01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

Why can't the band just sound good? Anyway, people should just pretend to like it or else they're, like, creating such a toxic environment, y'know?

Band sounds very good in this proshot, Slash is spot on. Only Axl sounds a bit weak but he never really did this song a justice 

5 hours ago, Dangom1 said:

When Axl spoke about Kobe before Heaven's door, he said something about leaving rehearsal, so he was rehearsing before the Miami show, maybe just maybe, they are working on new songs for the upcoming tour and didn't feel ready to do it in Miami? Fingers crossed 

Yes, seems like he rehearsed.

Edited by AFGnR

Don't mean to be a killjoy, but I can't fathom how anyone can listen to this and think it is anything short of abysmal.

I accept that it is probably the best he can do at this point - turning 58 this month. 

But, they continue to sell out and make money, so who cares? When people are buying your garbage product, what motivation do you have to improve upon it if people are continuing to pour out money for it. 

I was disappointed in '16, and can honestly say I haven't given GNR a dime since then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

They should just write a new album where Axl sings mainly in his low-to-mid register. Then tour with a setlist of new material plus a few older safe bets like Its So Easy, Brownstone, DTJ etc.  

Coz these whiny Mickie versions of SCOM, NR, YCBM, Estranged etc are getting worse with every passing year. Besides, they’ve been absolutely toured to death the past 20 years. 

Thats why this tour is so damn frustrating. We’ve already heard Axl struggle through these songs a million times already. And other than a few songs towards the beginning of the show - it gets a bit cringe to listen to. It’s basically the band carrying him at times. It’s high time to just get in the studio and stop beating the cash cow

The ballads are cringeworthy. It sounds like Herbert the Pervert from family guy with that shrill, nasaly falsetto. 

A few songs are passable, but the entire GNR catalog was designed to be sung by a guy in his 20's with power to his voice. Not singling Axl out either - it is just as sad watching Motley Crue, or Bon Jovi, and most bands from that era try to perform songs that are just grossly out of their wheelhouse anymore. 

• Like 1

Tbh i prefer this falsetto SCOM to the raspy one. It just works for me and gives the song more light hearted attitude. For example Tokyo 92 one is too angry and too raspy. So ye i think that its one of the songs where falsetto works pretty well. Still dont care much bout this song being played live its fuckin raped to death

1 minute ago, Kranich said:

Tbh i prefer this falsetto SCOM to the raspy one. It just works for me and gives the song more light hearted attitude. For example Tokyo 92 one is too angry and too raspy. So ye i think that its one of the songs where falsetto works pretty well. Still dont care much bout this song being played live its fuckin raped to death

You're comparing extremes here. Yes, Tokyo was coarse (I love it, though), but that's not how he usually did it in the old era. That's like comparing it to Noblesville 91.
And this Miami version was really bad. 

Its impossible to gnr stops playin SCOM. Its the song that ppl pay to ear in a GnR concert.... what a shame. 

I dont blame gnr here.... that song put gnr in the top. But i blame Axl to makin that song sounds totally different (in a bad way).

I hope he try another tone or something. 

I happened to be watching when GNR came on.  The band sounded great but axl was horrendous.  No way that performance will get any new fans.  It was cringeworthy.  Reminded me of Vince Neil clips. I saw them in 2018 Thought it was a good show. You don’t notice what you do watching sitting at home on your couch.  I thought it was really bad. Slash was great though and looked cool. Axl needs to just be a studio musician.  He looked and sounded completely ridiculous 

• Like 1

I am late to  the 21st by a few years already  BECAUSE THAT century already started  a few years ago.  I just got Roku. Dont laugh.  GnR SB Fest show clip of SCofM is on you tube. Watching  it this morning on tv on you tube, kind of felt 1980s MTV again . So I watched the b/w MTV video as well on tv.

That SCOM performance is just so weak. There's no power in Axl's vocals, he sounds out of breath the whole time. Go back to 2016-2017 he's singing it in the same clean style but with power and good breath control. He either needs to pack it in or suck it up and go see his vocal coach. Can't fathom why Axl's so cool with being unprepared and sounding like shit and why Slash/Duff just let it happen. No way am I spending £130/ticket to see that mess.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Not that this is a shock to anyone, but the Kobe Bryant-dedicated KOHD video that was embedded in an article written by Ult Classic Rock just yesterday has already been taken off of YouTube. 

Edit: There is a re-upload that is up on there, for now anyway if anyone wants to check it out.  

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Confused 1

The touching tribute to Kobe, Gianna and the other families was incredible and sad at the same time which made me think of something.

We all know that today can be our final on earth and we just never know in life, which makes me live every day to the fullest.

Im just wondering if Axl is thinking the same way and cause of this horrible tragedy, he mans up and releases the new music, cause he just doesn’t know if he,‘lol be alive to do so

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaoloLA said:

The touching tribute to Kobe, Gianna and the other families was incredible and sad at the same time which made me think of something.

We all know that today can be our final on earth and we just never know in life, which makes me live every day to the fullest.

Im just wondering if Axl is thinking the same way and cause of this horrible tragedy, he mans up and releases the new music, cause he just doesn’t know if he,‘lol be alive to do so

I wouldn't hold your breath.

• Like 1

My 50 cents on the SCOM video: Axl was way better than I was expecting from the audience vids. The band also did a great job BTW. Same goes to the soundboard people, audio very well mixed, wish we had more pro-shots like that. 

In fact the video dissipated a lot of negativity I was feeling regarding this show.

Of all the songs performed, yes, they picked the most "popular" among casual fans, I suppose but they don't know what we do.

Like the poster said a few pages back, Sweet Child hasn't sounded good at all since 2010. 

If Axl had any type of choice what was broadcast, it probably should've been anything sung in his lower register.... Chinese Democracy, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone.

Sadly, they show this, which wasn't nearly as bad as I thought or as bad as it could've been but still.... Missed opportunity to have picked a single song ahead of time, sing it well and impress the masses instead of giving them reason to bash Axl on social media. 

I dunno. Axl does look slimmer but that doesn't seem to have improved his voice.  :/