STAR WARS: Convoluted Cash- Cow Disney Adventure Series That Will Never End Thread

ZoSoRose

I’ll put in my Top 10 title predictions now (just in case the rumor is true that the title is being announced tomorrow):

1.Legacy

2.Legacy of the Skywalkers

3.Legacy of the Force

4.Balance of the Force

5.The Will of the Force

6.The Final Hope

7.The Final Duel

8.A New Order

9.A New Legacy

10.A New Destiny

I definitely think it'll be "A New Order". It fits with Kylo's reign as Supreme Leader and then with whatever comes from the movie's aftermath, be it a restored Republic or something new. Flows and doesnt sound too hokey either imo

I love the idea of Legacy of the Skywalkers but it doesn't flow and would only work if they find a way to give Luke and Leia a big role. Using the word "Force" would be too redundant after VII

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I definitely think it'll be "A New Order". It fits with Kylo's reign as Supreme Leader and then with whatever comes from the movie's aftermath, be it a restored Republic or something new. Flows and doesnt sound too hokey either imo

I love the idea of Legacy of the Skywalkers but it doesn't flow and would only work if they find a way to give Luke and Leia a big role. Using the word "Force" would be too redundant after VII

Good points. I’d be fine with A New Order (especially since it ties full circle with A New Hope), but I also think simply calling the film Star Wars Legacy would really pack a punch too!

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Good points. I’d be fine with A New Order (especially since it ties full circle with A New Hope), but I also think simply calling the film Star Wars Legacy would really pack a punch too!

How about A Lasting Legacy? Too cheesy maybe

Do you think JJ will bring Kylo's mask back?  

If he did, it would obviously be a new one, maybe even more like Vader's. 

On one hand, I feel like it would be something Abrams would do to sort of 'take back' some of the stuff Rian Johnson literally smashed in the last film. On the other...we're at the point now where Kylo Ren himself is so tortured that his rage stricken face is much more expressive than the visage of a mask. 

17 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

On one hand, I feel like it would be something Abrams would do to sort of 'take back' some of the stuff Rian Johnson literally smashed in the last film. On the other...we're at the point now where Kylo Ren himself is so tortured that his rage stricken face is much more expressive than the visage of a mask. 

According to reports, Kylo has a mask. It's his old mask reconstructed

And it looks like no reveal tomorrow. The poster artist who hinted at it is back tracking. 

54 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

How about A Lasting Legacy? Too cheesy maybe

Too cheesy, yeah.

49 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

Kylo’s new mask is reportedly pieces of his old one mixed with red crystalline material. So sort of like a visual hybrid between Vader and Maul.

31 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

According to reports, Kylo has a mask. It's his old mask reconstructed

And it looks like no reveal tomorrow. The poster artist who hinted at it is back tracking. 

Yeah but two credible sources did confirm that a teaser trailer does in fact exist so expect the marketing to start any day now. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon!

• Like 1

I just remembered that in the last movie Luke said “the rebellion is reborn today.”

Maybe that’s the title? The Rebellion Reborn.

EDIT: some other options I just thought of are The Fire(s) of Hope, Fire of Rebellion, The Age of Fire, and The Way(s) of the Force... something with “fire” in it could be cool, I think...

Edited by rocknroll41

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Some awesome leaks/rumors from a somewhat reliable source (he was apparently right regarding another leak a few months back) came out yesterday.

If true, it's all awesome. 

I saw that! If that stuff is true, this’ll be an amazing movie!

Edited by rocknroll41

On 1/18/2019 at 7:32 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Some awesome leaks/rumors from a somewhat reliable source (he was apparently right regarding another leak a few months back) came out yesterday.

If true, it's all awesome. 

On 1/18/2019 at 11:04 AM, rocknroll41 said:

I saw that! If that stuff is true, this’ll be an amazing movie!

Y'all got links to what you're talking about? I don't mind if it's spoiler-y

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Y'all got links to what you're talking about? I don't mind if it's spoiler-y

The reddit thread which revealed these leaks seems to have been deleted from the Star Wars Spoilers Reddit now. Whether it was cause they were real leaks or proven to be bullshit, I have no idea. 

With that being said, I’ll summarize what I remember reading (edit; added in spoilers from other credible sources):

-Rey visits Tatooine.

-Kylo/Ben pilots the Falcon.

-we get a flashback of Han and Leia delivering an 8-year-old Ben Solo to Luke. We see Luke asking him if he wants to be a jedi, and Ben responds by saying he wants to be a guardian of good for the Galaxy.

-Kerri Russel has an entire subplot with Luke Skywalker.

-The Knights of Ren play a very big role in the movie.

-Matt Smith was seen on set with black robes and a lightsaber (it was previously rumored that he was playing a young Palpatine of some kind).

-Naomie Ackie plays Lando’s daughter, Vera.

-Lando apparently does “some cool shit” and might also fly the falcon at one point too.

-Dominic Monhigan plays a rebel who works for Naomie named Avryl (not big but eh every little tidbit of info is cool I guess).

-Poe and Finn lead a new army of guerilla fighters. Rose apparently isn’t in the movie as much but does have at least one action sequence with Finn (other rumors suggest that she does stuff with Rey too).

-Daisy Ridley let it slip in an interview that Finn and Rey do a lot more together in this movie too.

-Hux, like, usurps Kylo or defects to the rebels or something? Can’t remember, but it was something like that.

-Both Kylo’s mask and Rey’s saber are reformed but more “scrappy-looking” now (confirmed from leaked marketing previews).

-BB8 has a new droid sidekick named D-0 (pronounced “dio”) that looks like a little megaphone with tiny robot arms and legs (confirmed from leaked marketing previews).

-the three planets are desert (likely tatooine), jungle, and swamp (supported by the highly-credible source MakingStarWars).

-we know for sure that the production sure had jungle and swamp sets near Pinewoods Studios, and also went to go shoot at the deserts of Jordan for a little bit, which adds credibility to the planet rumors.

-Kylo finds a Palpatine holocron that leads him to a new super weapon that’s like three Death Stars all combined together, which is an unused concept from Return of the Jedi (also supported by MakingStarWars).

-The swamp set is apparently for a big battle sequence with rebels and stormtroopers (from MakingStarWars).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The reddit thread which revealed these leaks seems to have been deleted from the Star Wars Spoilers Reddit now. Whether it was cause they were real leaks or proven to be bullshit, I have no idea. 

With that being said, I’ll summarize what I remember reading (edit; added in spoilers from other credible sources):

Reveal hidden contents

-Rey visits Tatooine.

-Kylo/Ben pilots the Falcon.

-we get a flashback of Han and Leia delivering an 8-year-old Ben Solo to Luke. We see Luke asking him if he wants to be a jedi, and Ben responds by saying he wants to be a guardian of good for the Galaxy.

-Kerri Russel has an entire subplot with Luke Skywalker.

-The Knights of Ren play a very big role in the movie.

-Matt Smith was seen on set with black robes and a lightsaber (it was previously rumored that he was playing a young Palpatine of some kind).

-Naomie Ackie plays Lando’s daughter, Vera.

-Lando apparently does “some cool shit” and might also fly the falcon at one point too.

-Dominic Monhigan plays a rebel who works for Naomie named Avryl (not big but eh every little tidbit of info is cool I guess).

-Poe and Finn lead a new army of guerilla fighters. Rose apparently isn’t in the movie as much but does have at least one action sequence with Finn (other rumors suggest that she does stuff with Rey too).

-Daisy Ridley let it slip in an interview that Finn and Rey do a lot more together in this movie too.

-Hux, like, usurps Kylo or defects to the rebels or something? Can’t remember, but it was something like that.

-Both Kylo’s mask and Rey’s saber are reformed but more “scrappy-looking” now (confirmed from leaked marketing previews).

-BB8 has a new droid sidekick named D-0 (pronounced “dio”) that looks like a little megaphone with tiny robot arms and legs (confirmed from leaked marketing previews).

-the three planets are desert (likely tatooine), jungle, and swamp (supported by the highly-credible source MakingStarWars).

-we know for sure that the production sure had jungle and swamp sets near Pinewoods Studios, and also went to go shoot at the deserts of Jordan for a little bit, which adds credibility to the planet rumors.

-Kylo finds a Palpatine holocron that leads him to a new super weapon that’s like three Death Stars all combined together, which is an unused concept from Return of the Jedi (also supported by MakingStarWars).

-The swamp set is apparently for a big battle sequence with rebels and stormtroopers (from MakingStarWars).

Is anyone else just completely unexcited by plot points, SW leaks, and the prospect of episode IX?

Between TLJ being a mess, EA's atrocious handling of the SW gaming license, and SW turning into Marvel 2.0 I am just unenthused. Yeah I'll see the movie at the first showing and I'll be on line a few hours before, but man I have never felt so ambivalent about SW in my entire life. And much of my life has included SW in a big way, whether it was watching the prequels in theaters or playing SWG, Jedi Academy, Republic Commando, KoTOR 1/2, the original two Battlefronts, Starfighter, Rogue Squadron, Rebel Assualt, Tie Figher - the best thing about SW has always been the video games IMO. The books to a degree as well.

Since Disney has taken the helm, we've received just Battlefront I and II. Two mediocre games with heavy emphasis on monetization. The epic looking SW 1313 was cancelled, the SW Visceral game was cancelled in 2017, the SW open world game being developed by EA Vancouver has been cancelled as of a week ago (with it being reported the studio is working on a smaller scale project instead because EA wants a game out soon and the open-world thing was taking too long. If this is a mobile game, I will burn EA to the ground and gladly take credit for it <---- CONFESSION HERE, POLICE).

I hate that Star Wars no longer excites me.

Edited by OmarBradley

1 minute ago, OmarBradley said:

Is anyone else just completely unexcited by plot points, SW leaks, and the prospect of episode IX?

Between TLJ being a mess, EA's atrocious handling of the SW gaming license, and SW turning into Marvel 2.0 I am just unenthused. Yeah I'll see the movie at the first showing and I'll be on line a few hours before, but man I have never felt so ambivalent about SW in my entire life. And much of my life has included SW in a big way, whether it was watching the prequels in theaters or playing SWG, Jedi Academy, Republic Commando, KoTOR 1/2, the original two Battlefronts, Starfighter, Rogue Squadron, Rebel Assualt, Tie Figher - the best thing about SW has always been the video games IMO. The books to a degree as well.

Since Disney has taken the helm, we've received just Battlefront I and II. Two mediocre games with heavy emphasis on monetization. The SW Visceral game was cancelled in 2017, the SW open world game being developed my EA Vancouver has been cancelled as of very recently (with it being reported the studio is working on a smaller scale project instead because EA wants a game out soon and the open-world thing was taking too long. If this is a mobile game, I will burn EA to the ground and gladly take credit for it <---- CONFESSION HERE, POLICE).

I hate that Star Wars no longer excites me.

I think Disney, LFL, and the different creative teams behind all the new content (particularly EA) all hold a little responsibility for the worldwide starwars fatigue that’s currently going on... but I think another aspect of it is that we are all just growing up and starwars isn’t really for us anymore and we live in a world now where it isn’t the only big special franchise in town. I think fatigue to some degree was inevitable no matter what. But yes, I agree that they could’ve handled everything a little more carefully than they have.

I liked VIII. It's flawed and messy, but at its core I like it. The high points are really good. It didnt really leave a direct hook for IX, but it left them room to do pretty much whatever they want next. I'm excited to see how the core saga ends.

I just really hope Luke and the Knights of Ren are used well

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I liked VIII. It's flawed and messy, but at its core I like it. The high points are really good. It didnt really leave a direct hook for IX, but it left them room to do pretty much whatever they want next. I'm excited to see how the core saga ends.

I just really hope Luke and the Knights of Ren are used well

I liked The Last Jedi when I first saw it, then I went through a phase where I didn't think very highly of it, but now I've come full circle and have learned to see the beauty of it, despite all of it's flaws. I think it's cool that IX is kinda forced to do it's own thing now and is basically another hard reset for everything. Raises the stakes and makes things more interesting imo. Excited to see what they do.

8 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

I take all these rumors/leaks with a grain of salt. I remember reading the thread on The Last Jedi, only a few plot points were correct there was a fake title in there too, which was completely false.  So...

156ppg9.jpg

Yeah I have a feeling at least like half of the listed rumors I posted are gonna end of up being false. And yeah the fake title for VIII was Echoes of the Dark Side, otherwise known as the most cliche title ever.

Keri Russel and Star Wars are two of my favourite things. Now they are together. I've got a good feeling about this. :) 

I heard speculation that this may be the last SW movie for a while, with Disney focusing on launch of streaming, 3 TV shows and the SW amusement park. They cant take too many risks and have the movies just limp to the finish line. I gotta imagine that after VIII and Solo not meeting expectations that they will ensure that this movie will be banging!!!

3 hours ago, soon said:

Keri Russel and Star Wars are two of my favourite things. Now they are together. I've got a good feeling about this. :) 

I heard speculation that this may be the last SW movie for a while, with Disney focusing on launch of streaming, 3 TV shows and the SW amusement park. They cant take too many risks and have the movies just limp to the finish line. I gotta imagine that after VIII and Solo not meeting expectations that they will ensure that this movie will be banging!!!

Yeah the Disney ceo said this is the last one for awhile and any future films will come out less frequently from now on.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah the Disney ceo said this is the last one for awhile and any future films will come out less frequently from now on.

Oh, I dont realize that was official. Thanks.

I was into the pace of releases, so Im bummed. I cant help but imagine that people punishing Disney for VIII by not watching Solo plays a part in this? And if so that bothers me, I love Solo.

Ive heard the notion that the OT had 3 years between each and it helped the fans 'digest' them better. I guess that makes sense too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, I dont realize that was official. Thanks.

I was into the pace of releases, so Im bummed. I cant help but imagine that people punishing Disney for VIII by not watching Solo plays a part in this? And if so that bothers me, I love Solo.

Ive heard the notion that the OT had 3 years between each and it helped the fans 'digest' them better. I guess that makes sense too.

Yeah the upcoming slowdown is mainly to do with the box office bombing of Solo, according to the ceo.

Its a shame, cause I also really liked Solo. With that being said, I kinda miss the “once every three years” pacing of the OT and PT, so if that’s where we are heading back to, than I’m fine.

• Like 1

Solo was actually a decent film. It doesnt add much to the series, but it doesn't hurt it (which was my biggest fear). Its a fun movie and shows some really cool places like Corollea. I like that the Anthology films opened up the galaxy more like the prequels did. The Sequel Trilogy is like the Original Trilogy, its more backwoods worlds and less alien environments. 

I don't know how I feel about the slow down. The Sequel Trilogy was always what I really cared about and wanted. The Anthology films were more bonus content, but I did like them. There is a lot of potential with them, Solo was just too safe and too taboo a subject to do. No one wanted to see anyone but Harrison Ford play the role. Aldrich did a fine job, as good as you can ask for, but the Anthology films would have been more interesting if they went to weirder places. 

I am looking forward to The Mandalorian. I love that its set after the OT

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Solo was actually a decent film. It doesnt add much to the series, but it doesn't hurt it (which was my biggest fear). Its a fun movie and shows some really cool places like Corollea. I like that the Anthology films opened up the galaxy more like the prequels did. The Sequel Trilogy is like the Original Trilogy, its more backwoods worlds and less alien environments. 

I don't know how I feel about the slow down. The Sequel Trilogy was always what I really cared about and wanted. The Anthology films were more bonus content, but I did like them. There is a lot of potential with them, Solo was just too safe and too taboo a subject to do. No one wanted to see anyone but Harrison Ford play the role. Aldrich did a fine job, as good as you can ask for, but the Anthology films would have been more interesting if they went to weirder places. 

I am looking forward to The Mandalorian. I love that its set after the OT

I loved Solo purely because it stood alone outside of the other movies. Episode VIII was utter shite which really pissed me off as I really enjoyed TFA. 

• Like 1