01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Same exact thing with David Lee Roth also

LOL, I kid you not, I almost mentioned Dave too. You're totally right. 

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Just saw the proshot

People overblowing shit as usual. Axl looks better tbh

I couldn't care less how he looks, I care how he sounds. He sounds awful in that SCOM performance, which is unfortunate. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I have a good perspective as I saw NILT 6 times, including night one in Vegas and the amazing Apollo show in NYC. Here is my takeaway from the show.  I’m not going to even mention the set

With all due respect, coming from a guy who travels to the UK often for work and has many friends there, why do people like you feel the need to attack/trash/insult an entire country?  Yet, here you a

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, I kid you not, I almost mentioned Dave too. You're totally right. 

I couldn't care less how he looks, I care how he sounds. He sounds awful in that SCOM performance, which is unfortunate. 

Sounds the same as he has on that song through the entire tour in my honest opinion 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thank you! People always talk about Vince like he used to sound good. Vince has never been a good singer. 

Hell of a lot better than he is now though! He was never great but used to be good enough to pull of a great live show.  I think he was best during the generation Swine tour when he had something to prove.  

Edited by Tom-Ass
10 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Sounds the same as he has on that song through the entire tour in my honest opinion 

Right, which is terrible unfortunately. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right, which is terrible unfortunately. 

To me he has never sounded good on that song live. It's either too much rasp that makes it sound like he has someone shredding his vocal chords with  glass(89-93) or none at all. Nothing like the studio version which is like a pristine mid range with slight distortion  . Maybe they should have his vocal track added with like a slight overdrive on it (although that may make it sound worse)

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

He simply doesn’t have a voice to perform like the studio versions for a show let alone an entire tour anymore. This is and has been the reality for a while. 1st night of a return is also not the best way to judge where everything is....

That being said, it’s not due to a lack preparation. If he went out there cold without doing anything to prepare, he’d blow his voice out the 3rd week of a run and have to cancel a tour.

This is just where Axl is in his 50’s, having to sing with that style and more importantly using different registers. It ain’t AC/DC... If all he needed to do was sing Shadow every song, it would be much easier

• Like 1

Axl being awesome in ACDC has NOTHING to do with voice registers, it has to do with being an employee of Angus Young and being out of his comfort zone. A.k.a "something to prove"

• Like 3
Just now, jafeijo said:

Axl being awesome in ACDC has NOTHING to do with voice registers, it has to do with being an employee of Angus Young and being out of his comfort zone. A.k.a "something to prove"

Yeah I think Axl said one of the ACDC guys' wives made him ditch the sunglasses

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Or AC/DCs vocal style is basically scream singing?

I don't think so, it requires technique. Also Axl's posture was different, he had that visible fire. Anyway, just my opinion.

Is there anyplace where we can see this footage? I have seen mobile footage of ISE and Brownstone and they sounded pretty good to me. RQ wasn’t too great but in-line with recent performances from the last few years. It is a pity that this song was chosen as he hasn’t sung it like the album for so long AND it’s well known it takes a few gigs to get going.

Not seen many comments from folk that were there - what was the overall gig like in terms of the band and Axl in particular?

9 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

I don't think so, it requires technique. Also Axl's posture was different, he had that visible fire. Anyway, just my opinion.

It requires technique, but it’s a one trick pony. Def harder to switch between registers and keep things even and on pitch. 

Again, if he weren’t preparing for a tour, he wouldn’t last more than a few shows before blowing his voice out 

16 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Or AC/DCs vocal style is basically scream singing?

Not that much difference between a song like Welcome to the jungle and AC/DC in terms of vocals. A bit more grit, but the technique is similar. The major difference is the give a fuck / Doubt they'll notice meters.

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

I know this has been done to death on here but I don't think he's that out of shape. I'm considerably younger than him and I couldn't put on that show - I'd be laid on the floor gasping for breath after 20 minutes. Vocal issues aside it's 2-3 hours of aerobic-ish exercise. Maybe there are specific exercises someone can focus on as a man in their late fifties in order to lose the belly but his general fitness can't be that bad otherwise he'd literally collapse. I think his short stature combined with an odd upper body posture (which he's always had) unfortunately makes him look worse that he is. He should probably do Pilates.

And that's my fill of cringe worthy discussion regarding a complete stranger's body for 2020. :facepalm::lol:

Body wise, who cares, same goes for hair or cosmetic surgery talk:D Vocally out of shape discussion is fair game. 

I will say, if it was your job and you were known to run around for 3hrs I think you would put in the work... For all I know you're a singer too, but I doubt you have to traverse stadium size stages

8 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I know this has been done to death on here but I don't think he's that out of shape. I'm considerably younger than him and I couldn't put on that show - I'd be laid on the floor gasping for breath after 20 minutes. Vocal issues aside it's 2-3 hours of aerobic-ish exercise. Maybe there are specific exercises someone can focus on as a man in their late fifties in order to lose the belly but his general fitness can't be that bad otherwise he'd literally collapse. I think his short stature combined with an odd upper body posture (which he's always had) unfortunately makes him look worse that he is. He should probably do Pilates.

And that's my fill of cringe worthy discussion regarding a complete stranger's body for 2020. :facepalm::lol:

You can be overweight and in terrific shape at the same time. I work out all the time and actually look fit (I mostly weightlift,) but I cant do what Axl does night after night, its crazy!

I do wish he looked fit on stage though, helps give him a more charisma than a distraction. Although he wasnt known as a "fitness model" when I was young kid back in the early 90's illusion era, watching him motivated me to work out hard and lose weight.

Ill take his old voice over the way he looks any day though.

Edited by ax1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Body wise, who cares, same goes for hair or cosmetic surgery talk:D Vocally out of shape discussion is fair game. 

I will say, if it was your job and you were known to run around for 3hrs I think you would put in the work... For all I know you're a singer too, but I doubt you have to traverse stadium size stages

If you ever have the misfortune to hear me sing you'll truly know what bad singing is! :P Stadiums would pay me millions to stay away.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

"Not judging from some youtube videos" has to be stupidest thing anyone can say in defence of a live band.

Phones pick up what you are hearing, so if it sounds good to you there it should also sound good on the phone recording. Phones don't have a filter that somehow sucjs power from certain singers voices. The problem you're probably running Into is that you were probably singing along when you saw the concert in person... thus Axl sounded better as you filled in the spaces. He hits the notes, but upon closer inspection it's not so good. 

If you were arguing that mix was good and the phone didn't do it justice, that could be a fair point... but considering the quality of recordings that phones take now it still doesn't hold much water.

When I heard Sweet Child O' Mine in Berlin... I thought it sounds absoluty shit.. When I heard Sweet Child O' Mine in Leipzig... I thought "hey it's sounds pretty good, better than Berlin". Both witness from FOS 1.  What is your problem?

I just don’t understand why Axl would have them use a relatively bad performance when they could have picked many other songs that sounded better vocally. And if a song will be used on a tv telecast, bring it that performance. I believe he could bring it at anytime but not for 3 hours straight at shows. As far as those of you that say he should retire, you should retire as a fan of the band. I am enjoying every minute.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

When I heard Sweet Child O' Mine in Berlin... I thought it sounds absoluty shit.. When I heard Sweet Child O' Mine in Leipzig... I thought "hey it's sounds pretty good, better than Berlin". Both witness from FOS 1.  What is your problem?

Yea I've had this experience too - in Vancouver 2017 SCOM was pretty rough (although that stadium has notoriously bad sound) and at the next show at the Gorge I thought it was definitely better. I was in basically the same spot at both shows, front row. It wasn't necessarily a great performance of SCOM at the Gorge either, just noticeably better than Vancouver.

I was hesitant to watch after reading the comments but I finally gave in and watched the video. It wasn't the best performance but it was no where near as bad as what it is being made out to be and doesn't sound much difference than other performances since the tour started. The crowd was really into it and seemed to love it live. This will not hurt them in anyway. If they can sellout stadiums after the way Axl sounded in Rio in 2011, nothing will stop them.

• Like 2
  • RussTCB unpinned this topic