New Duff interview in Classic Rock (vague about new music - addresses the Izzy issue)

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Yes, sorry... I meant Mick Wall's book.  I believe he may have been quoting Niven in it (i did say maybe originally). 

Yes, Niven, Zutaut and others have mentioned about Axl taking medication, but in reference to the 80s only.

He most likely stopped though in the 90s when he was turned into "alternative" therapies that rejected "conventional" medicine. We don't know about later, more so about now; it's only speculation based on certain indications.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

i JUST DID DICK, GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF

no you didn't. You are being very silly. You first claim there is proof, and then when you can't produce it you come up with a lame excuse and tell me to go look for it myself. Ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

no you didn't. You are being very silly. You first claim there is proof, and then when you can't produce it you come up with a lame excuse and tell me to go look for it myself. Ridiculous.

Dude, I am not going to photocopy pages of a fucking book for your dumbass.   Get real.   Also...try google, I found two articles one from the Guardian and another from the Globe and Mail discussing this very issue.  Granted, as Blackstar said this in reference to the past, not necessarily present.  However, one would presume that if Rose persists in therapy then he would continue to take some sort of psychotropic meds as that is commonplace.  However, I would agree that isn't always true, but is a logical conclusion anyone familiar with treatment of mental health issues would understand.  Sorry that's all above your head. 

• Like 2

Just now, tsinindy said:

Dude, I am not going to photocopy pages of a fucking book for your dumbass.   Get real.   Also...try google, I found two articles one from the Guardian and another from the Globe and Mail discussing this very issue.  Granted, as Blackstar said this in reference to the past, not necessarily present.  However, one would presume that if Rose persists in therapy then he would continue to take some sort of psychotropic meds as that is commonplace.  However, I would agree that isn't always true, but is a logical conclusion anyone familiar with treatment of mental health issues would understand.  Sorry that's all above your head. 

but my original post was in response to a poster that thought Axl was on meds in recent years, not 20 plus years ago. Also, I don't think going by presumptions is a very good idea. Just cause it's commonplace, doesn't mean Axl is on psychotropic meds. A logical conclusion can be wrong when you don't have a reliable source to base it on and instead you try to pass your opinion as fact.

• 2 weeks later...

I am an Izzy fan if that makes any sense. How can anyone be a fan of someone no one knows about or anything?  Some of us are a fan  of him of that time of that music then.       Some of you here are really hard on him: bailed, flakey, flake, cannot play the music, has not played GnR in 35 years,  etc. My opinion,  with Neal Peart of  Rush dying earlier this week, time after 50 , some peoples number comes up.      Who lnows!   I hate how people who are not friends or fans who knock , complain  then something happens and all the fake sympathy happens. I hate how people in real life don't like someone whatever then when death happens, all that phony sympathy happens.

Edited by Amaya

9 hours ago, Amaya said:

I am an Izzy fan if that makes any sense. How can anyone be a fan of someone no one knows about or anything?  Some of us are a fan  of him of that time of that music then.       Some of you here are really hard on him: bailed, flakey, flake, cannot play the music, has not played GnR in 35 years,  etc. My opinion,  with Neal Peart of  Rush dying earlier this week, time after 50 , some peoples number comes up.      Who lnows!   I hate how people who are not friends or fans who knock , complain  then something happens and all the fake sympathy happens. I hate how people in real life don't like someone whatever then when death happens, all that phony sympathy happens.

Well, just because some people may criticize someone's actions doesn't mean they don't care about their welfare. 

• Like 1

This os how I see it: When this whole thing first started, they didn’t know where it would go, but they were open to possibilities - specially Slash has said that a few times. As they started rehearsing and everything was going well, they realized they were having fun and enjoying each other’s company. It seems to me that that’s why Izzy never showed up to rehearsals, because he saw that this could be a much bigger thing, not just a few reunion shows, and that’s not for him.

What he does with his career is proof of that, he plays and records music for fun, he’s not interested in the industry and the responsabilities of being in one of the biggest tours bla bla bla. And that’s fine, people have different lifestyles and goals in life, he’s not a looser because of that, it’s quite the opposite. He made a brave choice decades ago when he chose to step back, I admire him for that, some musicians hate what they do and they just don’t have the courage to admit that and do something else because fame and money are very addictive.

Maybe if they had offered him more money, he would have said yes, because I’m sure it would help with his retirement in the future. We don’t know how smart he was with his money, but I’m sure a few extra millions in his bank account wouldn’t hurt. But since the tour became much bigger, maybe that was a price he wasn’t keen to pay.

I’m a big fan of the guy, but it would be sad for me if he did the first run of the NITLT and then disappeared again. I like that the reunion became a permanent thing and they’re working on new music. If Izzy showed up to play a whole show with them as a one night thing, I would be really happy.

• Like 3