Have you actually spent much money directly on GnR the commercial entity?

AFD on CD which was probably around 10€, UYI1 on Vinyl which was maybe 20€

Then tickets for 5 NITL shows, around 625€

A shirt for each European leg, 70€

So something around 700€, not included flights, costs for hotel, etc

CD's: AFD, Lies, UYI 1&2, TSI!?, Live Era, Interview With A Vampire soundtrack, End Of Days soundtrack, Chinese Democracy (2 copies).

VHS: Tokyo 1&2, Making Fucking Videos collection.

DVD's: Tokyo 1&2

Appetite For Democracy Blu-Ray

Concert tickets in 2002, 2006 (bought 3), 2010, 2011 (bought 3), 2013, & 2016.

Tshirts & other misc merch from each show I've attended (excluding the hideous 2006 merch).

I've bought the individual's autobiographies.

Ordered a few things from the online shop.

Paid for each of the official live streams in 2011-2012.

This is just the stuff off the top of my head..

Not a lot. The albums on CD, UYI and Appetite For Democracy DVDs, and the cost of two gigs. I did buy that crappy Appetite deluxe thingy (the one that was around the £150 mark), but after I uploaded the music onto my iTunes I sold it on and got back what I paid for it. I can live without transferable Guns tattoos in my life. 

Edited by Towelie

Very little. I remember having a GnR T-shirt and some posters as a kid. Other than that only the records, a few books, VHS tapes and a concert ticket two years ago. That ticket was the first time since the live era record came out that I spent money on them because I got CD as a gift.

concert tickets '91,92'  2 x '93 and 2 x NITL

all the singles as they were released on CD singles and a couple of mini 3"CD singles (they never really caught on did they)

All the real albums on cd

tour tshirts x 6ish

UYI dvd to replace the VHS ones

making of videos x 3

mugs,coasters,doormat,pyjamas,keyrings

L&L deluxe

various official t shirts

and a shitload of unofficial stuff

Nothing was really bought from '94 to '16

No ChinDem stuff

• Like 1

im up there in the spend category but not at the same level as the psycho NITL fans that followed them everywhere 

i've bought every album including CD by far my worst investment, as i had downloaded the 2001 rock in rio songs and these were far superior to what came out 

multiple posters 

a wallet 

tokyo videos 

many t-shirts - bad apples being the best one

the box set 

like 8 books

chicago 92 bootleg 

ritz 91 bootleg

i've gone to the concerts showed in my signature however the most telling sign of dedication to the brand not band was I bought multiple tickets for my buddies and myself to vancouver 2002 and to me this was a dream come true having been denied seeing them as a kid by my parents, when the riot ensued and I was literally crying having heard the news, i sucked it up, flew to toronto saw a kick ass show and really believed in the 2002 incarnation, the friends that endured the no show vowed to never support axl ever again and they stood by it 

i even bought 5 tickets to 2017 but by then the band  sucked so much i basically gave them away 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 2

Ive got all their studio albums on CD and then got it on vinyl (minus CDem) when I started to built a vinyl collection. Also have the Tokyo gigs on VHS and DVD.

Went to some concerts, never been much into merch. 

Id like to get some bootlegs I like on vinyl someday, but these are extremely expensive on my country so it may take a while. 

Guess I wont have anything official to spent my money on GNR so.. 

8 hours ago, janrichmond said:

concert tickets '91,92'  2 x '93 and 2 x NITL

all the singles as they were released on CD singles and a couple of mini 3"CD singles (they never really caught on did they)

All the real albums on cd

tour tshirts x 6ish

UYI dvd to replace the VHS ones

making of videos x 3

mugs,coasters,doormat,pyjamas,keyrings

L&L deluxe

various official t shirts

and a shitload of unofficial stuff

Nothing was really bought from '94 to '16

No ChinDem stuff

Like jan, all things from 88 to 94 and no chidem or CD related stuff.

88 Appetite shirt bought in 88

Used to love her shirt bought 89

Appetite on cassette when released 88,

GNR lies vynyl when released in 89,. Patience cassete single 89. Purchased on CD now. 

Both UYI on cassette when released 91. Purchased on CD format now.

Ticket to see GNR sydney 93. Bought tour shirt from same gig.

Dust and bones shirt bought 92 when released.

Bought Duffs solo in cassette 93. Purchased on CD format now

Spaghetti incident on CD and cassette.

Making videos DVD and tokyo on DVD.

Bought snakepit on cassette when released. Both snakepit on CD now.

Never bought live era or GH.

Bought ticket to see all slash tours in oz and tour shirtx4 bought solo and SKMC on CD format .

Total official and non officiial GNR shirts in clothes drawerx11.

GNR Oz tour 2017 tour shirts x7 ( included in the 11 above).

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

1 x AFD (Compact Disk) 

1 x Illusions (Compact disk) 

1 x spaghetti Incident (compact disk)

1 x ticket to NITL in Sydney 

3 x official t shirts 

I also bought a signed Guitar by all members of the current band from a charity auction for $1,500.00 out of Brisbane. They did 2 of these framed guitars and to be fair it looks fucking mint. I was conflicted though by the fact that fortus and frank were on it and not Steven and Izzy but then again it would have sold for a lot more than I could afford if that was the case. 😂 I’m still very happy with it and it takes pride of place in my lounge room. 

finally l... I never purchased CD. I downloaded it on limewire and hated it, so deleted not long afterwards, I have since tried it again and still can’t bring myself to like it lol 

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

1 x AFD (Compact Disk) 

1 x Illusions (Compact disk) 

1 x spaghetti Incident (compact disk)

1 x ticket to NITL in Sydney 

3 x official t shirts 

I also bought a signed Guitar by all members of the current band from a charity auction for $1,500.00 out of Brisbane. They did 2 of these framed guitars and to be fair it looks fucking mint. I was conflicted though by the fact that fortus and frank were on it and not Steven and Izzy but then again it would have sold for a lot more than I could afford if that was the case. 😂 I’m still very happy with it and it takes pride of place in my lounge room. 

finally l... I never purchased CD. I downloaded it on limewire and hated it, so deleted not long afterwards, I have since tried it again and still can’t bring myself to like it lol 

In terms of your last paragraph, some of us feel the same🙂. But each to their own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

In terms of your last paragraph, some of us feel the same🙂. But each to their own.

100% agree 

I don’t judge anyone for their tastes or preferences when it comes to GNR anymore. I’m getting too old for those arguments 😂

Just now, Tadsy said:

100% agree 

I don’t judge anyone for their tastes or preferences when it comes to GNR anymore. I’m getting too old for those arguments 😂

Same here. Would be different if the band released a few more albums since then, but hopefully the current lineup deliver new music.  

• Like 1

On 5-1-2020 at 1:45 AM, Nice Boy said:

How about you? 

I've bought every gnr cd at a record store. So that's AFD, Lies, UYI1, UYI2, TSI, Live Era, Greatest Hits and CD. Never bought any of the DVD's or anything. 

I've been to GnR concerts in 2006, 2010 and 2017 and bought a tourshirt all three times. First time I also bought a wristband. 

Other than that I have a GnR hoodie that I bought at a local market around 1999, so I'm not sure if they get any profit from that.

I refuse to spend any more money on GnR since they're a bunch of lazy moneygrabbing whores with zero fanservice. 

2 hours ago, username said:

I've bought every gnr cd at a record store. So that's AFD, Lies, UYI1, UYI2, TSI, Live Era, Greatest Hits and CD. Never bought any of the DVD's or anything. 

I've been to GnR concerts in 2006, 2010 and 2017 and bought a tourshirt all three times. First time I also bought a wristband. 

Other than that I have a GnR hoodie that I bought at a local market around 1999, so I'm not sure if they get any profit from that.

I refuse to spend any more money on GnR since they're a bunch of lazy moneygrabbing whores with zero fanservice. 

😄 i see your username matches your last paragraph.

I don't really spend anything on them anymore, as they never release anything worth buying! 

I bought t-shirts on the NITL tour, but mainly for souvenirs. Wearing a GNR shirt is a little embarrassing at present, as every 'accessorize with an iconic retro rock t-shirt' clown has taken to wearing one, since they get flogged in high-street stores. 

I can't see me buying anything else again unless it's music related. 

If we assume an average of £75-80 per ticket, then I've spent roughly £2000 on concerts.

Bought all the studio albums (minus Live Era) for about £5 each.

Not bought any of the live VHSes/DVDs/Blu-Rays, or anything related to Locked N' Loaded.

Maybe £100-£150 on t-shirts? Haven't bought a tee since 2012.

Three shirts (one from a gig)

The Chinese Democracy CD

Two mezzanine tickets for a 2016 gig

Appetite for Destruction: Deluxe Edition (CD version)

Appetite for Destruction: Super Deluxe Edition (iTunes version)

i inherited all of the older cd’s from my parents. Also, I once received a guitar tabs book from the UYI era, as a gift.

Edited by rocknroll41

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Three shirts (one from a gig)

The Chinese Democracy CD

Two mezzanine tickets for a 2016 gig

Appetite for Destruction: Deluxe Edition (CD version)

Appetite for Destruction: Super Deluxe Edition (iTunes version)

i inherited all of the older cd’s from my parents. Also, I once received a guitar tabs book from the UYI era, as a gift.

That tab book sounds awesome, used to love those. 

• Like 1