01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I have a good perspective as I saw NILT 6 times, including night one in Vegas and the amazing Apollo show in NYC. Here is my takeaway from the show.  I’m not going to even mention the set

With all due respect, coming from a guy who travels to the UK often for work and has many friends there, why do people like you feel the need to attack/trash/insult an entire country?  Yet, here you a

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, SMG said:

This place is TOXIC AS FUCK RIGHT NOW.

You know what happens when you treat your fanbase like dogshit year after year?

YOU GET WHAT YOU FUCKIN DESERVE!!!

And this is coming from someone who believes that the band owes us nothing. At the same time we don't owe the band anything either. So go ahead and rip this band to pieces. You don't have to pretend like you enjoy what they're offering.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

It's unusual to see someone who likes Chinese Democracy (the song) but hates Better. Usually when it comes to people who dislike Nu Guns Better is one of the few tracks they like and CD one of the ones they always hate.

Better literally makes the cringe. Those opening verses are among the most unlistenable things I have ever heard in music. I can't even get past them and Axl sounds so weird.. I have liked the song CD since they played it at that first Rock In RIO.. I wouldn't say I love it.. I don't care so much for the studio version but I don't mind it live. 

Its time to get over this. We can pretend GnR do the magic they have in the 90's.... or a Axl 06 or 2010.

The thing is.... just eat your shit with your mouth shut.

Time to grown up. Just wait the releasing shows from UYI tour in 2035.

I know its almost unpresentable the way he sings some songs or the way they are still doing the NITL tour. But you know... we are just the 1% of the fan base that go to the shows.

We are nothing. Eat your shit.

Im eating it.

Adding: Just a prayer now: Please dont do this on Lolla Chile. Please dont fuck me in the ass.

Edited by axlvai
Addin

i really hope the band isint reading this forum.

If i would be Axl, or even 4tus and reading this shit, id be mentally destroyed by the hate.

Its fair to hope for a new album, but criticising every rough note, hair, weight, the setlist ect is too much.

Edited by rebeldhipi
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nothing you can do about it.. The people that are constantly saying the band is over and done or is dead to them should just leave. Like I have said, I don't like everything about the band. I still don't like some of the members but it has been 4 years.. I am not going to bitch about it everyday.  I try and find the positives to balance it off because life is short and this could all be over tomorrow. 

Like I said last post, they switched up the order a bit, they dropped a few covers, they added they haven't played in almost 30 years, The last handful of shows they played before this the added Dead Horse and Locomotive which was cool as fuck. If you look at the setlist subjectively they make subtle changes along the way..  Staples Like OTGM, Michelle, BHS, WL have been rested. They throw in Yesterday's, UTLH and stuff here and there. They tried almost every damn song off CD. They even tried a fucking James Brown song.  There was never a time in their career that they changed the sets up any more than they do now.  That is folklore. 

I haven't seen them so SOYL, Slither, Locomotive, Dead Horse or You're Crazy and I have seen them 3 times since the reunion.  I would love for them to come my way again. It has been a couple years. 

As someone said, they still play about 25 songs and play for over 3 hours. Aerosmith plays 15 songs.. They could do that and play a different setlist every night for sure. 

Cold they switch up the opener? That would be cool but everyone in the crowd always seems to go nuts for it night show after show..

They did actually used to change the set up...at least not open with the same song every night. Go back and look at the old setlist from the uyi tour.  It was not cookie cutter every night.

2 minutes ago, sibidy7 said:

They did actually used to change the set up...at least not open with the same song every night. Go back and look at the old setlist from the uyi tour.  It was not cookie cutter every night.

To be fair only a few bands do that now. Most major productions are mainly the same set every night

• Like 1

I’ve been a fan since AFD came out.  I won’t bore you with my “true fan credentials.” They do what they do because their audience loves it.  It shows in ticket sales.  
Yes, they are older and different from being misfits in their 20s.  Yes, we may never see a new album.  They won’t just put a weak product out there.

i was excited to read how last night was.  Video clips, interesting observations, etc.  but the complaining and complaining about complaining is insane.  It’s repetitive and boring.  We might as well have a checklist where you can vote on your complaint.  I can no longer weed through 50 pages of repetitive complaints and debates.  

it’s like complaining about the color of the sky.  It won’t change.  Accept it and move on.  This doesn’t have to be like the other guy’s cheerleading site.  But ask yourself if you’re really contributing to a productive, interesting discussion.  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I appreciate your opinion, but it has been said numerous times over the last 4 years. It's time to stop apologising for this band's laziness. 

The band is here to make money period.  Just like anyone who gets up every day to go to their job.  If they’re lazy, it’s certainly not affecting ticket sales, so why would they care?   

16 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

i really hope the band isint reading this forum.

If i would be Axl, or even 4tus and reading this shit, id be mentally destroyed by the hate.

Its fair to hope for a new album, but criticising every rough note, hair, weight, the setlist ect is too much.

Don’t go to gnfnr forum

The only thing that really puzzles and annoys me (apart from the lack of new music) is that they keep playing songs like YCBM, Better, RQ which Axl can't sing anymore instead of some UYI low range tracks like YATF, Bad Obsession or Pretty Tied Up. That would make the setlist more interesting and probably easier to sing for Axl. I don't think he can sing the current set much better than he did last night at this point. Yes he could go and see his vocal coach more often (even though we don't know whether he does or not), but even vocal coaches are no magicians, they can't make Axl sound like in the 90s or 2006 or even 2016. I think he's too old and his voice is too shot from doing 3-4 hour GNR sets (+ACDC in 2016). So as long as they don't adapt the setlist to Axl's current voice, shows like last night are probably all we can get. 

And I didn't think he sounded too bad yesterday (apart from Better), I think he was well prepared and it was no Berlin or Monterrey, it was more like 2019, where the 1st couple of shows were good as well but there was no room for improvement left as the 2019 leg continued 

Edit: and I don't think Axl sounding the way he does is because he's not trying or he doesn't care or something like that, I think he tries really hard during the shows, probably too hard sometimes so that it sounds unhealthy, but I really think that at this point and at his age, he isnt able to do better than this

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

The only thing that really puzzles and annoys me (apart from the lack of new music) is that they keep playing songs like YCBM, Better, RQ which Axl can't sing anymore instead of some UYI low range tracks like YATF, Bad Obsession or Pretty Tied Up. That would make the setlist more interesting and probably easier to sing for Axl. I don't think he can sing the current set much better than he did last night at this point. Yes he could go and see his vocal coach more often (even though we don't know whether he does or not), but even vocal coaches are no magicians, they can't make Axl sound like in the 90s or 2006 or even 2016. I think he's too old and his voice is too shot from doing 3-4 hour GNR sets (+ACDC in 2016). So as long as they don't adapt the setlist to Axl's current voice, shows like last night are probably all we can get. 

And I didn't think he sounded too bad yesterday (apart from Better), I think he was well prepared and it was no Berlin or Monterrey, it was more like 2019, where the 1st couple of shows were good as well but there was no room for improvement left as the 2019 leg continued 

I would be up for taking away Better and putting in Bad Obsession. I think RQ will always be there since it seems like the song is Slash's personal favorite. It's also one of my favorite songs  as well. I doubt that YCBM will be taken out. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Also on the bright side is that they’re playing twice the size of the set list Aerosmith is currently playing for roughly the same price

Aerosmith at least have the virtue of having a singer who doesn't sound like shit every night.

• Like 2

I think it would be a lot easier for a lot of people if they were to just come out and say, “we aren’t releasing shit” (if that is actually the case, who knows). That way, if people want to drop out due to lack of interest, they can, instead of hanging on and hoping year after year. But Chinese taught us that it will come, eventually. The reunion taught us that it will come, eventually. That’s why I still have this endless amount of hope despite everything. They are my favorite band and always will be, so I’ll always be here. 

I enjoyed following along with the show last night. Other than a couple of rough spots, Axl sounded good. You’re Crazy was a nice surprise, and it’s cool that Dead Horse was played again as that’s one of my favorites. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I think the BIGGEST issue is the leadership of this board.  @RussTCB and @Downzy have to really look at themselves and ask how they have contributed to the negativity of the board and how they can improve upon the board. As an outsider who has an objective point, I think their negative feelings towards TB and the band has contributed to the backlash that this board has received. Last night, the HTGTH message board had FB links to the show. This board didn't. 

This board is now the polar opposite of what Jarmo did back in the late 2000s to early 2010s. At the time, you couldn't talk about anything negative. Everything had to be positive even though it wasn't the case. It seems like he has improved on that. Here it seems the opposite. 

I'll probably be more active in the HTGTH message board since it's now back to being more active. When I signed up on this board in 2016, it was much better. It's become too toxic. GNR is a band that I have always enjoyed. The music and attitude has helped me to get through a lot due to having a disability. I don't want something that I enjoy become toxic to me. 

I agree with the negativity.  Like wtf, they are who they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RussTCB unpinned this topic