01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

3 minutes ago, Politania said:

have fun no  matter what ppl say! It's going to my third show in Warsaw, and I'm going to have good time, no matter if they play same set list or not! :) ( including super crazy people I always meet :) )

Thanks 😀

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I have a good perspective as I saw NILT 6 times, including night one in Vegas and the amazing Apollo show in NYC. Here is my takeaway from the show.  I’m not going to even mention the set

With all due respect, coming from a guy who travels to the UK often for work and has many friends there, why do people like you feel the need to attack/trash/insult an entire country?  Yet, here you a

Posted Images

Unless there’s a plan for the band to make a surprise appearance at the halftime show and debut something new, last night’s show was a massive disappointment. It’s just illogical, and insulting to the true fans, to roll out the same set list when a “new chapter” was being touted.

I didn’t want to believe that a tour in 2020 would be nothing but a cash grab, but it’s now difficult to think otherwise.

21 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Unless there’s a plan for the band to make a surprise appearance at the halftime show and debut something new, last night’s show was a massive disappointment. It’s just illogical, and insulting to the true fans, to roll out the same set list when a “new chapter” was being touted.

I didn’t want to believe that a tour in 2020 would be nothing but a cash grab, but it’s now difficult to think otherwise.

Not sure if the next South American / Europe legs will be all new and different but I guess this Miami show was one just between the last leg and the next....not related to whatever and business as usual...
(...and for a first show after a time out it was very good....there have been worse first shows)

I guess the eye now shifts to SA. I kinda guessed last might would be the same old business as usual. I like that that they are moving into songs much quicker, those first 6 songs were played with no breaks. I didn't like that Axl was obviously struggling to keep up with the band. If I was in a band and the singer was having trouble keeping up with the music, I'd slow down the tempo to let them get their breath. If I heard them struggling to reach high notes, I'd transpose or tune down.... if I was the singer of a band and I was about to go on national tv, I wouldn't half ass the prep. 

Haven't seen many mention how bad the broadcast is going to be. It's not rio/bridge school... but jungle was poor which almost always gets aired, and so were the majority big big hits.

As for you're  crazy, it sounded like he couldn't decide how to sing, almost like he hadn't tried it before in rehearsals. 

Considering how could you're crazy sounded in 2012 this was far, far from good.

37 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If I was in a band and the singer was having trouble keeping up with the music, I'd slow down the tempo to let them get their breath.

In Axl's case slowing down the tempo definitely wouldn't help. Axl's at his best in fast paced songs like SOYL. It's much easier for him to sing with rasp in quick bursts of screams instead of long dragged out singing. Nice Boys is a good example of this. He always sounds great, strong and raspy in Nice Boys EXCEPT when he had to sing it in a much slower pace when he sang it with Angry Anderson. He sounded like Mickey when he had to sing it in a slower pace, but he always sounds badass on that song when they do it in fast tempo.

Rocket Queen is a good example of a slower paced GNR song. Axl never sounds good on it.

Going out of breath is not really Axl's problem. He has just permanently lost a bit of his voice and there's nothing he or anyone else can do about it.

Edited by Lies They Tell
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Amaya said:

No it is not the cynical Brit in you. Personally, I think it is just still unbelievable. Here in the USA, things are done overboard. I like how they dedicated KOHD, but why not a flash  picture of all 9 . These were Kobe's friends. His pilot. His daughters 2 friends.Rheir parebts. His daughter's coach.  I am sure Snoop had a dedication too..  We ain't seen nothing.  I am SURE before or after The National Anthem, there will be a dedication moment if silence. I know at half tume, Jennifer Lopez , will do a dedication. No you are not cynical, but yes, overkill with everone jumping in the dedication bandwagon,it seems tacky. 

Here in the states if you didn’t know that more died, you’d think it was just Kobe.  Hardly even a mention of the 8 others.  There was another family who lost the mom, dad and daughter leaving an  orphaned sister behind.  This tragedy involved more that the Bryant’s.  

Listening to bits and pieces of the show and Slither is so strange, Axl like slips in and out of this really powerful voice in the second chorus, if he could pull that off for more then a second at a time it would kick ass

3 hours ago, Creed said:

The Kobe Tribute thing was a bit odd...we all know Axl was an Iverson fan.

Your anger is a bit over the top. But there is absolutely no excuse that they didnt play The Seeker and Wichita Lineman...there is no excuse.

And yet they sold Laker colored basketball jerseys back in 02 with Kobe's number 8 and the name Rose on the back.......  Do some homework please

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, SMG said:

This place is TOXIC AS FUCK RIGHT NOW.

And that's coming from a toxic motherfucker

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am as outspoken as anyone but this place is definitely getting old

I honestly hear where both of you are coming from. I'm honestly not sure what to do about it though. I've always said this is the site that allows all opinions and I can't see changing that now just because the overall tone has shifted. 

I'm as guilty as anyone of a LOT of negativity as of late, but I really don't know what to do about that. Personally, I have a long track record (nearly 20 years) of defending so many things that Axl & GN'R have done. Anything that's come out of my mouth, no matter how unpopular, has been true. Every time I've defended the band, I've meant it from my heart. 

There just hasn't been much for me to defend over the past couple of years though and it's not just the shows themselves that I've been disappointed with. I can't speak about the quality of last night's show. I clicked on an fb link at some point, saw the curved screen, heard about 5 seconds of Estranged and clicked off. So I can't say anything about the show itself, really.

Again though, I can totally understand how & why many others are being negative. I think GNR fans as a whole are just leaning hard one way right now and I can't be in favor of censoring that. It would take such little effort on the part of the band to turn it around, but they just refuse to do the smallest thing that would make their hard cores fans happy. 

I'm only saying this because for better or worse, I often end up being the face of the forum so to speak. So I thought it would be a good idea if I threw my thoughts out there on the current situation. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I watched it up to Rocket Queen and enjoyed it.  Might be time to stop following the threads on this site. The band isn't perfect but it was a good show.. This was more like a one off show warm up show and was better than others like it in the past.  The tour isn't even for another month on a half.  They changed the order around a bit.. The dropped a couple covers. They added the slow version of You're Crazy for the first time in 27 years and did a damn fine job with it.  The last handful of shows played before this they brought in Locomotive and Dead Horse. Most of their peer hard rock bands don't change one song for a whole tour. 

It is what it is at this point.. Take it or leave it because it isn't going to last forever.  These threads are like a morgue but I can tell you while watching it real time all you see is a constant stream of Facebook Hearts being clicked the entire stream.

Better was the only song played all night that I don't care for.  Looking at that setlist, I would have had a blast the whole night. I love those songs..

I am as outspoken as anyone but this place is definitely getting old

It's unusual to see someone who likes Chinese Democracy (the song) but hates Better. Usually when it comes to people who dislike Nu Guns Better is one of the few tracks they like and CD one of the ones they always hate.

• RussTCB unpinned this topic