01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

I’m signing out for a while, won’t be posting again until there’s new music to discuss, at a minimum

No point hanging around a forum posting negative comments . I saw 4 shows on this tour, including the infamous Abu Dhabi formula 1 show where they finished early. There were highlights and lowlights in each of the shows. More good than bad I must say.

But I can’t support a never ending tour on a half assed setlist, draining the fans for all they can. 

Hope you all get out of it what you want 

Adios

Edited by LA_0013

2 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Geez people. I finally watched the SCOM performance. I was expecting some vocal disaster based on comments here. That was far from the worst in recent years. It wasn't 1980s level but it wasn't THAT bad. I'd say about average or slightly above for NITL.

They definitely knew which song would be used. Everything from Duff seated for the opening bass line to Axl not wearing an offensive shirt indicates that. Also, it was no accident that 99% of the screen time was A, S and D. There was a slight glimpse of Richard. Frank got a few seconds. I don't think you could see Dizzy if you tried and you'd only notice Melissa if you knew to look. I'm sure that was planned with input from the band and/or TB.

Frank got several good shots. Would've been nice to see more of Melissa :lol:

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Which equals bad

To be fair, I have watched a good amount of videos from the show and I actually think Axl sounds pretty good compared to other opening shows. Songs like SCOM he will never sound good at. 

Just watched Nightrain, DTJ and SOYL back to back and they were all awesome...

Edited by Tom-Ass

26 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Frank got several good shots. Would've been nice to see more of Melissa :lol:

She is my 3rd current active GNR member behind Slash and Duff, she should get some solo performances on tour so the crowd can hear actual good signing for a short time :) Actually, why not replace Axl with her? I really think she can do a great job...compared to whats going on now.

Edited by ax1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

To be fair, I have watched a good amount of videos from the show and I actually think Axl sounds pretty good compared to other opening shows. Songs like SCOM he will never sound good at. 

Just watched Nightrain, DTJ and SOYL back to back and they were all awesome...

Axl mickeyed the fuck out of SOYL.

10 minutes ago, ax1 said:

She is my 3rd current active GNR member behind Slash and Duff, she should get some solo performances on tour so the crowd can hear actual good signing for a short time :) Actually, why not replace Axl with her? I really think she can do a great job...compared to whats going on now.

Give her some stage time, definitely. Regardless of liking her or not GNR has always shone a light on the background players, whether it was the horn section, Teddy Zigzag, Tracey and Roberta. No reason why Axl and Melissa can't do a duet, Since I don't have you or something like that could be cool if she wanted to do a song on her own too!

End of the day, we've had Nunchuck solos, *horrendous* ballad of death and Mi Amor... She has free reign from where I'm standing :D 

Replacing Axl with Melissa though, even as a joke... no, just no! 

7 minutes ago, zepsun said:

You're Crazy live actually gave be goosebumps... Axl does a good job on it live. 

Which year are you on about. Obviously you're not talking about 2020 :P 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ax1 said:

I would be down for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Original said:

Unsolicited review from my neighbor who saw the TV special as I did not.  Now he is more a general public type "standard/non die hard type" fan.  His quote to me "Guns n Roses kicked ass...sounded awesome". 

Wow, I'm a little surprised but it probably goes to show how much more critical the die hards are compared to the casuals. 

41 minutes ago, Creed said:

Imagine 'The Beatles' on reunion tour with a different drummer than Ringo and without George. Paul is singing like Mickey Mouse. Their keyboard player is a female asian with blue hair. Their last album 13 years ago was very experimental. It was actually a Paul solo album, since he was the only original member who recorded it back then with a bunch of paid musicians. Their lead guitarist had a KFC bucket on his head and a weird mask on his face. Their merch is expensive and there is absolutely no fan communication and interaction. They are doing almost no media stuff, because Paul said so. And guess what...Ringo and George are still alive and would have liked to join the tour, but since Paul didnt want to spread the loot equally they're sitting pissed at their house taking care of their avocado garden. At least John is doing a solid job with his guitar. For me Paul and John alone aint 'The Beatles'.

But what do i know? I'm probably just a salty die-hard.

i can't understand what kind of fans would still be buying tickets to this shit

they've already done 3-4 extra rounds after the novelty 2016-2017 tour

who the fuck is left with any interest to pay money and see em 

it baffles me 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i can't understand what kind of fans would still be buying tickets to this shit

they've already done 3-4 extra rounds after the novelty 2016-2017 tour

who the fuck is left with any interest to pay money and see em 

it baffles me 

Not sure about other cities, but the time the show comes around it will be almost 3 years since they have come to Boston.  I wouldn't call that over saturation by any means.

6 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i would - they keep on the same pace with nothing new of the sort, half full attendance here we come

Didn't seem to be the case the other night. Every video I saw was of a full house fas having a blast. Watching one now as a matter of fact.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, I'm a little surprised but it probably goes to show how much more critical the die hards are compared to the casuals. 

I tend to agree but some of the tweets that were posted on here by casual fans were brutal. And all of those posts were directed at Axl.  The band sounded great and Axl wasn't that bad, imo.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1