01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

21 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Well, I'm going to call BS on that.  By definition you are reading a thread on the internet about the exact thing that you claim to not be interested in.   So, you have interest.  Most (again not all) individuals outside of forums like this and a few others who are generally knowledgeable about music have no interest or knowledge or concern that GnR may or may not release an album until they actually do. 

If there is a new album I will definitely check it out but I honestly could care less if one is released or not. I don't even care for half the people in the band and Axl doesn't sound good anymore.  Plus I thought the last 3 albums from the Big 3 were all collectively their worst albums to date.  CD, Tenderness and Living the Dream were all pretty bad. That is only my opinion of course. If it comes out and is good, then awesome.. I just don't have high expectations.. The reunion is going on 4 years now. The older they get the less likely it will be any good.  This also isn't the "New Album" thread ;) It is a show thread. I am all about live shows!!!

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

If there is a new album I will definitely check it out but I honestly could care less if one is released or not. I don't even care for half the people in the band and Axl doesn't sound good anymore.  Plus I thought the last 3 albums from the Big 3 were all collectively their worst albums to date.  CD, Tenderness and Living the Dream were all pretty bad. That is only my opinion of course. If it comes out and is good, then awesome.. I just don't have high expectations.. The reunion is going on 4 years now. The older they get the less likely it will be any good.  This also isn't the "New Album" thread ;) It is a show thread. I am all about live shows!!!

Sorry I got my threads mixed up as I read your comment via the notifications thing :wow:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think it's a bad sign for this 'all new show' if the band is only starting rehearsal this Friday. Brace for impact!

Maybe that boast is only for Europe and SA? 

Where's it been said that they're only starting rehearsals this week? 

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think it's a bad sign for this 'all new show' if the band is only starting rehearsal this Friday. Brace for impact!

Maybe that boast is only for Europe and SA? 

How do you know when they started rehearsals?

You know you'd go and see a Christmas show with your parents as a kid, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, perhaps? The posters would always say - "an all new show for 1990" or whatever. And it would be- an all new version of Snow White. Different lights, different costumes, but still Snow White. It never really altered what happened. 

When I see "an all new show for 2020" being promised that's what it reminds me of. New lights, new visuals, maybe even a new stage set.....but ultimately the same. 

I can't think of one instance where a band has started a new tour and had to put "an all new show" on the promos for it. Fans that go and see, say Metallica, know damn well that if they go back to the next tour it IS a new show. They don't need to be told. The fact that we're being promised an "all new show" alone speaks to me that it isn't at all. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

They could have been rehearsing all January for all we know. Don't panic. Just have a towel ready. 

Yeah, I mean, like I jam in bars and things and have done for a long time, but I haven’t been recently because I’ve been too fucking busy, so this will be fun tonight. And then I start Guns rehearsals on Friday!

https://guitar.com/features/interviews/namm-2020-slash-gibson-collection-his-new-gibson-collection-new-guns-n-roses-album/

On 1/17/2020 at 2:33 AM, t-p-d-a said:

I have no problem with that because that's normal for a band you know? A band makin' music. They have fun on stage and it's a good live band.

Same, I would much rather have a new SMKC record and tour at this point if no new GnR is happening.

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah, I mean, like I jam in bars and things and have done for a long time, but I haven’t been recently because I’ve been too fucking busy, so this will be fun tonight. And then I start Guns rehearsals on Friday!

https://guitar.com/features/interviews/namm-2020-slash-gibson-collection-his-new-gibson-collection-new-guns-n-roses-album/

He's referring to Friday January 17th, that interview was conducted on the 16th.

• Thanks 1