01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

1 hour ago, GNRfanJen said:

I’m sure the band is aware of this. The Super Bowl is an all day event. People will have their televisions on the channel hours before the game itself. I’m sure Axl is mindful enough to know that means millions of viewers. Surely...surely he’ll bring his A game (and maybe a new song while he’s at it). 

Then again, the last 2 Rock in Rio performances I'm sure Axl was aware of the millions of viewers :lol:

• Sad 1

Looking forward to seeing what songs they choose to be broadcast (if any at all). Hopefully something that showcases them on top form. Chinese and Jungle would be playing it safe, though even something like Patience, when Axl is on his game, smashes that out of the park. Just hoping it's not Sweet Child, YCBM, November Rain or PC.

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

At the moment axl cannot sound as bad as david lee roth at the moment going from roths vegas residency at the moment.....

Im predicting berlin 2018 levels of vocal delivery.

Is fox television a subsudary of fox news?. I ask as im suprised any "rights" allowed to fox would be allowed as politically, the band are to the left.

Fox Network and Fox News are both subsidiaries of News Corporation. 

Even if it was, I don't see the issue. The band gets paid for the broadcast rights. Plenty of country artists that are politically to the right perform on networks that are subsidiaries of companies that lean left.

The fact that something like this is seen as an issue is a sad statement on the state of society. Political views shouldn't be involved in every aspect of life.

Edited by Gnrcane
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Looking forward to seeing what songs they choose to be broadcast (if any at all). Hopefully something that showcases them on top form. Chinese and Jungle would be playing it safe, though even something like Patience, when Axl is on his game, smashes that out of the park. Just hoping it's not Sweet Child, YCBM, November Rain or PC.

I’m not sure if Jungle can still be included in the "playing it safe" box though. It surely was up until 2018... I’d say Easy or Mr. B. Almost no rasp throughout, played million times, nothing to ruin it. I'd love to be wrong here. 

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I’m not sure if Jungle can still be included in the "playing it safe" box though. It surely was up until 2018... I’d say Easy or Mr. B. Almost no rasp throughout, played million times, nothing to ruin it. I'd love to be wrong here. 

Weren't the Jungle's from the 2019 leg all decent though? Dunno why Axl opted out from the intro, but for the most part I thought they were alright. Lets see what happens. 

I just hope to fucking god they use this as a platform to do something that indicates something will happen this year. They won't, but I've been hopeful for the longest time that I may aswell continue to be so :lol:

• Like 4

It’d never happen because these aren’t the band’s #1 hits (not to mention this is said everytime this situation pops up) but they’d really be wise to broadcast ISE/Chinese/Jungle as even if Jungle is a little airy it wouldn’t give a bad image of the band. Something like a Mickey SCOM would definitely hurt the image of Axl though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Weren't the Jungle's from the 2019 leg all decent though? Dunno why Axl opted out from the intro, but for the most part I thought they were alright. Lets see what happens. 

I just hope to fucking god they use this as a platform to do something that indicates something will happen this year. They won't, but I've been hopeful for the longest time that I may aswell continue to be so :lol:

Probably. Thing is, if Axl sucks that night, WTTJ is the first and ultimate giveaway. Not good for a pro-shot. :D 

32 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Probably. Thing is, if Axl sucks that night, WTTJ is the first and ultimate giveaway. Not good for a pro-shot. :D 

It would have big shoes to fill though!

I didn't think it could get any worse than Rio 2011, but Axl defied those incredible odds and proved everyone wrong with Bridge School :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The issue is people at the concert no one really pays attention to how good Axl sounds/are distracted/drunk/just having fun. The second a pro shot comes out it’ll only highlight how weak Axl really sounds (not trying to get into vocal discussion territory btw) which will hurt sales and public perception.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

I'd be absolutely stunned if FOX aired It's So Easy or Mr. Brownstone (given the contexts and lyrics of those two songs) on national, cable television. A chopped-up highlight reel of Jungle, KOHD, November Rain, Sweet Child, Paradise City, etc., seems like a safer bet.

Just now, 3rd Wheel said:

I'd be absolutely stunned if FOX aired It's So Easy or Mr. Brownstone (given the contexts and lyrics of those two songs) on national, cable television. A chopped-up highlight reel of Jungle, KOHD, November Rain, Sweet Child, Paradise City, etc., seems like a safer bet.

Yeah, I doubt they'll air anywhere near the whole show. 

We'll get a better idea once the TV listings are up for that week. The person who posted on HTGTH said that it'll be aired at 11pm on 01/31, but to be honest that doesn't make any sense. 

The GN'R show itself would just be finishing up at 11pm, right? Plus the Maroon 5 show doesn't happen until the night after though. 

Again, we'll know more once there's actual TV listings out for that week. 

Now that I think about it – could Guns make a deal with the TV station as to determine what songs should be aired? I believe there was some kind of a deal in the past (back around 2010) where the stations were only allowed a part of the first song or two songs or something (Jungle/CD etc.). So maybe they could try this now, to make a proper promo without showing the sucky side...

34 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Now that I think about it – could Guns make a deal with the TV station as to determine what songs should be aired? I believe there was some kind of a deal in the past (back around 2010) where the stations were only allowed a part of the first song or two songs or something (Jungle/CD etc.). So maybe they could try this now, to make a proper promo without showing the sucky side...

I think that's what will happen. I'm guessing they'll show it on Sunday during the pre game coverage and fheyll show the 3 best songs the band gives them to broadcast. 

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I think that's what will happen. I'm guessing they'll show it on Sunday during the pre game coverage and fheyll show the 3 best songs the band gives them to broadcast. 

That would be cool. Just 2 1/2 weeks and we'll see what's what!