One in a million lyrics

I really can't fathom anyone reading these lyrics as anything but edgelord bullshit at best, genuinely racist/homophobic garbage from a small town hick at worst. 

If Axl and co *really* believed this was okay, or even cynically speaking they believed potential customers and the public as a whole would think it's okay, it would have been in the damn boxset. It wasn't. Because Axl grew up and Slash/Duff grew spines in their age and every person involved with it knows it isn't okay. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

The line about "don't need to buy none of your gold chains today"

My mom said when she worked in Manhattan, there were always black guys trying to sell gold chains on the street. She told them once, how do I know they are real gold? lol

They tried to see watches too.

Not sure if this was done in LA, but probably. Axl's lyrics are always true except of course for "I used to love her" at least I hope not.

Unfortunately, "one in a million" could still be sung in today's world. It's sad that the world hasn't changed all that much since the 80's or before that and still it's going on today.