01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

When was the last time you saw Pavarotti sprinting across the stage and doing the splits midair whilst jumping off a stack of amps?

Sorry but do you suddenly stop being able to write songs at 29? :lol: 

I was referring to the constant complaints about his appearance, how his voice isnt as strong as it was in the 90's, not his song writing ability.  Maybe he has bad family genetics and should be 350 lbs and he is working hard to mainting his appearance although its not the rail thin Axl we remembered.  Maybe he has an illness and is on medications that make it very hard to get much skinnier, maybe he could lose a few lbs but just doesnt care...until he tells us, we have no idea, so give the guy a break

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 7:19 AM, action said:

Axl  isn't fat, he looks "puffed", the look you get when on a heavy pill addiction. it was the same with elvis: elvis wasn't really fat, it was the pills that made him "look" fat, especially in the face. look up the effects of stuff like dilaudid, demerol etc. it also explains his dulled behaviour. elvis and jackson both died of a pill addiction. I hope Axl will not go the same route. who is Axl's physician? 

no, Elvis was fat as fuck

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Liva said:

I was referring to the constant complaints about his appearance, how his voice isnt as strong as it was in the 90's, not his song writing ability.  Maybe he has bad family genetics and should be 350 lbs and he is working hard to mainting his appearance although its not the rail thin Axl we remembered.  Maybe he has an illness and is on medications that make it very hard to get much skinnier, maybe he could lose a few lbs but just doesnt care...until he tells us, we have no idea, so give the guy a break

Totally agree, I give Axl the piss sometimes but we really don't know anything.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Liva said:

if this forum had 1 million active members and they were all complaining about the setlist, you have 25% of your concert goer's complaining, then yes something needs to be changed.  But that isnt the case, so everyone needs to just chill out and enjoy what we have.  The guys arent 28 yrs old anymore, there is no changing that, set expectations accordingly

Fuck the set list its the new Album thats pissing most off id imagine and thats down to Axl clearly because Duff and Slash both released material since theyv been back and i think that speaks VOLUMES! 

So let Duff and Slash play this out i guess is where iv ultimetely landed....end of the day most these songs they havnt been playing for the last 20 years. My angers with Axl sitting on a vault of music, that will never get released!! Such a fucking waste of talent to release one album of new material in what, fucking 28 years

42 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

All miami videos are gone

40 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

yeah, i just looked on youtube, all is gone

So dumb. 

Imagine having a life that's so sad that you have to fill it with playing sheriff to a bunch of fan shot footage only a handful of people care to watch. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Jaygnr said:

Fuck the set list its the new Album thats pissing most off id imagine and thats down to Axl clearly because Duff and Slash both released material since theyv been back and i think that speaks VOLUMES! 

So let Duff and Slash play this out i guess is where iv ultimetely landed....end of the day most these songs they havnt been playing for the last 20 years. My angers with Axl sitting on a vault of music, that will never get released!! Such a fucking waste of talent to release one album of new material in what, fucking 28 years

maybe it is Axl's fault, maybe it isnt.  Chinese leftovers were recorded 15+ years ago and most likely owned by the record company, which they have a say I presume in how or if they are released.  GNR could still be under contract with a record label and owe them 1 album before being released from their contract.  Hypothetically the record company that owns those recordings could be saying to GNR, give us $15 million and you can buy the songs from us and release them on spotify for free or whatever you want.  GNR might only want to pay a lesser sum, say 1 million for them, this could be cause for a delay that isnt Axl's fault, it could be a long protracted negotiation.  There might be a scenario where the guys wrote new songs and want to release all new stuff for free but still owe a record to the label or have to pay a big fine/settlement if they dont deliver, which they probably dont want to do.  Maybe they want some old songs and some new ones, but same problem with the label.  The label knows they are flush with cash, and they are probably pissed for all the lost revenue and headaches from the 1994-2008 era, the record company can hold them hostage from releasing music under the GNR name unless they pay up some big sum, who knows.  Or maybe it is all actually Axl's fault...who really knows.  If they are in a lawsuit or trading nasty legal letters with the record company, that is why no one in the GNR camp would want to say anything and are being cryptic, cause...anything you say can and will be used against you.  There are so many things that we simply dont know, so many factors, that we cannot accurately place blame on anyone.

If you can sell out a tour and make bank, would you pay say $10 million to buy songs from the label, just to release them for free on spotify and see no increase in ticket sales?  No one would do that, it is called the "Music Business" for a reason, you cant simply ignore the business side as much as they may just want to focus on the music side.

Slash and Duff dont have that record label burden which is why they release music under their respective names/bands, and Slash went completely self distribution a while ago, so I am guessing even while he wasnt talking with Axl, he knew the record label game was hell and he switched courses.  Slash and Duff also release music, because they need their own music to sell tours under their own names if they want to be around for more than 1 or 2 tours.  GNR on the other hand, as proven, can sell tours without new music and have been doing so since 2002.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Liva said:

At this very moment, there are roughly 200 members online this forum/website.  I don't know the total number of average unique monthly active users, maybe it is a few thousand or so (I could be wrong).  According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour they have sold over 4.3 MILLION tickets to this tour, and there are several dates, especially North American 2017 dates that have no attendance numbers listed for some reason.  The average music listener/concert goer/gnr fan wants to hear the hits, plain and simple.  To think they would drop SCOM or YCBM because a few hundred people here on a forum want set lists changes and are obsessed with the order songs are played in at shows thousands of miles away from them is ludicrous.  As a hardcore fan myself, yea I would like to see some deep cuts added so I can watch them on youtube, but to think constant setlist bitching on here will lead to someone in the GNR camp to see it, take it seriously, and jeopardize severely changing a formula that has sold MILLIONS of tickets to placate people on a forum where in a show of 30,000 people there are maybe 10-20 forum members in attendace....stop and think about that for a minute.  The best way to lose fans, is for them to pay top dollar to go to a show and not get the hits played.  Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, be happy they are still out there playing.  , a member could be dead and this over forever, or the band just calls it quits.  They cant mess with the setlist too much in the latter two.

Dont worry, Be happy - Bobby McFerrin

"The alternatives is we could have 1993-2016"

Or we could have ashba in the band again.

14 hours ago, Liva said:

For me Axl Rose looks like he has Cushing's syndrome because of cortisol meds

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

"The alternatives is we could have 1993-2016"

Or we could have ashba in the band again.

At least Ashba (finch, bucket and bumble) tried pushing this band forward instead of becoming a novelty act. Clearly Slash and Duff are fine with it as long the loot is there.

23 hours ago, Liva said:

At this very moment, there are roughly 200 members online this forum/website.  I don't know the total number of average unique monthly active users, maybe it is a few thousand or so (I could be wrong).  According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour they have sold over 4.3 MILLION tickets to this tour, and there are several dates, especially North American 2017 dates that have no attendance numbers listed for some reason.  The average music listener/concert goer/gnr fan wants to hear the hits, plain and simple.  To think they would drop SCOM or YCBM because a few hundred people here on a forum want set lists changes and are obsessed with the order songs are played in at shows thousands of miles away from them is ludicrous.  As a hardcore fan myself, yea I would like to see some deep cuts added so I can watch them on youtube, but to think constant setlist bitching on here will lead to someone in the GNR camp to see it, take it seriously, and jeopardize severely changing a formula that has sold MILLIONS of tickets to placate people on a forum where in a show of 30,000 people there are maybe 10-20 forum members in attendace....stop and think about that for a minute.  The best way to lose fans, is for them to pay top dollar to go to a show and not get the hits played.  Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, be happy they are still out there playing.  The alternatives is we could have 1993-2016, a member could be dead and this over forever, or the band just calls it quits.  They cant mess with the setlist too much in the latter two.

Dont worry, Be happy - Bobby McFerrin

You are right about so many things there. I'd just like to say that GNR have like what...3 and a half albums? Even the casuals will probably have grown to love some deep cuts by now and might appreciate a lot them in concert. This band could play their entire discography in three shows and still have room for jams and covers. It's not the lack of deep cuts that pisses people like me off, it's the predictability and lack of artistic effort. Every song sounds exactly the same night after night, only the vocals and guitaring get more lifeless with each show. Guns N' Roses was a rock band. It is now a product, a show, a corporate brand. Nothing wrong with combining these, but the way they go about it doesn't exactly make me scream shut up and take my money. I saw this band many times, also during the CD era. They have to come up with something a little more exciting than what they've shown recently to make me buy tickets and do roadtrips for them again.

Edited by adamsapple

7 hours ago, Coma16 said:

At least Ashba (finch, bucket and bumble) tried pushing this band forward instead of becoming a novelty act. Clearly Slash and Duff are fine with it as long the loot is there.

The reunion with Slash pushed GNR more forward than any of these people you mentioned combined.

You could argue about Finck and Bucket for their contributions to CD but what the fuck did Ashba to push this band? Lol. His Hogan ears?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Although to be fair, with all of those people - you are only as productive as the lead singer you work with.  Buckethead releases literally hundreds of albums and yet could only manage one album with GNR that came out 4 years after he left lol

Considering Slash and Duff's work ethic, and those rumors (and Slash's confirmation) a little while back about the time he brought his gear to Axl's place, I don't know if Slash and Duff not being proactive in trying to get something new out, is the issue - but rather that redheaded singer dude they are trying to get to go along with it :lol:

Edited by WhazUp

20 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Although to be fair, with all of those people - you are only as productive as the lead singer you work with.  Buckethead releases literally hundreds of albums and yet could only manage one album with GNR that came out 4 years after he left lol

Considering Slash and Duff's work ethic, and those rumors (and Slash's confirmation) a little while back about the time he brought his gear to Axl's place, I don't know if Slash and Duff not being proactive in trying to get something new out, is the issue - but rather that redheaded singer dude they are trying to get to go along with it :lol:

I don't think Axl's work ethic is holding up things but maybe his health? If the only way to get the raging and ranting Axl under control and to be on time is to kill all of his emotions and turn his speech and face into a dull mask I'd rather have riots and late starts. Age might be a factor too, but at this point there are 80 year olds that have more energy than him. No wonder he can't come up with lyrics or bring his A-game on stage anymore when he seems to be somewhat sedated most of the time. An artist needs to feel.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 11:38 PM, Liva said:

maybe it is Axl's fault, maybe it isnt.  Chinese leftovers were recorded 15+ years ago and most likely owned by the record company, which they have a say I presume in how or if they are released.  GNR could still be under contract with a record label and owe them 1 album before being released from their contract.  Hypothetically the record company that owns those recordings could be saying to GNR, give us $15 million and you can buy the songs from us and release them on spotify for free or whatever you want.  GNR might only want to pay a lesser sum, say 1 million for them, this could be cause for a delay that isnt Axl's fault, it could be a long protracted negotiation.  There might be a scenario where the guys wrote new songs and want to release all new stuff for free but still owe a record to the label or have to pay a big fine/settlement if they dont deliver, which they probably dont want to do.  Maybe they want some old songs and some new ones, but same problem with the label.  The label knows they are flush with cash, and they are probably pissed for all the lost revenue and headaches from the 1994-2008 era, the record company can hold them hostage from releasing music under the GNR name unless they pay up some big sum, who knows.  Or maybe it is all actually Axl's fault...who really knows.  If they are in a lawsuit or trading nasty legal letters with the record company, that is why no one in the GNR camp would want to say anything and are being cryptic, cause...anything you say can and will be used against you.  There are so many things that we simply dont know, so many factors, that we cannot accurately place blame on anyone.

If you can sell out a tour and make bank, would you pay say $10 million to buy songs from the label, just to release them for free on spotify and see no increase in ticket sales?  No one would do that, it is called the "Music Business" for a reason, you cant simply ignore the business side as much as they may just want to focus on the music side.

Slash and Duff dont have that record label burden which is why they release music under their respective names/bands, and Slash went completely self distribution a while ago, so I am guessing even while he wasnt talking with Axl, he knew the record label game was hell and he switched courses.  Slash and Duff also release music, because they need their own music to sell tours under their own names if they want to be around for more than 1 or 2 tours.  GNR on the other hand, as proven, can sell tours without new music and have been doing so since 2002.

My jaysus...did you really just pull all that outta your arse??? Laughable..... heres one for ya! in the off chance that dat is the case, why doesnt the band or anyone fucking say something....like anything?? Say its a legal or money issue...stop this insulting bollox of "stuffs happening"! Throwing around fake record deals worth 15 mill... have a day off mate!!

And also Rich Fortus would want to take a long hard look at himself as a musician. Clearly zero ambition...in a band 20 yrs n released one record. Better off in a tribute band apart from the pay...its the only diff

Edited by Jaygnr

11 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I don't think Axl's work ethic is holding up things but maybe his health? If the only way to get the raging and ranting Axl under control and to be on time is to kill all of his emotions and turn his speech and face into a dull mask I'd rather have riots and late starts. Age might be a factor too, but at this point there are 80 year olds that have more energy than him. No wonder he can't come up with lyrics or bring his A-game on stage anymore when he seems to be somewhat sedated most of the time. An artist needs to feel.

I would have said that maybe age and health played a part, however considering even in the late-90s onwards this whole time he has not been productive with new material I really dunno at this point lol.  It is hard to make sense of why GNR as a whole just hit a brick wall when it came to being productive and still have not recovered from that

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jaygnr said:

My jaysus...did you really just pull all that outta your arse??? Laughable..... heres one for ya! in the off chance that dat is the case, why doesnt the band or anyone fucking say something....like anything?? Say its a legal or money issue...stop this insulting bollox of "stuffs happening"! Throwing around fake record deals worth 15 mill... have a day off mate!!

And also Rich Fortus would want to take a long hard look at himself as a musician. Clearly zero ambition...in a band 20 yrs n released one record. Better off in a tribute band apart from the pay...its the only diff

I was pretty clear in the fact that I was speculating in all this, so yes I pulled these numbers and scenarios "outta my arse" just like others put all the blame on Axl or pull their own theories outta their arse's...fact is no one knows for a fact a damn thing, its all just their own speculation, so what makes your theory or someone else's any more credible or reasonable?  The only fact that we can all agree on is there has been no new music released under the GNR name since CD in 2008.  The old 1986 cuts released in their box set were not CD era songs and probably have different ownership/rules governing how they were released.  Axl released a loony tunes song, not under the GNR name, so its clear he is ok in releasing things and not the hermit/hoarder you make him out to be.

If it is a legal issue, you keep your mouth shut, dont do interviews and get it sorted with the lawyers.  The last thing you want is someone slipping up in an interview and those words being twisted around by the record label and used against GNR.  There is a reason you have a "right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you."  You let the lawyer do your arguing, you dont say dumb shit to reporters and be at the mercy of the reporter changing around what you said (happens all the time) and that snippet coming back to screw your argument against the label.

Fortus has no ambition...do you know that?  He told you that personally?  He was in the Dead Daisies and left them when it came time to pick a band.  Could have been for the payday, sure...but maybe he see's the future brighter with GNR if they can release whatever they may or may not have music wise.

Again...we are all just speculating and making stuff up...can we agree on that?

Edited by Liva
added "not" to "may or may have music wise"

It's total BS that casual fans would be disappointed if they didn't play songs like CD, Better, Yesterdays, Coma, TIL, Sorry and so many others they've been playing for years.

They have to play Jungle, scom, nr, pc, don't cry, ycbm, Patience, kohd and maybe lald. (Don't think I forgot any.) That's 9. They can rotate all the rest with new songs or other deepcuts.

I'm not one of those asking a complete overhaul, but to pretend they have to play all these songs (3 hours+ set!!), is just silly.  It's not unreasonable to expect some changes now and again.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Pushing forward = at least having a guy with a top hat and a Les Paul in the band? 

Say what you want about him, but his intentions were to tour the shit out of Chinese Democracy and then produce the next record.  When that didn't happen he hit the road to do what he loves.