STAR WARS: Convoluted Cash- Cow Disney Adventure Series That Will Never End Thread

ZoSoRose

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

I think for the time they did stuff that had never been done before, episode 3 especially still looks really good. I agree that the other two haven't aged all that well when you look at them now, though. 

I actually think Phantom Menace looks the best out of all three of them, since it’s the only one shot on 35mm film (the other two were shot in 1080p). It also uses the most practical locations, out of all three of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I actually think Phantom Menace looks the best out of all three of them, since it’s the only one shot on 35mm film (the other two were shot in 1080p). It also uses the most practical locations, out of all three of them.

I was talking more about CGI quality but I see what you're saying. 

• Like 1

The preview looks awesome and so glad this saga is ending. I liked the previous one, but felt all the fight scenes went on too long, but I liked how Luke was back and told the story of Kilo Ren and why he turned bad.

I think in this last one, the evil guy will be back. For fuck's sake I can't think of his damn name.

Please someone tell me. Damn it!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 1:12 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The preview looks awesome and so glad this saga is ending. I liked the previous one, but felt all the fight scenes went on too long, but I liked how Luke was back and told the story of Kilo Ren and why he turned bad.

I think in this last one, the evil guy will be back. For fuck's sake I can't think of his damn name.

Please someone tell me. Damn it!

Yes, it’s confirmed that The Emperor will be back in this last one that’s coming out at the end of this year!

No one ever wanted the skywalker story to end. Its called Rise of Skywalker which is mildly confusing. But Im more confused by how Disney is systematically killing off the old beloved characters while also producing (I believe) numerous kids cartoons that introduce kids to the OT and its characters. But then Galaxys Edge is said to be light on OT. Im having a hard time finding the through line in all of it.

I am extremely excited for this one, not matter any of that though! And Disney +. Winter is gonna be epic!!!!

2 hours ago, soon said:

No one ever wanted the skywalker story to end. Its called Rise of Skywalker which is mildly confusing. But Im more confused by how Disney is systematically killing off the old beloved characters while also producing (I believe) numerous kids cartoons that introduce kids to the OT and its characters. But then Galaxys Edge is said to be light on OT. Im having a hard time finding the through line in all of it.

I am extremely excited for this one, not matter any of that though! And Disney +. Winter is gonna be epic!!!!

Yeah I agree that Disney really shot themselves in the foot by trying to make massive content for both the OT and ST at the same time. Too much jumping around. They shoulda just focused on the ST for now, and then focus on all the OT-spin-off stuff later, after the ST was finished. That’s one of many reasons why there is franchise fatigue now amongst the general public.

im also not sure what starwars will look like after the Skywalker saga ends, but I think it’s time for it to end regardless. This is the last episode of “the trilogy of trilogies.” Trying to do more Skywalker movies after this one wouldn’t make any sense.

personally, I like the title. It’s not uncommon for the third (and final) installments of certain stories to end with “rise” (The Dark Knight Rises, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, etc.).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I agree that Disney really shot themselves in the foot by trying to make massive content for both the OT and ST at the same time. Too much jumping around. They shoulda just focused on the ST for now, and then focus on all the OT-spin-off stuff later, after the ST was finished. That’s one of many reasons why there is franchise fatigue now amongst the general public.

im also not sure what starwars will look like after the Skywalker saga ends, but I think it’s time for it to end regardless. This is the last episode of “the trilogy of trilogies.” Trying to do more Skywalker movies after this one wouldn’t make any sense.

personally, I like the title. It’s not uncommon for the third (and final) installments of certain stories to end with “rise” (The Dark Knight Rises, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, etc.).

I stand corrected - one person wants it to end, lol. j/k You are the first person Ive heard say that though. 8 destroying Luke kinda softens the blow. Lucas promised 12. Oh well.

Oh, thanks for filling me in about using the word Rise being a thing in hollywood. I kinda like Star Wars as being outside of those types of trends I suppose. But at least it helps it make sense to me.

True about the franchise fatigue. Im still confused why star wars kids channel on youtube has the Galaxy Of Adventure telling old stories. And Forces of Destiny on disneys channel also tells some of the OT stories. At the same time that Resistance doesnt refer to that much. If I were a kid Id be a bit confused I think. 

Would you hope for any EU/Legends content to inform none skywalker movies?

45 minutes ago, soon said:

I stand corrected - one person wants it to end, lol. j/k You are the first person Ive heard say that though. 8 destroying Luke kinda softens the blow. Lucas promised 12. Oh well.

Oh, thanks for filling me in about using the word Rise being a thing in hollywood. I kinda like Star Wars as being outside of those types of trends I suppose. But at least it helps it make sense to me.

True about the franchise fatigue. Im still confused why star wars kids channel on youtube has the Galaxy Of Adventure telling old stories. And Forces of Destiny on disneys channel also tells some of the OT stories. At the same time that Resistance doesnt refer to that much. If I were a kid Id be a bit confused I think. 

Would you hope for any EU/Legends content to inform none skywalker movies?

Yeah I’m open to them using EU/Legends stuff like Tales of the Jedi as inspiration for new films. Hopefully that’s what they do.

i think Lucas originally said in like 1978 that he wanted 9 Skywalker movies in total (trilogy of trilogies) and then 3 spinoffs, so that’s where the “12 movies in total” quote originally comes from. I think he said he wanted one of the spinoffs to be an experimental piece where all the characters were either droids or Wookiees, so that there would be no dialogue whatsoever.

then in the late 80s he changed his mind and said he wanted four Skywalker trilogies (Original trilogy, prequel trilogy, a trilogy about Luke with a love interest, and then a “finality” trilogy about Luke as an old man). Things took too long tho, so that didn’t work out. Oh well.

Edited by rocknroll41

47 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I’m open to them using EU/Legends stuff like Tales of the Jedi as inspiration for new films. Hopefully that’s what they do.

i think Lucas originally said in like 1978 that he wanted 9 Skywalker movies in total (trilogy of trilogies) and then 3 spinoffs, so that’s where the “12 movies in total” quote originally comes from. I think he said he wanted one of the spinoffs to be an experimental piece where all the characters were either droids or Wookiees, so that there would be no dialogue whatsoever.

then in the late 80s he changed his mind and said he wanted four Skywalker trilogies (Original trilogy, prequel trilogy, a trilogy about Luke with a love interest, and then a “finality” trilogy about Luke as an old man). Things took too long tho, so that didn’t work out. Oh well.

Dude you are a machine! Thanks for all this great info! 

I didnt know Lucas had intended for spin offs at one point - too cool! That experimental one sounds neat.

Im aware that Lucas didnt like the Mara Jane (?) love interest in the novels. I guess now that is because he wanted to create that for himself. All that could have been.

Well, if you say EU/Legends might be coming to the screen I gotta finally dive into all that stuff. Right on!

40 minutes ago, soon said:

Dude you are a machine! Thanks for all this great info! 

I didnt know Lucas had intended for spin offs at one point - too cool! That experimental one sounds neat.

Im aware that Lucas didnt like the Mara Jane (?) love interest in the novels. I guess now that is because he wanted to create that for himself. All that could have been.

Well, if you say EU/Legends might be coming to the screen I gotta finally dive into all that stuff. Right on!

Haha thanks! Yeah I’ve been reading about starwars since I was a little kid. Has always been a big hobby for me.

oh, and I was just speculating about them making more stuff from Legends canon. I’m not sure if that’s actually gonna happen or not. Hopefully some of it does, tho.

and yeah I’d pay top dollar to see Lucas’ experimental art-house film about droids and Wookiees trying to talk to each other without any dialogue. That’s an Oscar-winner right there! XD

Edited by rocknroll41
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Haha thanks! Yeah I’ve been reading about starwars since I was a little kid. Has always been a big hobby for me.

oh, and I was just speculating about them making more stuff from Legends canon. I’m not sure if that’s actually gonna happen or not. Hopefully some of it does, tho.

and yeah I’d pay top dollar to see Lucas’ experimental art-house film about droids and Wookiees trying to talk to each other without any dialogue. That’s an Oscar-winner right there! XD

HAHA, yeah I guess droids and wookies could have been hit or miss :lol:

Im gonna hop on some EU audio books just in case. Throng and all that.

I just learned that Resistance season 2 will lead into Ride of Skywalker, do you think that makes it mandatory watching? Will they actually do strong set ups for 9 on the show?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, soon said:

HAHA, yeah I guess droids and wookies could have been hit or miss :lol:

Im gonna hop on some EU audio books just in case. Throng and all that.

I just learned that Resistance season 2 will lead into Ride of Skywalker, do you think that makes it mandatory watching? Will they actually do strong set ups for 9 on the show?

Nah, I don’t think the cartoon show is a mandatory watch before the movie.

• Thanks 1

New official movie poster: https://mobile.twitter.com/starwars/status/1165314577115934720

ECwE_nmU0AAQBMs?format=jpg&name=900x900

Also some new footage was shown at a private event. Major spoiler:

we see Rey with black robes and a double-bladed red lightsaber while palpatine’s voice says “and now, your journey comes to an end.”

also, Ewan McGregor confirmed that the Kenobi show will be released in 2021!

Wow! The new hero’s together even, lol. And to be reminded that we will see our princes in action one more time. But yeah that ending!!

ive changed my position on not wanting skywalker saga to end. I didn’t want it to end. But now, selfishly, I want “my era” of the wars. I hear people describe themselves as OT generation, EU era or Prequel generation. I would be clone wars years later on DVD generation I guess, lol. I really loved Rogue One and Solo - just my luck no more  Stories for awhile. So still no “my era” maybe my era starts in 2022?!?

blah blah :lol: anyways rise of skywalker is gonna be incredible!!!!! I’ve never longed for winter before in my life!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

That last part though, haha. Very cool trailer. Someone in the comments pointed out that the star destroyers were imperial ones and not first order. 

Good catch! I’m guessing that has something to do with Palpatine being back. Maybe time travel is involved?

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Good catch! I’m guessing that has something to do with Palpatine being back. Maybe time travel is involved?

There have been rumours that it will be a part of it, I personally would rather not though hahaha. Way too easy to totally mess everything up and I also feel it's a bit of a cop out. 

The final scene in the trailer seems like an obvious dream or illusion, akin to Luke seeing himself in Vader in Empire.

That, or maybe a clone.  

In any event, the name of the film kind of feels like it reveals what the movie will be about: Rey will put an end to the whole thing, Jedi/Sith, and out of the ashes will be something new called Skywalker.  

Who knows for sure but that's what I'm betting my money on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Somebody posted this on reddit 86 days ago, and given then recent reveal of Dark Rey in the trailer, I think there’s some truth here (warning; potentially major spoilers): 

Reveal hidden contents

I’ve got to say, I like that idea.

If Rey is going to be anybody “special”, that is, a product of one of the OG characters, I would prefer it to be something that isn’t one of the obvious candidates.