STAR WARS: Convoluted Cash- Cow Disney Adventure Series That Will Never End Thread

ZoSoRose

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Lol! Honestly, while I’m still a fan of all of this, I think it’s wise for them to take a loooong break. They should even wait longer before starting up again, actually.

Speaking just for myself, I’m bummed about this.

We do get Mando season 2 and The Bad Batch though!

I forget about release timelines for Casian. 

What do you think the bad batch will focous on? Will Ashoka be in it?

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Speaking just for myself, I’m bummed about this.

We do get Mando season 2 and The Bad Batch though!

I forget about release timelines for Casian. 

What do you think the bad batch will focous on? Will Ashoka be in it?

I have a feeling Ashoka will be in Bad Batch, yeah, though my guess is that she’ll just be a background character and the focus will mainly be on Echo.

The Cassian show starts filming this fall. They haven’t set a release date yet, but if I had to guess, it’ll probably be around summer 2021.

I hope that Bad Batch wont permanently put Ahsoka into the background. Id be into a live action Ahsoka vehicle like nobodies business! :headbang:

Obviously a female lead in a live action who'd almost definitely be played by poc is, I think, one of the issues that Star Wars has to contend with, that we tip toe around when we say why theres a benefit to a break from feature films (even though we are all good people who dont have an issue with that ourselves, to be clear!). Im just referencing the misogyny and racism that we witnessed in response to Rey, Rose and Finn. If Solo tanked due to backlash, Ahsoka would too apparently? :( 

Edited by soon

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

When I read that they were releasing The Bad Batch, I assumed it was just the title for a Blu-ray box set containing Episodes 7 to 9, Rogue One, and Solo.

I enjoyed Rogue One and Solo. 

2 hours ago, soon said:

I hope that Bad Batch wont permanently put Ahsoka into the background. Id be into a live action Ahsoka vehicle like nobodies business! :headbang:

Obviously a female lead in a live action who'd almost definitely be played by poc is, I think, one of the issues that Star Wars has to contend with, that we tip toe around when we say why theres a benefit to a break from feature films (even though we are all good people who dont have an issue with that ourselves, to be clear!). Im just referencing the misogyny and racism that we witnessed in response to Rey, Rose and Finn. If Solo tanked due to backlash, Ahsoka would too apparently? :( 

There are reports saying that Lucasfilm might do a live action Ashoka show starring Rosario Dawson, actually!

Edited by rocknroll41

35 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

There are reports saying that Lucasfilm might do a live action Ashoka show starring Rosario Dawson, actually!

She's supposed to be in Mandalorian season 2.  I hope they just make her a steady character in Mandalorian and focus on the Obi wan show instead.

18 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

She's supposed to be in Mandalorian season 2.  I hope they just make her a steady character in Mandalorian and focus on the Obi wan show instead.

Apparently her appearance in Mando Season 2 is supposed to be a backdoor pilot for her own show afterwards.

The shows confirmed so far are Mando Seasons 2 & 3, Bad Batch, Kenobi, Cassian Andor, and a show about a female character (most likely Ashoka).

And then the shows which have been heavily reported on but not confirmed yet are the Rebels sequel, Lando (with Donald Glover returning), and Maul & Kira.

Then there’s also the Detours “adult cartoon” show which was competed right before Disney bought Lucasfilm and has been sitting on the shelf ever since.

And then there’s also the shows made for toddlers like Galaxy of Adventures, Blips, Rollout, and Jedi Temple Challenge, but I guess none of those really matter.

Edited by rocknroll41

17 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

You seem pretty knowledgeable on all this.  What have you heard about Kenobi?  Some guy I work with told me Hayden Christianson is going to be in it but I thought this was supposed to take place between 3 and 4?

Yeah it’s gonna take place between 3 and 4, but there is a rumor that Hayden might make a small cameo in a quick flashback scene, of some kind.

We’ll see what happens, I guess!

14 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

My screensaver is Dawson as Ashoka! :wub:

I thought that this speculation had come and gone a few years ago. I didnt realize it was still a possibility!

And given Dawsons age, we'd definitely be getting new stories!

• Like 1