01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I have a good perspective as I saw NILT 6 times, including night one in Vegas and the amazing Apollo show in NYC. Here is my takeaway from the show.  I’m not going to even mention the set

With all due respect, coming from a guy who travels to the UK often for work and has many friends there, why do people like you feel the need to attack/trash/insult an entire country?  Yet, here you a

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Creed said:

Imagine 'The Beatles' on reunion tour with a different drummer than Ringo and without George. Paul is singing like Mickey Mouse. Their keyboard player is a female asian with blue hair. Their last album 13 years ago was very experimental. It was actually a Paul solo album, since he was the only original member who recorded it back then with a bunch of paid musicians. Their lead guitarist had a KFC bucket on his head and a weird mask on his face. Their merch is expensive and there is absolutely no fan communication and interaction. They are doing almost no media stuff, because Paul said so. And guess what...Ringo and George are still alive and would have liked to join the tour, but since Paul didnt want to spread the loot equally they're sitting pissed at their house taking care of their avocado garden. At least John is doing a solid job with his guitar. For me Paul and John alone aint 'The Beatles'.

But what do i know? I'm probably just a salty die-hard.

i can't understand what kind of fans would still be buying tickets to this shit

they've already done 3-4 extra rounds after the novelty 2016-2017 tour

who the fuck is left with any interest to pay money and see em 

it baffles me 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

it baffles me 

Not sure about other cities, but the time the show comes around it will be almost 3 years since they have come to Boston.  I wouldn't call that over saturation by any means.

6 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i would - they keep on the same pace with nothing new of the sort, half full attendance here we come

Didn't seem to be the case the other night. Every video I saw was of a full house fas having a blast. Watching one now as a matter of fact.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, I'm a little surprised but it probably goes to show how much more critical the die hards are compared to the casuals. 

I tend to agree but some of the tweets that were posted on here by casual fans were brutal. And all of those posts were directed at Axl.  The band sounded great and Axl wasn't that bad, imo.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

where do people get the vids of this show living in Europe??  All I can see is shite handheld cameras on youtube of an AWFUL sounding dead horse..

not asking for links just a direction

Edited by Jaygnr
17 minutes ago, Politania said:

If  this band  has  dissapointed you,  and you dont like what band is giving to audience,  then why  are you wasting your time on them?  

Im not blind fan, I see how things are, but there is NOTHING you can do, or say, or write to make THEM  hear us. This forum is small group ppl. Thousands of fans are attending to their shows, so you aint gonna see how ppl will be voting by their wallets 😉

Nothing will be changed.  My choice was to try to enjoy The time with Guns,  as much as I can, no matter how it is. 

Axl's voice wont get better with age. Im afraid it is maximum of his "power".  Kinda sad, but that is the way it goes.

Life is too hard,  to be frustrated  because of your/mine favourite band,  sucks sometimes. 😂

People need to relax. 😎

Exactly. Very well said.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Creed said:

Imagine 'The Beatles' on reunion tour with a different drummer than Ringo and without George. Paul is singing like Mickey Mouse. Their keyboard player is a female asian with blue hair. Their last album 13 years ago was very experimental. It was actually a Paul solo album, since he was the only original member who recorded it back then with a bunch of paid musicians. Their lead guitarist had a KFC bucket on his head and a weird mask on his face. Their merch is expensive and there is absolutely no fan communication and interaction. They are doing almost no media stuff, because Paul said so. And guess what...Ringo and George are still alive and would have liked to join the tour, but since Paul didnt want to spread the loot equally they're sitting pissed at their house taking care of their avocado garden. At least John is doing a solid job with his guitar. For me Paul and John alone aint 'The Beatles'.

Thanks for the post. Sometimes is nice to imagine things from other perspective and realise how fooled we can be just because we're passionate fools about this band. As many people have stated before, being a GNR fan is pretty much like being in a abusive relationship.

3 hours ago, Creed said:

Lol Buckethead on The Beatles... 

You do make a good point btw.

My sole argument is why the fuck aren’t they playing more old shit if they aren’t going to give us new music! And its so hard to say that, especially when they have given us Locomotive, Dead Horse, and now You’re Crazy, just in the last 6 months. 

how much have we lost in variety since then though? Duff doesn’t play New Rose anymore. Out Ta Get Me hasn't been played since 17. Even CD songs that made a special appearance like Twat and Catcher aren’t played as often. 

Then we have other songs that are synonymous with GNR, but yet aren’t played at all. Mama Kin hasn’t been played regularly since 1988. Some other covers they’ve done like Since I Don’t Have You have never been played live.

Are we ever going to hear Slash on a song like I.R.S. ??? Seems like he's played every CD song except that one and Rhiad & The Bedouin's at this point. So Fine hasnt been played since 1993 for fucks sake and Duff plays it at his solo shows!!! You’re telling me Axl cant even sing 1/3rd a new/old song?! The key here is variety! They have so many songs they could choose from and yet they choose NOT to play them. Is Slash just going to tease “I Don’t Care About You” before Jungle, or can they bust it out one of these nights? Again, another Its So Easy Axl vocal, with the whole band singing “fuck you!” 

Are song’s like ‘Don’t Damn Me’, ‘Anything Goes’, and ‘Back Off Bitch’ a “moment in time” and will never be able to translate live? Axl could literally catch a breath on DDM and sing it like Its So Easy. 

God damn i am high. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

My sole argument is why the fuck aren’t they playing more old shit if they aren’t going to give us new music! And its so hard to say that, especially when they have given us Locomotive, Dead Horse, and now You’re Crazy, just in the last 6 months. 

how much have we lost in variety since then though? Duff doesn’t play New Rose anymore. Out Ta Get Me hasn't been played since 17. Even CD songs that made a special appearance like Twat and Catcher aren’t played as often. 

Then we have other songs that are synonymous with GNR, but yet aren’t played at all. Mama Kin hasn’t been played regularly since 1988. Some other covers they’ve done like Since I Don’t Have You have never been played live.

Are we ever going to hear Slash on a song like I.R.S. ??? Seems like he's played every CD song except that one and Rhiad & The Bedouin's at this point. So Fine hasnt been played since 1993 for fucks sake and Duff plays it at his solo shows!!! You’re telling me Axl cant even sing 1/3rd a new/old song?! The key here is variety! They have so many songs they could choose from and yet they choose NOT to play them. Is Slash just going to tease “I Don’t Care About You” before Jungle, or can they bust it out one of these nights? Again, another Its So Easy Axl vocal, with the whole band singing “fuck you!” 

Are song’s like ‘Don’t Damn Me’, ‘Anything Goes’, and ‘Back Off Bitch’ a “moment in time” and will never be able to translate live? Axl could literally catch a breath on DDM and sing it like Its So Easy. 

God damn i am high. 

All of this is spot on mate.

To top it all off they continue to pile on covers like the seeker, black hole sun and wichita lineman night after night!

Not to mention 15 minute KOHD - about as interesting as a matt sorum drum solo from 1991!

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

God damn i am high. 

lol.

I really don't think the Miami show will be indicative of what the upcoming tour will look like.  I think they will mix it up a little more. Probably not enough to appease everyone here but I think they will change it up a bit.  Dead Horse, Locomotive, Slither, You're Crazy and SOYL are all songs I will be stoked to see. I have seen three shows this reunion and not seen any of those.  You made some great suggestions and I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Dust N' Bones or So Fine played.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Think About You, Pretty Tied up or Move To The City either.  If Axl is feeling it they may try Nice Boys or something. We will have to wait and see.  Songs like UTLH, Yesterdays, My Michelle and Out Ta Get me were regulars for awhile and have been rested for quite sometime. They could be brought back. I wouldn't even rule out a new song or two. 

I also think that there will be new graphics and shit on the screens. That new screen is pretty badass and I can't imagine they are going to continue with the cheesy graphic they have been using. I know they played the same old shit on it in Miami but I wouldn't be surprised if they are still working on ideas for the upcoming tour. 

People complain so much about the setlist but it really has changed along the way. Not drastically all at once but subtly over time. Most bands don't even do that. Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Sabbath, Ozzy, Alice Cooper and most of their peers play the EXACT same set night after night for entire tours and return for the next tour only changing a song or two from the previous. I just looked at the setlist from the last Guns show I saw and there were literally ELEVEN songs played that night that weren't played in MIAMI. They did play 32 songs that night but still. Then throw in the 5 songs they play now that they weren't then and that is quite a swing.

Again, we will have to wait and see but I don't think Miami is a good representation of the upcoming tour.  And if it is, I will still be happy to see 4 or 5 songs I haven't seen yet. Time will tell.

24 minutes ago, DK6 said:

All of this is spot on mate.

To top it all off they continue to pile on covers like the seeker, black hole sun and wichita lineman night after night!

Not to mention 15 minute KOHD - about as interesting as a matt sorum drum solo from 1991!

They didn't play Witchita or Black Hole Sun in Miami.  I am with you on KOHD.  Wish they would trim it down a bit, I love a good extended jam but that version is just mehhhh.  At one time they took that song and made their own bad ass version of it. What they do now, is not that. Would love to see them do a throw back to the old 80's versions.  Maybe throw in an extended Slash solo in there but nothing like they are doing now.  

• Like 1

Im honestly completely sick and tired of KOHD, its just not fun to listen to any more for me. I can take just about any other track but that one and I used to love it.

Edited by ax1
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

it baffles me 

GnR has played Philadelphia twice since the reunion.

2016 and 2017

It will be almost 3 years since their last show in Philly.  Not everybody spends all their time glued to message boards reading the setlists from a show in Guatemala.

It baffles me how people do not get this.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ax1 said:

Im honestly completely sick and tired of KOHD, its just not fun to listen to any more for me. I can take just about any other track but that one and I used to love it.

Same. Doesn't sound anywhere as great as the UYI days.

• Like 1
  • RussTCB unpinned this topic