What would be your ideal GNR tour?

A tour with Izzy and Steven/Matt rotating. A shorter, tighter set with better songs for preserving Axl's voice. Set list would be whatever they felt that particular night, but featured a couple songs that haven’t been played in a while

example:

Perfect Crime

Brownstone

Dust N’ Bones

Live and Let Die

Attitude

Its So Easy

Bad Obsession

DTJ

Civil War

new song

Jungle

November Rain

Y CBM

new song

CD

Sorry

encore songs

PC

setlist 18-21 great songs with new tracks

and a new album to support 

I wouldn't mind the constant touring without an album if they would just change the fucking setlist more than just adding new cover songs now and then.

When they added Locomotive and Dead Horse, that was a great move....but neither song stayed in the setlist every night.   Yet shit like Blackhole Sun and the Seeker stays.

They could do like other bands and surprise audiences by playing an album top to bottom.

Imagine seeing all the songs from Spaghetti Incident, all in row? 

They have enough songs to make it interesting, but they're choosing not to.  Slash and Duff must feel so fucking dead inside, playing "Better" for the 450th time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since it's a matter of ideal... Bring back Izzy and Adler with Fortus and Sorum as guest from time to time. More UYI songs, less covers and less CD songs. I gave up on the idea of a new album. But they could play a few new/unheard CD leftovers.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I just don't see the point of tours without albums, four-five selections from that new album played. That would be my ideal tour - at least at this stage. 

This. 

Any other tours without new songs is just more NITL in my eyes.

• Like 2

bring the on the band that has the b..ls to be the best in the world - as it once was.

Ax/Slash/Duff/Sorum/Iz (Gilby)/Dizwald

That band has power and edge. It will not have to hang on to 10 covers a night because it will have the power and knowhow to play every song off GNR catalogue better than any Frank/Fortus/Mel whoever.

It will be the band that will have potential to let Slash explode even more and let Duff and Axl have less pressure and more confidance than they do now.  It would be the band of cameradie and charisma, bottom line - it would finally be the band with no limits, band called Guns N Roses.  No alibi, no excuse.  Do or die.  The band that has it and doesn't care.  Band that turns to gold everything it touches because they KNOW.

Saddly,  Steve just can't put up. Too destroyed mentally for any long term plans.  No guest spots, no circus.  Just BAND.

10 hours ago, Draguns said:

Do you know how much tickets are going for regarding Motley Crue/Def Leppard, Poison/ Joan Jett??? I was looking at ticket prices for Citi Field. They are $200-$300 on average for poor seats. Not to mention the travel cost of going there from NJ. Both NYC and NJ Transit have limited travel options on a Sunday night. 

The complaints of something like that on here would  skyrocket in regards to cost. 

Yeah it’s pretty crazy. I’m hoping that these crazy prices are due to the scalpers, and that they’ll come down in price closer to the shows

Play a broad stroke of the GNR back catalog, theirs no need to play all 12 Appetite tracks, obviously the 'hits' and few tracks from each album including CD. Mix the setlist up, not the same old programming each night. Bring back Izzy & Adler for a couple of tracks & Sorum for YCBM. 

It's joint first for a better sounding Axl... and a new album (properly promoted).

Distant 2nd is gnr go out and continue the nostalgia tour but rotate the set into random orders, so it is actually a different show every night.

3rd option is a by request show.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It's joint first for a better sounding Axl... and a new album (properly promoted).

Distant 2nd is gnr go out and continue the nostalgia tour but rotate the set into random orders, so it is actually a different show every night.

I fully support these plans in that order. 

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I wouldn't mind if the set was shorter for a better Axl. A 2 hour show would be fine if it meant Axl sounded better. They can cut all the extended jams down too

Edited by WildStar

A tour with Axl/SLash/Izzy/Duff/Steven (or even Matt)/Dizzy

Shadow Of Your Love
Nice Boys/Reckless Life
Civil War
My Michelle
Think About You
Sweet Child O Mine
You're Crazy (Slow Temp Electric)
Anything Goes
Rocket Queen
Down On The Farm
Patience/Don't Cry
Used To Love Her
Dust N' Bones/14 Years
You Could Be Mine
Jumpin Jack Flash/Mama Kin/The Seeker
Estranged/Locomotive
Dead Horse/Move To The City
KOHD (closer to the early version with one extended Slash solo)
November Rain
---Encore--
Jungle
It's So Easy
Out Ta Get Me
Nightrain
Brownstone
Paradise City

• Like 1

My dream tour would be with the UYI lineup. Yes, Gilby too. I grew up with that lineup and never got the chance to see them live. 

But if they get Sorum back I would be very pleased. 

I wished that Axl hade the same good voice he had in most of 2016. Ofc I wished he had a voice like 1989 or 2006 but let's  be somewhat reasonable. 

If I could change the past i would've liked Slash and Duff rejoin Axl in 2006. I'm forever grateful that I got to se the semi-reunion live in San Diego 2016 though, vacation trip of my life

Answer to topic: I would like some acoustic shows like the skin n bone tour

Edit: a dream show would be a crowd that put away the phone and just sing along and enjoyed the moment. 

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, WhazUp said:

My ideal tour would be Axl in 2016 vocal shape, Sorum and Adler trading off on drums, and Izzy on guitar with Slash. 

If the management really listen the fans... this can be done.... 

And of course, work on the UYI leftovers now too. (Or just release them on the UYI boxset)

Add: and please "just shut up n sing" no more!!!!! Comeback!!!!

Edited by axlvai
Add