01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

3 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

It was Tuesdays for the longest time but the standard for singles and albums got switched to Friday somewhere down the line. 

idk exactly when or why it was, but it switched to friday because that's when billboard now starts their week for counting sales. there's no rule against dropping a song or album any other day, but if you released a song, say, wednesday at midnight, its first week sales would only count for that day and the next. obviously the music industry is still driven by sales and there's a lot of prestige/$$ in maximizing your first week number, so naturally things shifted to friday.

39 minutes ago, vloors said:

Surely though this will get widespread media attention and hype if they did drop a new live song at the venue no matter the crowd attendance. These concerts are also being recorded for tv/media.

Its still mysterious what this upcoming tour is called. Fingers are tightly crossed for it supporting a album. We can only hope.

Side note I had no idea singles were always dropped on Fridays. Learn something new every day.

The biggest event in the US for the entire year will take up the entirety of all media for the rest of the weekend, so there would be little to no media attention. 

Yes, parts of GNRs show is being recorded for TV but only a couple of songs are being broadcast and they're being broadcast in the middle of the night. 

In short, dropping a single on Friday morning is really the only way to go if they're going to try to promote new music. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The biggest event in the US for the entire year will take up the entirety of all media for the rest of the weekend, so there would be little to no media attention. 

Yes, parts of GNRs show is being recorded for TV but only a couple of songs are being broadcast and they're being broadcast in the middle of the night. 

In short, dropping a single on Friday morning is really the only way to go if they're going to try to promote new music. 

New single with the US stadium tour annoucement?

Or just another show lost in the mix in the most corporate weekend of the year

19 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

New single with the US stadium tour annoucement?

Or just another show lost in the mix in the most corporate weekend of the year

I'd love for the former to be the case, but it'll probably just be the latter. 

"All in good faith, I would not hesitate
to extend myself,
and lend you my hand.
But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way.
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away.
Too hard school and you thought you were here to stay.
If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway."

2 minutes ago, vloors said:

Something does drop they have a full month next month to promote it before the tour starts.

Which is why it makes all the sense in the world for Miami to be the time and place. It's something every other band in the world would do if they were in GN'R's position. 

• Like 2

As long as they are in town, I am holding out some tiny hope that they might make a surprise appearance at the Superbowl itself. 

Maybe while Shakira sings 'Hips Don't Lie', Axl could do his old snake dance in the background? 

Or he could duet with JLo? 'I' m still I'm still Axl from the block'! 

Or maybe Slash could fill in as the Cheifs' long snapper? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sausagebrain said:

As long as they are in town, I am holding out some tiny hope that they might make a surprise appearance at the Superbowl itself. 

Maybe while Shakira sings 'Hips Don't Lie', Axl could do his old snake dance in the background? 

Or he could duet with JLo? 'I' m still I'm still Axl from the block'! 

Or maybe Slash could fill in as the Cheifs' long snapper? 

Seeing  axl moving his rotound hips to a song wont be to anyones viewing pleasure. This isnt 87-93 axl.

Also slash has had to many cringy duets and collaborations in the past ( fergie).

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Haha 3

Alright, there are some "affordable" tixs still available. I'm close to Miami, should I waste my money on this one? I'm torn because I already saw NITL twice, if I get the same show I'll be pissed, if I get a new song and don't go I'll be pissed. HELP

2 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

Alright, there are some "affordable" tixs still available. I'm close to Miami, should I waste my money on this one? I'm torn because I already saw NITL twice, if I get the same show I'll be pissed, if I get a new song and don't go I'll be pissed. HELP

Skip it, save the money. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gnr5 said:

It's going to be a great time no matter what

• Like 1