01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I doubt they'll air anywhere near the whole show. 

We'll get a better idea once the TV listings are up for that week. The person who posted on HTGTH said that it'll be aired at 11pm on 01/31, but to be honest that doesn't make any sense. 

The GN'R show itself would just be finishing up at 11pm, right? Plus the Maroon 5 show doesn't happen until the night after though. 

Again, we'll know more once there's actual TV listings out for that week. 

Pretty sure it's being aired at 11PM EST on 2/1 (Saturday night) on FOX

2 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

its actually the worst time.  This is not a gnr concert, its a superbowl party.  Casual fans partying etc.  You play a few hits and move on.

If its getting tv exposure though its a great time to show the world new songs are here.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, vloors said:

If its getting tv exposure though its a great time to show the world new songs are here.

Yep. What they need to do that weekend is

1) announce a new album, with the release date

2) drop a single on that Friday 

3) have the single used as commerical bumpers during the game

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Hopefully there is a new song and album. I do wonder the logic of putting Axl in front of a national television audience. I hope it’s not a 2002 VMA debacle - rooting for him!

Well it hopefully wont be bridge school or RIR 2011 again......

20 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Well it hopefully wont be bridge school or RIR 2011 again......

For me, Bridge School is the absolute worst case scenario followed ever so closely by RIR 2011. 

Here's hoping whatever gets broadcast is a far cry from either. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Hoping thats the case. Could also be why feb is free. A whole month to further promote a new album before starting the tour for it.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

In a perfect world, or with another band/management i could see this happen... 😀  

But we expected this, almost everytime a new tour(leg) kicked off...

I'm prepairing for another let down... 🙁

• Sad 1

The thing is, not only don’t they follow any logical path in their activities, but they themselves have said on a couple of occasions that they like to do things a different way, surprising people. Which could mean that since they must be expecting us to expect them to show something new in Miami, maybe it will be just another NITL show for this reason, and the new stuff might be held back until March.

Then again, that would be bad advertising, which is TB’s turf and they wouldn't like that, so maybe it won’t happen.

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The thing is, not only don’t they follow any logical path in their activities, but they themselves have said on a couple of occasions that they like to do things a different way, surprising people. Which could mean that since they must be expecting us to expect them to show something new in Miami, maybe it will be just another NITL show for this reason, and the new stuff might be held back until March.

Then again, that would be bad advertising, which is TB’s turf and they wouldn't like that, so maybe it won’t happen.

idk, that line just seems like a lame excuse for mostly not saying anything at all cause no one knows what exactly will happen or how until Axl is actually doing it lol. Keepin' it mysterious = we don't know when Axl will feel like doing something different/cool/productive

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

idk, that line just seems like a lame excuse for mostly not saying anything at all cause no one knows what exactly will happen or how until Axl is actually doing it lol. Keepin' it mysterious = we don't know when Axl will feel like doing something different/cool/productive

That's a nice signature you have there, buddy! :lol: :headbang:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

For me, Bridge School is the absolute worst case scenario followed ever so closely by RIR 2011. 

Here's hoping whatever gets broadcast is a far cry from either. 

+1

But NuAxl had a run of pretty bad first few shows these past tours, so I'm not getting my hopes up. 

I wish I could say that I feel like Axl will be bringing his A game because 2020 will be the year of new music. But this is GN'R, optimism doesn't seem to belong.

I thought I heard a mention of this SB festivites show during playoffs. SB has many entertainment things SB during SB week. For the SB fans of ,dare I say 49ers and KCChiefs, my hunch anyway,  GnR will give a good performance. I think SB will be SF49ers and KCChiefs.:P,my hunch.  My opinion, being messy here, GnR short performance, short setlist. WTTJ, SCOM as bookends. Songs in the middle, ,PC ,NovR, and about 4 more in the middle. Rated G versions.  Shorter versions.                                                                          To anyone here going to SB, week and game, LUCKY. Have a great time. My NFL team  did not make ip the playoffs did not think they were, but I am excited about anyway.                        I am going look up who else is  playing this SB week concert besides GnR. 

Edited by Amaya

On 1/12/2020 at 5:35 PM, gnr5 said:

Im in Miami. $230 for a decent seat, same seat is going for $275+fees on Ticketmaster. 

Do I pull the trigger?

Yes. Go. It is  SB week event.  

On 1/12/2020 at 5:35 PM, gnr5 said:

Edited by Amaya

30 minutes ago, Amaya said:

I thought I heard a mention of this SB festivites show during playoffs. SB has many entertainment things SB during SB week. For the SB fans of ,dare I say 49ers and Greenbay, my hunch anyway,  GnR will give a good performance. I think SB will be SF49ers and Greenbay.:P,my hunch.  My opinion, being messy here, GnR short performance, short setlist. WTTJ, SCOM as bookends. Songs in the middle, ,PC ,NovR, and about 4 more in the middle. Rated G versions.  Shorter versions.                              To anyone here going to SB, week and game, LUCKY. Have a greatvtime. My NFL did not make, did not think they wete, but I am excited about anyway.                   I am going look up who else is  playing this SB week concert besides GnR. 

This is going to be a full GNR show, its an arena show with GNR production. I predict a 3hr set as usual.

1 minute ago, gnr5 said:

This is going to be a full GNR show, its an arena show with GNR production. I predict a 3hr set as usual.

Ohhhhhhh.   That makes a BIG difference. You are going to see just them in a concert of theirs AND SB week, ooohh, wow. HUGE SHOW. I think, assume, they will extend songs,  but G rated, lol, , switch it up from their regular concerts. All the hits for that audience. For you all going, double win. GnR full concert and SB week. 

3 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

+1

But NuAxl had a run of pretty bad first few shows these past tours, so I'm not getting my hopes up. 

I wish I could say that I feel like Axl will be bringing his A game because 2020 will be the year of new music. But this is GN'R, optimism doesn't seem to belong.

I know you are tired of hearing me say SB week. I think he will bring his A game and better.   Rested up and this thing is seriously rehearsed.  Besides, GnR fans, you have a huge audience of his fellow entertainers who might pop up on stage,  head honchos from everywhere any company,  NFL staff , etc.   

1 hour ago, Amaya said:

I know you are tired of hearing me say SB week. I think he will bring his A game and better.   Rested up and this thing is seriously rehearsed.  Besides, GnR fans, you have a huge audience of his fellow entertainers who might pop up on stage,  head honchos from everywhere any company,  NFL staff , etc.   

There's absolutely no reason to think they will have any special guests for this show. There's also no history of Axl caring about needing to be well prepared for a big audience. 

• Like 2

I am being optimistic RussTCB.   If Axl wants to embarrass himself, lol. Okeydokey. This is not going to be just his real fans. I was wrong about 49ers AND  GBPackers.  BOTH are NFC. I think 49ers and KCChiefs.  My NFC team did not make it far it the playoffs snd no way my team could have beat 49ers or GBay.  I still upset about last years playoffs 2018. 

Edited by Amaya