Jump to content

01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, vloors said:

If they want to truly be a surprise they will perform the song live then drop the single immediately afterwards.

I doubt they would drop a single before the performance. The surprise elements gone.

New music is released on Fridays. The entire music industry isn't going to change their standard for GNR. The only way that would work is if they played the song on Friday night, then it was released the following Friday on streaming. 

Having said that, they'd get a whole hell of a lot lore buzz by releasing a single to streaming on Friday morning, then playing it that night as opposed to the 18k or so people in the venue being the only ones to hear it for a week. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I have a good perspective as I saw NILT 6 times, including night one in Vegas and the amazing Apollo show in NYC. Here is my takeaway from the show.  I’m not going to even mention the set

With all due respect, coming from a guy who travels to the UK often for work and has many friends there, why do people like you feel the need to attack/trash/insult an entire country?  Yet, here you a

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

New music is released on Fridays. The entire music industry isn't going to change their standard for GNR. The only way that would work is if they played the song on Friday night, then it was released the following Friday on streaming. 

Having said that, they'd get a whole hell of a lot lore buzz by releasing a single to streaming on Friday morning, then playing it that night as opposed to the 18k or so people in the venue being the only ones to hear it for a week. 

Surely though this will get widespread media attention and hype if they did drop a new live song at the venue no matter the crowd attendance. These concerts are also being recorded for tv/media.

Its still mysterious what this upcoming tour is called. Fingers are tightly crossed for it supporting a album. We can only hope.

Side note I had no idea singles were always dropped on Fridays. Learn something new every day.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

It was Tuesdays for the longest time but the standard for singles and albums got switched to Friday somewhere down the line. 

idk exactly when or why it was, but it switched to friday because that's when billboard now starts their week for counting sales. there's no rule against dropping a song or album any other day, but if you released a song, say, wednesday at midnight, its first week sales would only count for that day and the next. obviously the music industry is still driven by sales and there's a lot of prestige/$$ in maximizing your first week number, so naturally things shifted to friday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, vloors said:

Surely though this will get widespread media attention and hype if they did drop a new live song at the venue no matter the crowd attendance. These concerts are also being recorded for tv/media.

Its still mysterious what this upcoming tour is called. Fingers are tightly crossed for it supporting a album. We can only hope.

Side note I had no idea singles were always dropped on Fridays. Learn something new every day.

 

The biggest event in the US for the entire year will take up the entirety of all media for the rest of the weekend, so there would be little to no media attention. 

Yes, parts of GNRs show is being recorded for TV but only a couple of songs are being broadcast and they're being broadcast in the middle of the night. 

In short, dropping a single on Friday morning is really the only way to go if they're going to try to promote new music. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The biggest event in the US for the entire year will take up the entirety of all media for the rest of the weekend, so there would be little to no media attention. 

Yes, parts of GNRs show is being recorded for TV but only a couple of songs are being broadcast and they're being broadcast in the middle of the night. 

In short, dropping a single on Friday morning is really the only way to go if they're going to try to promote new music. 

New single with the US stadium tour annoucement?

Or just another show lost in the mix in the most corporate weekend of the year

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

New single with the US stadium tour annoucement?

Or just another show lost in the mix in the most corporate weekend of the year

I'd love for the former to be the case, but it'll probably just be the latter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"All in good faith, I would not hesitate
to extend myself,
and lend you my hand.
But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way.
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away.
Too hard school and you thought you were here to stay.
If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway."

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vloors said:

Something does drop they have a full month next month to promote it before the tour starts.

Which is why it makes all the sense in the world for Miami to be the time and place. It's something every other band in the world would do if they were in GN'R's position. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

What would be the best way to watch the performance for those of us outside the US?

To wait a few hours for someone's rip uploaded on the net. 

Edited by jamillos
Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as they are in town, I am holding out some tiny hope that they might make a surprise appearance at the Superbowl itself. 

Maybe while Shakira sings 'Hips Don't Lie', Axl could do his old snake dance in the background? 

 

Or he could duet with JLo? 'I' m still I'm still Axl from the block'! 

 

Or maybe Slash could fill in as the Cheifs' long snapper? 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RussTCB unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...