01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

2 minutes ago, DK6 said:

Pardon???:blink:

This is absolutely the case.Do you follow boxing or have you ever boxed? A 3 minute round for someone out of shape seems like a death sentence. Check out a fighter named Andy Ruiz, he doesn't appear to be in shape, but he wouldn't be going 12 rounds if he wasn't.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I have a good perspective as I saw NILT 6 times, including night one in Vegas and the amazing Apollo show in NYC. Here is my takeaway from the show.  I’m not going to even mention the set

With all due respect, coming from a guy who travels to the UK often for work and has many friends there, why do people like you feel the need to attack/trash/insult an entire country?  Yet, here you a

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ironmt said:

This is absolutely the case.Do you follow boxing or have you ever boxed? A 3 minute round for someone out of shape seems like a death sentence. Check out a fighter named Andy Ruiz, he doesn't appear to be in shape, but he wouldn't be going 12 rounds if he wasn't.

He wouldn't be going 12 rounds if his opponent wasn't terrified to lose his entire career to a big, fat journeyman fucking puddin who still hadn't sobered up from the first fight. Ruiz went 12 rounds because Joshua was playing it safe and no other reason.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

He wouldn't be going 12 rounds if his opponent wasn't terrified to lose his entire career to a big, fat journeyman fucking puddin who still hadn't sobered up from the first fight. Ruiz went 12 rounds because Joshua was playing it safe and no other reason.

Maybe you need to watch more than just the Joshua fight. Let me guess, you never heard of Ruiz before he fought Joshua. If you would have you wouldn't be making stupid comments like the one above.

Edited by ironmt
Just now, ironmt said:

Maybe you need to watch more than just the Joshua fight.

Why? Did he pack on 50 pounds before every other fight prior to that to? If I go back a couple of years can I see him as a featherweight? 

Just now, janrichmond said:

We have a boxing thread boys @Dazey and @ironmt ;)

Sorry, was this not it? I had a bunch of tabs open and got confused. :lol: 

Not as confused as Andy Ruiz after 90 seconds in round 4 when the diabetes kicked in however. :lol: 

• Like 1

Just saw footage of Your Crazy - very good. Vocally good too. It’s just a damned shame that GNR’s biggest songs are technically too demanding these days whereas there are plenty other tunes which would suit Axl better.

Edited by DTJ80
13 hours ago, WildStar said:

I go to GNR shows to see Slash, Duff and Fortus as much as to see Axl. 

If there's no new GNR music then bring on SMKC. Such a great band. I'm in for a longer tour next time and they'll definitely have new music. I'd have more of Duff and The Shooter band too

I wasn't big into Duff and the Shooter Jennings band but SMKC is my favorite so I would love to see more of that.

4 hours ago, FrenchGNRfan said:

Stop wasting your time talking about Axl's voice 

People come to the show to see Slash

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is why I go. To see Slash and Duff play the Guns classics. I haven't been a fan of Axl in 20 years and he hasn't done anything during the reunion to win me back over.  It is icing on the cake when he does sound good. Unfortunately aside from a handful of exceptions he can't consistently sound good for an entire song, only a line here and there. 

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I will say, at the 2 NITLT shows I caught, Slash was a presence that was just as big if not bigger than Axl both sonically and on the big screen.  I know people always complain about "shredder Slash" of modern times but honestly as far as I am concerned he is the MVP of this reunion

3 hours ago, FrenchGNRfan said:

He always has been the MVP of the band

He's the only one with a successful  solo career

Slash is Guns N' Roses

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

100%. That was the consensus I received from all the friends I went with to the shows and posts from friends and acquaintances after the shows on facebook. It is really only here that I see any complaints about Slash. The guy is the fucking man.  The only one out on stage the entire set. 

100% agree. Slash is the only reason I'm still following GnR and why I like them. I'm not a huge fan of Duff anymore after all that stuff he said and I was never a big Axl fan.

Regarding the performance of SCOM it's basically what I expected from All and the rest of the band was really right and Slash nailed it as usual. Because of that I consider it better that Rio 2017 and some of those other performances.

• Like 3

Watching a rerun of it on fox.

Its a pretty good "bad" performance from axl. Hes at the very least sustaining the falsetto/grandma notes. It wasnt embarrassing.

Edited by Mendez
18 minutes ago, Creed said:

Adele, Beth Ditto, Pavarotti, Meat Loaf...there are a lot of fat singers who can sing good stuff. The fat Axl - bad voice conclusion is useless. He wasnt fat at the vmas 2002. And his voice was bad.

GettyImages-EA2417-003-59020c4d5f9b5810d

But unlike any of them Axl still runs around the stage (for three hours) leaving himself out of breath much of the time. It’s something he didn’t really do with AC/DC.

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl sucks on SCOM. It's as simple as that. They should have aired Jungle, Brownstone or Easy.

Prob not their choice

8 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

Axl sounded and looked 100 times better in 2002 than he does now. There is a stark difference between Axl's clean singing (2002) and Axl's mickey singing (2011-present). The 2002 VMA's Axl/Guns N' Roses is a dream compared to what we have now.

Gotta disagree. The VMAs were not only worse, but were watched by way more people. Nobody was watching this at 11PM Sat night before the SB 

2 hours ago, Creed said:

Adele, Beth Ditto, Pavarotti, Meat Loaf...there are a lot of fat singers who can sing good stuff. The fat Axl - bad voice conclusion is useless. He wasnt fat at the vmas 2002. And his voice was bad.

GettyImages-EA2417-003-59020c4d5f9b5810d

THIS Meatloaf?!?

2 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Prob not their choice

Gotta disagree. The VMAs were not only worse, but were watched by way more people. Nobody was watching this at 11PM Sat night before the SB 

I'm not so sure. You definitely are right about the VMA'S being watched by WAY more people, plus the fact that crowd was minimal compared to all the musicians/celebrities in attendance so there's that, too. 

It's all objective, so to say it was worse or was better, it depends. Axl definitely looked better, but he looked "different" due to it being 18 years ago, of course, his attire, the cornrows, the Botox. 

Vocally, the VMA "Jungle" intro alone outdoes that horrendous Sweet Child performance. Axl had a pretty awesome extended scream before it all went downhill, unfortunately but it had other glimpses of greatness. 

Madagascar, to me, sounded wonderful. Not because it technically sounded good (he'd sing it MUCH better during the 2002 tour) but it was something new, therefore exciting. 

Paradise City was awful, but his "Round 1" shout-out, it showed he had something to prove. He just didn't prove it that night. If they'd have broadcast MSG 2002's "The Blues" or something, it'd have been spectacular. 

Just another opinion. I know not many would agree. But really.... At least at the VMA'S, Axl still kinda moved/danced liked Axl, was energetic, got winded but had an excuse. He was running all over the place. The other night, he just sounded flat, no power in a single note. It's depressing to even think about. I feel bad for him. But can he still deliver a great live vocal when/if he wants? Hell yes. 

3 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

Axl sounded and looked 100 times better in 2002 than he does now. There is a stark difference between Axl's clean singing (2002) and Axl's mickey singing (2011-present). The 2002 VMA's Axl/Guns N' Roses is a dream compared to what we have now.

Not sure I’d go this far. I get the frustration. but the 2002 tour singing with power was not what happened at the vmas that night 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Prob not their choice

Gotta disagree. The VMAs were not only worse

Worse in what way? I've never understood why people think the 2002 VMA performance was so bad. In fact, think his voice was spot on, along with his stage presence. At this point, he is the charismatic Axl Rose that I knew from the 80's and 90's. I am watching it again right now and reminds of me of the excitement I felt the first time I watched in 2002. I had a lot of excitement and anticipation for Axl and Guns N' Roses back then. I was sure Chinese Democracy was right around the corner along with new epic Guns N' Roses videos. Axl had assembled the most amazing musicians on the planet and was poised to take over the world!

All that drive, vision, and purpose Axl had then, is nowhere to be found today.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Estrangedfx said:

But can he still deliver a great live vocal when/if he wants? Hell yes. 

Im not so sure about that. If you buy into the argument ‘he holds back so he doesn’t blow his voice out while on tour’ then this was a prime opportunity to give that little bit more. He knew he’d be on national TV, and there’s a decent break until the next show get his vocals back in shape.

I just don’t think he can sing the GNR ballads anymore - and it’s been that way for years. I don’t think people would care about the aesthetics of his appearance if he still sounded like Axl. But the combination of how he looks, moves and sings in a weak falsetto makes him look pretty cringe at times.

Like I said in the previous post - a new album of great tunes in his low-mid register and they could just move on from playing live and him being by far the weakest link in a super talented band

13 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

The fuck was that?

Jesus...

Ok, that was absolutely the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.😄  The first guy singing is Randy Owen of Alabama and I thought it couldn't get any worse then ole Meat started in.  Good god almighty, words can't describe that. It's almost like he was taking the piss for singing so badly but he wasn't. 

• Like 2

Axl  isn't fat, he looks "puffed", the look you get when on a heavy pill addiction. it was the same with elvis: elvis wasn't really fat, it was the pills that made him "look" fat, especially in the face. look up the effects of stuff like dilaudid, demerol etc. it also explains his dulled behaviour. elvis and jackson both died of a pill addiction. I hope Axl will not go the same route. who is Axl's physician? 

Edited by action
  • RussTCB unpinned this topic