean that the GNR camp would not have wanted this aired publicly and I don’t personally think he should have. I feel Matt has wrecked his chances of working with Slash and Duff again, maybe he doesn’t care.

He probably doesn't care now, I think he realizes that the ship has sailed.

13 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

He probably doesn't care now, I think he realizes that the ship has sailed.

I think he also realized that was the end of those guys being involved with his all star bands. He devotes a chapter or two to those in the book.

1 hour ago, LunsJail said:

I think he also realized that was the end of those guys being involved with his all star bands. He devotes a chapter or two to those in the book.

Even the all star bands, I don't think he's going to do those again. In general he doesn't seem that interested in doing long tours again (unless it was GnR). Like deadland ritual, they released only 2 singles and did a handful of festival appearances (playing mostly covers). 

7 minutes ago, Walapino said:

where can you get it?

It's available as a Kindle download on Amazon.

• Like 1