New Duff interview in Classic Rock (vague about new music - addresses the Izzy issue)

I will speak on everyone's behalf here by asking you to do what you think Izzy should have done.  On the 31st at  midnight on this month, tell your employer you refuse pay. Send your paycheck back. Go to work on Monday and communucate to H R.  you want to do volunteer work at place of employment. Me, I love the 15th and 31st of every month. Thank you.  Duff is still saying the same immature, bullshyt  thing.  Why don't he just say something nice and  easy throwing no shade. Something you could say , hmmm. sounds real to me. Hey we tried to bring him on board.  Our individual lawyers, the GnR lawyers, his lawyers , the three of us and him could not find find a happy medium between tour length, pay percentage  per show , etc. Train was rolling.  I love guy. I text, email him. It is all good.                                 My opinion reading bewteen the lines  of what  Duff said, Axl said, Alan Niven said, and  what Izzy said is the spilt equally. I think no way could there  have been an equal spilt or with him. It would not be fair either. Legally he is not a member of GnR. Of course the company  owner, Axl earns the most. Slash next because no Slash, no show. Duff is 3rd and  is simply not significant  either.  The staff of next Frank ,  Fortus , Melissa. Frank- Duff work well together.  Play the 35 year songs and covers as they were written. It is not hard. Aren't people stil , still playing The Nutcracker?  Slash can work with Fortus.  Band was put in autopilot, cruise control on tour 3 years ago or longer out of the 4 years of the tour and will be for the 5th year of it.

Edited by Amaya

On 12/24/2019 at 11:32 AM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

obviously $ is what fucking determines if you do something such as work and if it's too little for what you consider your worth you don't fucking do it -= its so funny yet spineless by Duff to throw his friend under the bus again and looks like it was again ignoring the $ factor and trying to paint him in some shitty light, what a douche, hes clearly on the TB side of things 

Thank you

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That's the thing... Slash and Duff are artists, and they've released their own music pretty regularly over the last couple decades. Axl is just a performer, unfortunately. 

False. Axl has written and worked on tons of material. He is an artist. Just because you haven't heard his work doesn't make him less of an artist.

Bottom line - there is a huge difference between how we 'the die hards' see the band and everyone else.

Truth be told, all GNR authentic stuff that rattled the world had Izzy on it.

Once everyone was gone and Ax thought he was GNR it resulted in an EPIC train wreck.

When Iz left, happens, he left on his own terms - I could understand, they got Gilby and I saw 91-94 still as a band.

Now Iz not being there and no Gilbym 57 guitarists down the line and Fortus in the band, I see them as Ax/Slash/Duff playing tributes to GNR in a revolving door/everyone gets a chance to play.  

If they could not make things work out with Iz, they should have continued with the band Duff/Slash left.

I see some ppl argue Duff or Steve being more vital.  Hell, on UYI's Sorum sound was more vital than Duff.  Take a listen, YCBM, Double talkin jive, Back off, Perfect crime, Dead Horse, Breakdown, Locomotive...

Nonetheless, I don't see this line up being able to pull together an album on the level of AFD-UYI and honestly, despite Du$$ money hunger - I think he kinda admits that.  4 years down he says for the first time 'didn't work out this tour'.   On the other hand, between playing on or recording, I don't see them doing the later.  whenever Ax tix sales went down - he always pulled out the line up trick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

False. Axl has written and worked on tons of material. He is an artist. Just because you haven't heard his work doesn't make him less of an artist.

1 album of original material in 29 years. That is what Axl, the artist, has chose to share with the world/managed to release. 15 tunes in all that time kinda make him less of an artist to me.

Especially with how much he accomplished with Gn'R when Slash, Duff, and Izzy were around and in such a short period of time. I have to think some things have drastically changed that crippled him as an active musician. Whatever it is, it took out of the equation the most important thing which is to release music more than once in almost 3 decades.

23 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Bottom line - there is a huge difference between how we 'the die hards' see the band and everyone else.

Once everyone was gone and Ax thought he was GNR it resulted in an EPIC train wreck.

When Iz left, happens, he left on his own terms - I could understand, they got Gilby and I saw 91-94 still as a band.

Now Iz not being there and no Gilbym 57 guitarists down the line and Fortus in the band, I see them as Ax/Slash/Duff playing tributes to GNR in a revolving door/everyone gets a chance to play.  

If they could not make things work out with Iz, they should have continued with the band Duff/Slash left.

I see some ppl argue Duff or Steve being more vital.  Hell, on UYI's Sorum sound was more vital than Duff.  Take a listen, YCBM, Double talkin jive, Back off, Perfect crime, Dead Horse, Breakdown, Locomotive...

Nonetheless, I don't see this line up being able to pull together an album on the level of AFD-UYI and honestly, despite Du$$ money hunger - I think he kinda admits that.  4 years down he says for the first time 'didn't work out this tour'.   On the other hand, between playing on or recording, I don't see them doing the later.  whenever Ax tix sales went down - he always pulled out the line up trick.

i agree they should've reunited with gilby, matt if they were gonna do it and gone for real stardom instead of a touring nostalgia tribute band 

and axl will pull shit out like the lineup change as soon as he feels he needs the money 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i agree they should've reunited with gilby, matt if they were gonna do it and gone for real stardom instead of a touring nostalgia tribute band 

and axl will pull shit out like the lineup change as soon as he feels he needs the money 

between us, themselves and brand GNR, I don't really know who was insulted most with this half assed reunion nostalgia pathetic tour.

this is like watching a fuckin' bio pic with semi well choosen actors.

the songs sound familiar, the singer doesn't look or sound like himself, the guitar player is Slash, Duff plays bass but what the hell is the rest of the scene!?

85-94 band had - ATTITUDE! ...and CHARISMA.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Who is to say that they won't pull off a good to great album? You and no one else has the answer to that. At least it'll have the GNR sound. CD didn't have that. 

For me, I  see it as unfinished business for Axl, Slash, and Duff. I don't think they want TSI to be known as their last album. No matter what I'm looking forward to it when it's released. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Great post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

That’s what Axl claims at least, yeah.

They did, but asked Axl for direction on what songs he’d like to be played. And probably wanted to know what songs from CD would be played nightly. Maybe that’s why Better has that into because the band knew they were okaying every night and wanted to make it sound cool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

also duff "accidentally" meeting axl in his hotel in 2010 is highly suspect if not completely pre planned and secretly executed by duff 

I always thought that. We all know that duff is all about the $, so I’d suggest he made sure he was in a room close to Axl.

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

funny you should say that i watched his documentaries and its pretty compelling stuff, if you have a moment check it out, he was on joe rogan recently

Some of its compelling. I don’t believe him in the end. It always feel like the Aliens only come to the US or that we have that the tech. Snowden was also on Rogan and he said he searched thru all agencies and found nothing about extraterrestrial life. Snowden didn’t entirely rule it out, but he said it would have to be very well hidden because he looked.

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

1 album of original material in 29 years. That is what Axl, the artist, has chose to share with the world/managed to release. 15 tunes in all that time kinda make him less of an artist to me.

Especially with how much he accomplished with Gn'R when Slash, Duff, and Izzy were around and in such a short period of time. I have to think some things have drastically changed that crippled him as an active musician. Whatever it is, it took out of the equation the most important thing which is to release music more than once in almost 3 decades.

A lot happened actually. He probably took some medications, he lost his musical muse and many more things. Most of the ChiDem material was produced before/around 2000. After 40, he lost passion for constant creation I guess. He's also a control freak, so he doesn't wanna release any mediocore song(in his sense). That doesn't make him less of an artist to me. 

17 hours ago, downzy said:

Kind of a tree falling in the forest situation.  

I've heard that he's quite prolific when it comes to songwriting and composing, but it's not a side he shows publicly too often for reasons that are his own.  

I agree. But that only shows this is still a dysfunctional band. Who is the manager? I mean a real manager like Alan Niven used to be. Beta and Fernanado are just members of  Axl's entourage. Just because they sell merch in the official site. And they delete youtube videos that doesn't make them managers.

Why can't they give us straight yes or no answer when it comes to a new album once and for all? We had leaks songs, School Hard and others. Why that happened? Who was behind it?

Their social media is absolute bullshit. Slash always posting horror pictures and the eventual Conspirators news. Duff talking about his wife, daughters and his #MeToo songs, happy birthday whoever or happy 4th of July. The same can be said about Axl. I couldn't care less about this crap

They are just a tour machine not a real band

I understand if Izzy wants to stay out, besides any money or contract issues.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

A lot happened actually. He probably took some medications, he lost his musical muse and many more things. Most of the ChiDem material was produced before/around 2000. After 40, he lost passion for constant creation I guess. He's also a control freak, so he doesn't wanna release any mediocore song(in his sense). That doesn't make him less of an artist to me. 

I believe Axl doesn't want to release low quality material but there's no proof he's on medications or that he lost inspiration or passion. My guess is he probably just overthinks it but a truly great artist is someone who can actually let go when it's time, knowing when their creation is getting diluted.

Listening to the 2019 leaks and comparing it with the official release which I still very much enjoy, to me it sounds like he buried a lot of what made the material compelling with attempts to improve the same tunes with layers of newer ideas, adding and replacing them with others years after they were originally conceived.

That is the best way to lose the vibe that most albums got, a snapshot of a specific time in the artist's life. It's amazing it worked at all and I'm glad he made it but a decade for one album is too much time to labor over just one thing imo and Chinese wasn't the end of it cause it's been 11 years since that was released which probably means he's still overthinks it.

Edited by Rovim