NFL thread

SAU3R

4 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Looks like there could be some aftermath for Green Bay as that Jordan Love pick may rear it's ugly head between Rodgers and management (especially after they kicked the field goal rather than going for it on 4th down on their last drive).

Speaking as a lifelong fan, this organization has completely screwed Aaron Rodgers out of multiple SB appearances, if not victories. I remember seeing the point this morning that the Packers have never gone all in and tried to take a shot. This team has always planned for the future and done close to nothing for the present. We just need to load up and take a shot this off season. Get a new DC, maybe a new WR, definitely some better defensive personnel, and we're good to go. 

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Speaking as a lifelong fan, this organization has completely screwed Aaron Rodgers out of multiple SB appearances, if not victories. I remember seeing the point this morning that the Packers have never gone all in and tried to take a shot. This team has always planned for the future and done close to nothing for the present. We just need to load up and take a shot this off season. Get a new DC, maybe a new WR, definitely some better defensive personnel, and we're good to go. 

This is now 2 HOF QB's in a row that, instead of loading up for a win-now approach, they have chosen to forgo the final years of each guy and planned for the future. I remember back in 2007 where they refused to trade a 4th round pick (!) for Randy Moss when Favre was basically begging Thompson to do it. And then just last year they decide to draft a QB in the 1st round after going to the NFC title game. I always go back to what Denver and SF did in the 90's to win titles for John Elway and Steve Young. They literally cheated the cap and got every player they could to win-now, and they did.

Although to be fair to them, the cap is actually going down, so they and a lot of other teams are in cap hell right now. But still, drafting Love in the 1st round was unforgivable.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan

14 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I thought Green Bay were nailed on for victory prior to the game. But when Brady threw that perfectly weighted looping pass for the first touchdown you just knew it was going to be his day.

Yeah he looked locked in right from the get go. But when they hit that long touchdown to Miller right before half, you could feel that it was a backbreaker for the Packers. You just can't give that up in that situation. 

50 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Yeah he looked locked in right from the get go. But when they hit that long touchdown to Miller right before half, you could feel that it was a backbreaker for the Packers. You just can't give that up in that situation. 

GB totally choked the game away. Brady threw three picks, it should've been five and they still couldn't win. But like you said, that asinine play before the half was the nail. All you have to do is play a soft zone and don't let anyone get behind you. And they're in a man and the safety lost him, just wow. Rodgers is 1-4 in NFC championship games, last time I checked that sucks ass.

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

GB totally choked the game away. Brady threw three picks, it should've been five and they still couldn't win. But like you said, that asinine play before the half was the nail. All you have to do is play a soft zone and don't let anyone get behind you. And they're in a man and the safety lost him, just wow. Rodgers is 1-4 in NFC championship games, last time I checked that sucks ass.

1-4 in title games is starting to look Buffalo Bill like, but at least they were able to make the SB 4 years in a row in the early 90's. Rodgers is probably the greatest regular season QB of all time. His stats are still good in the postseason, but he routinely is outplayed in the critical situations by the opponent. 

8 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

1-4 in title games is starting to look Buffalo Bill like, but at least they were able to make the SB 4 years in a row in the early 90's. Rodgers is probably the greatest regular season QB of all time. His stats are still good in the postseason, but he routinely is outplayed in the critical situations by the opponent. 

Man, those poor Bills. The thing about it is they were great teams. Hall of famers on both sides of the ball with Kelly, Thurmon Thomas, and Bruce Smith. And I think Andre Reed was on those teams also. The odds that they would lose 4 in a row were astronomical, yet they did. Oh, and my man Marv Levy was the coach.

On 1/25/2021 at 10:27 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

They definitely fucked him in the draft. Jeez. Jordan Love? Really? 

On 1/26/2021 at 12:03 AM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

This is now 2 HOF QB's in a row that, instead of loading up for a win-now approach, they have chosen to forgo the final years of each guy and planned for the future. I remember back in 2007 where they refused to trade a 4th round pick (!) for Randy Moss when Favre was basically begging Thompson to do it. And then just last year they decide to draft a QB in the 1st round after going to the NFC title game. I always go back to what Denver and SF did in the 90's to win titles for John Elway and Steve Young. They literally cheated the cap and got every player they could to win-now, and they did.

Although to be fair to them, the cap is actually going down, so they and a lot of other teams are in cap hell right now. But still, drafting Love in the 1st round was unforgivable.

Is that true? They refused to trade a 4th round pick for Randy Moss?!!!

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

They definitely fucked him in the draft. Jeez. Jordan Love? Really? 

Is that true? They refused to trade a 4th round pick for Randy Moss?!!!

Yeah just before the 2007 season (the one where Moss had 23 touchdowns) he was traded to the Patriots for just a 4th round pick. Ted Thompson refused to to put together a deal with the Raiders even though Favre wanted it.

On 2/7/2021 at 11:20 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Absolutely incredible, 7 Super Bowls for Brady, a number once thought impossible He beat Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes in this run, maybe the greatest gauntlet of QB's ever in a single postseason run.

All things considered, I was very happy with this year's NFL season. 

I hope we can have fans in the stands next year, but the broadcast and the league did a great job putting all together. 

Only six more months until football. 

• 1 month later...