Jump to content

What would be your ideal GNR tour?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My ideal tour would be one where they release a new record and properly promote it prior to the start of the tour

A tour with Axl singing a shitload better than 2016,17,18,19 I don't care if he's less bloated and cracking jokes, I care about his voice.

The "Rough Mixes" Tour   need i say more?

I’d love to see new music added and varied set lists with improved Axl vocals. That would be epic. 
 

What I fear is that there won’t be new music, Axl will sound exactly the same and the new show will just be the songs arranged differently on night 1 and then following the same “new set” for 2 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My source tells me that they will swap ISE and Jungle in the set, and Black Hole Sun will make a return. That's the plan for now anyway. The recent attention on the leaks could put that in jeopardy.

I don't understand what else you guys could want. Complaints, complaints, complaints...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, Tom2112 said:

It's joint first for a better sounding Axl... and a new album (properly promoted).

Distant 2nd is gnr go out and continue the nostalgia tour but rotate the set into random orders, so it is actually a different show every night.

3rd option is a by request show.

I'd like a "GNR By Request" tour, like what Metallica did. They got a few deep cuts and one song they had never done live before (I don't remember which ones), as well as all of the hits too. The more casual fans would vote for the hits, and the hardcore fans would allow for a more random selection of songs every night

Also, the videos are unnecessary, but I don't think that they have any effect on the song order, I would think they have more effect on the tempo of the song than the setlist. The setlist changed noticeably every night during the 2016 and 2017 tours, though less noticeably during the 2018 and 2019 tours. I do support going for a more varied setlist, it'd be cool to see them do a pick list again

And, to give everyone time for a piss break, they should do a 15-20 min KOHD. That'd be their intermission

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2020 at 4:57 PM, wafflehead said:

I'd like a "GNR By Request" tour, like what Metallica did. They got a few deep cuts and one song they had never done live before (I don't remember which ones), as well as all of the hits too. The more casual fans would vote for the hits, and the hardcore fans would allow for a more random selection of songs every night

Also, the videos are unnecessary, but I don't think that they have any effect on the song order, I would think they have more effect on the tempo of the song than the setlist. The setlist changed noticeably every night during the 2016 and 2017 tours, though less noticeably during the 2018 and 2019 tours. I do support going for a more varied setlist, it'd be cool to see them do a pick list again

And, to give everyone time for a piss break, they should do a 15-20 min KOHD. That'd be their intermission

My by request would ideally be narrowed down by fanclub members, and then the narrowed down list should be released to the general public. Obviously, Jungle, SCOM, NV, PC all stay but after that all bets are off. 

Problem with Metallicas attempt was that they let the whole audience choose from the entirety of the set and more often than not they chose the exact Metakllica had been playing consistently for the past 8/10 years of touring. The Fanclub had a great balance, had the band set some limits saying "We have to play these 3 songs" 

The new song was a brand new song recorded for that tour, it wasn't a good song. And the other song that was never played before in full was Frayed ends of sanity... kinda the Metallica equivalent Get in the ring... but better, much better :D 

Edited by Tom2112
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

No Mickey In This Lifetime World Tour.

Axl singing like Mickey is like Slash playing a Ukulele the whole show.

Even if it means the show is only 90~ minutes?

The 3.5 hour shows are too much tbh. I'd prefer a shorter show that utilized his lower voice, with the raspy songs sprinkled throughout where he goes 'Axl/DC' mode. Maybe bring back You Ain't The First, Bad Obsession, Sorry, Down On The Farm etc. and go all-out on the hits and Locomotive, Dead Horse and Nightrain. Wichita Lineman and I Feel Good were great additions to the set honestly, and they seemed fairly easy for him to sing. They could have a great 90-120 minute show if they built it around Axl's current voice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2020 at 1:24 AM, Azifwekare said:

My source tells me that they will swap ISE and Jungle in the set, and Black Hole Sun will make a return. That's the plan for now anyway. The recent attention on the leaks could put that in jeopardy.

I don't understand what else you guys could want. Complaints, complaints, complaints...

Not BHS again :facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Even if it means the show is only 90~ minutes?

The 3.5 hour shows are too much tbh. I'd prefer a shorter show that utilized his lower voice, with the raspy songs sprinkled throughout where he goes 'Axl/DC' mode. Maybe bring back You Ain't The First, Bad Obsession, Sorry, Down On The Farm etc. and go all-out on the hits and Locomotive, Dead Horse and Nightrain. Wichita Lineman and I Feel Good were great additions to the set honestly, and they seemed fairly easy for him to sing. They could have a great 90-120 minute show if they built it around Axl's current voice.

The Mickey voice gets on my nerves. Imo there is no reason to sing that way, it just sounds stupid.  Sing in a lower voice cleanly if it hurts to rasp.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 9:35 PM, djones1225 said:

If they cant bring Izzy back, then bring back Gilby. Bring Josh Freese or Brain back on drums. Get Axl back in 2006 shape, with 2010 rasp with 2016 range, and the UYI tour rage. 

Fuck Gilby. Why the hell would you trade Fortus for that hack?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fuck Gilby. Why the hell would you trade Fortus for that hack?

cause some people prefer Gilby's style of playing and/or image, stage energy. He does share chemistry with Slash imo but I prefer Richard. Hopefully we'll get to hear what Slash and Richard can come up with. The potential is there, they can be a killer guitar duo outside of just live shows.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...