Jump to content

01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I have a good perspective as I saw NILT 6 times, including night one in Vegas and the amazing Apollo show in NYC. Here is my takeaway from the show.  I’m not going to even mention the set

With all due respect, coming from a guy who travels to the UK often for work and has many friends there, why do people like you feel the need to attack/trash/insult an entire country?  Yet, here you a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

The interesting thing is 76 year old Mick Jagger is better than both of them combined right now :)

I can't go there. I have seen both Aerosmith and the Stones the last year. Steven still kills it live. Mick dances around like a chicken and isn't even really a singer anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE the Stones. They are one of my favorites. Maybe not quite my favorite band but I consider them the best band of all time \m/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

At this very moment, there are roughly 200 members online this forum/website.  I don't know the total number of average unique monthly active users, maybe it is a few thousand or so (I could be wrong).  According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour they have sold over 4.3 MILLION tickets to this tour, and there are several dates, especially North American 2017 dates that have no attendance numbers listed for some reason.  The average music listener/concert goer/gnr fan wants to hear the hits, plain and simple.  To think they would drop SCOM or YCBM because a few hundred people here on a forum want set lists changes and are obsessed with the order songs are played in at shows thousands of miles away from them is ludicrous.  As a hardcore fan myself, yea I would like to see some deep cuts added so I can watch them on youtube, but to think constant setlist bitching on here will lead to someone in the GNR camp to see it, take it seriously, and jeopardize severely changing a formula that has sold MILLIONS of tickets to placate people on a forum where in a show of 30,000 people there are maybe 10-20 forum members in attendace....stop and think about that for a minute.  The best way to lose fans, is for them to pay top dollar to go to a show and not get the hits played.  Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, be happy they are still out there playing.  The alternatives is we could have 1993-2016, a member could be dead and this over forever, or the band just calls it quits.  They cant mess with the setlist too much in the latter two.

Dont worry, Be happy - Bobby McFerrin

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Liva said:

At this very moment, there are roughly 200 members online this forum/website.  I don't know the total number of average unique monthly active users, maybe it is a few thousand or so (I could be wrong).  According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour they have sold over 4.3 MILLION tickets to this tour, and there are several dates, especially North American 2017 dates that have no attendance numbers listed for some reason.  The average music listener/concert goer/gnr fan wants to hear the hits, plain and simple.  To think they would drop SCOM or YCBM because a few hundred people here on a forum want set lists changes and are obsessed with the order songs are played in at shows thousands of miles away from them is ludicrous.  As a hardcore fan myself, yea I would like to see some deep cuts added so I can watch them on youtube, but to think constant setlist bitching on here will lead to someone in the GNR camp to see it, take it seriously, and jeopardize severely changing a formula that has sold MILLIONS of tickets to placate people on a forum where in a show of 30,000 people there are maybe 10-20 forum members in attendace....stop and think about that for a minute.  The best way to lose fans, is for them to pay top dollar to go to a show and not get the hits played.  Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, be happy they are still out there playing.  The alternatives is we could have 1993-2016, a member could be dead and this over forever, or the band just calls it quits.  They cant mess with the setlist too much in the latter two.

Dont worry, Be happy - Bobby McFerrin

you're reading my mind

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Politania said:

you're reading my mind

if this forum had 1 million active members and they were all complaining about the setlist, you have 25% of your concert goer's complaining, then yes something needs to be changed.  But that isnt the case, so everyone needs to just chill out and enjoy what we have.  The guys arent 28 yrs old anymore, there is no changing that, set expectations accordingly

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2020 at 12:17 AM, Creed said:

Adele, Beth Ditto, Pavarotti, Meat Loaf...there are a lot of fat singers who can sing good stuff. The fat Axl - bad voice conclusion is useless. He wasnt fat at the vmas 2002. And his voice was bad.

GettyImages-EA2417-003-59020c4d5f9b5810d

 

When was the last time you saw Pavarotti sprinting across the stage and doing the splits midair whilst jumping off a stack of amps?

11 minutes ago, Liva said:

if this forum had 1 million active members and they were all complaining about the setlist, you have 25% of your concert goer's complaining, then yes something needs to be changed.  But that isnt the case, so everyone needs to just chill out and enjoy what we have.  The guys arent 28 yrs old anymore, there is no changing that, set expectations accordingly

Sorry but do you suddenly stop being able to write songs at 29? :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

as for releasing new music, I personally would love to hear new songs, but put yourself in the bands shoes.  The old formula from the 90's and earlier was you spent big money on making a record and you went on tour to promote the record and sell records.  The money was in record sales, the tour was the marketing to sell records.  With free music and spotify etc, the formula has completely flipped.  Now artists release music for free in order to sell concert tickets, the money is made on the tour now which equates to higher ticket prices, bigger productions etc.  Without a free record release to tour behind, 99% of todays artists wouldn't be able to sell out a successful tour and make money.  GNR clearly doesnt need help selling tickets (yet) so why release new music.  Releasing new music will just lead to ending criticism, the bar is set so high and anticipation is so high that even if they released an AMAZING record, people would still find something to complain about...its over produced, i think I hear autotune, slash's solo could be more like this or that, not enough rock songs, not enough ballads...its really a no win situation.  So right now they are selling out stadiums, no interviews to get hassled at, sure they are playing the same songs, but people would be complaining about new songs and what they replaced in the current set list.  If I were GNR, in this climate, I wouldnt release any new music.  All it will do is create headaches.  And if its not a ridiculously awesome record and bad press follows, it could actually hurt ticket sales.  People buying tickets know what they are getting and are clearly happy with it cause they are still selling boat loads of tickets.  Its the unfortunate truth that wont change until they need help selling tickets, which I dont see happening any time soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

 

Sorry but do you suddenly stop being able to write songs at 29? :lol: 

After such a kick in the ass that Axl got, when he released CHD,  I'm not surprised that stopped recording anything. Besides, he missed his shaggy friend:lol::lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

When was the last time you saw Pavarotti sprinting across the stage and doing the splits midair whilst jumping off a stack of amps?

Sorry but do you suddenly stop being able to write songs at 29? :lol: 

I was referring to the constant complaints about his appearance, how his voice isnt as strong as it was in the 90's, not his song writing ability.  Maybe he has bad family genetics and should be 350 lbs and he is working hard to mainting his appearance although its not the rail thin Axl we remembered.  Maybe he has an illness and is on medications that make it very hard to get much skinnier, maybe he could lose a few lbs but just doesnt care...until he tells us, we have no idea, so give the guy a break

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 7:19 AM, action said:

Axl  isn't fat, he looks "puffed", the look you get when on a heavy pill addiction. it was the same with elvis: elvis wasn't really fat, it was the pills that made him "look" fat, especially in the face. look up the effects of stuff like dilaudid, demerol etc. it also explains his dulled behaviour. elvis and jackson both died of a pill addiction. I hope Axl will not go the same route. who is Axl's physician? 

no, Elvis was fat as fuck

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Liva said:

I was referring to the constant complaints about his appearance, how his voice isnt as strong as it was in the 90's, not his song writing ability.  Maybe he has bad family genetics and should be 350 lbs and he is working hard to mainting his appearance although its not the rail thin Axl we remembered.  Maybe he has an illness and is on medications that make it very hard to get much skinnier, maybe he could lose a few lbs but just doesnt care...until he tells us, we have no idea, so give the guy a break

Totally agree, I give Axl the piss sometimes but we really don't know anything.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Liva said:

if this forum had 1 million active members and they were all complaining about the setlist, you have 25% of your concert goer's complaining, then yes something needs to be changed.  But that isnt the case, so everyone needs to just chill out and enjoy what we have.  The guys arent 28 yrs old anymore, there is no changing that, set expectations accordingly

Fuck the set list its the new Album thats pissing most off id imagine and thats down to Axl clearly because Duff and Slash both released material since theyv been back and i think that speaks VOLUMES! 

So let Duff and Slash play this out i guess is where iv ultimetely landed....end of the day most these songs they havnt been playing for the last 20 years. My angers with Axl sitting on a vault of music, that will never get released!! Such a fucking waste of talent to release one album of new material in what, fucking 28 years

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

All miami videos are gone

 

40 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

yeah, i just looked on youtube, all is gone

So dumb. 

Imagine having a life that's so sad that you have to fill it with playing sheriff to a bunch of fan shot footage only a handful of people care to watch. 

  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaygnr said:

Fuck the set list its the new Album thats pissing most off id imagine and thats down to Axl clearly because Duff and Slash both released material since theyv been back and i think that speaks VOLUMES! 

So let Duff and Slash play this out i guess is where iv ultimetely landed....end of the day most these songs they havnt been playing for the last 20 years. My angers with Axl sitting on a vault of music, that will never get released!! Such a fucking waste of talent to release one album of new material in what, fucking 28 years

maybe it is Axl's fault, maybe it isnt.  Chinese leftovers were recorded 15+ years ago and most likely owned by the record company, which they have a say I presume in how or if they are released.  GNR could still be under contract with a record label and owe them 1 album before being released from their contract.  Hypothetically the record company that owns those recordings could be saying to GNR, give us $15 million and you can buy the songs from us and release them on spotify for free or whatever you want.  GNR might only want to pay a lesser sum, say 1 million for them, this could be cause for a delay that isnt Axl's fault, it could be a long protracted negotiation.  There might be a scenario where the guys wrote new songs and want to release all new stuff for free but still owe a record to the label or have to pay a big fine/settlement if they dont deliver, which they probably dont want to do.  Maybe they want some old songs and some new ones, but same problem with the label.  The label knows they are flush with cash, and they are probably pissed for all the lost revenue and headaches from the 1994-2008 era, the record company can hold them hostage from releasing music under the GNR name unless they pay up some big sum, who knows.  Or maybe it is all actually Axl's fault...who really knows.  If they are in a lawsuit or trading nasty legal letters with the record company, that is why no one in the GNR camp would want to say anything and are being cryptic, cause...anything you say can and will be used against you.  There are so many things that we simply dont know, so many factors, that we cannot accurately place blame on anyone.

If you can sell out a tour and make bank, would you pay say $10 million to buy songs from the label, just to release them for free on spotify and see no increase in ticket sales?  No one would do that, it is called the "Music Business" for a reason, you cant simply ignore the business side as much as they may just want to focus on the music side.

Slash and Duff dont have that record label burden which is why they release music under their respective names/bands, and Slash went completely self distribution a while ago, so I am guessing even while he wasnt talking with Axl, he knew the record label game was hell and he switched courses.  Slash and Duff also release music, because they need their own music to sell tours under their own names if they want to be around for more than 1 or 2 tours.  GNR on the other hand, as proven, can sell tours without new music and have been doing so since 2002.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Liva said:

maybe it is Axl's fault, maybe it isnt.  Chinese leftovers were recorded 15+ years ago and most likely owned by the record company, which they have a say I presume in how or if they are released.  GNR could still be under contract with a record label and owe them 1 album before being released from their contract.  Hypothetically the record company that owns those recordings could be saying to GNR, give us $15 million and you can buy the songs from us and release them on spotify for free or whatever you want.  GNR might only want to pay a lesser sum, say 1 million for them, this could be cause for a delay that isnt Axl's fault, it could be a long protracted negotiation.  There might be a scenario where the guys wrote new songs and want to release all new stuff for free but still owe a record to the label or have to pay a big fine/settlement if they dont deliver, which they probably dont want to do.  Maybe they want some old songs and some new ones, but same problem with the label.  The label knows they are flush with cash, and they are probably pissed for all the lost revenue and headaches from the 1994-2008 era, the record company can hold them hostage from releasing music under the GNR name unless they pay up some big sum, who knows.  Or maybe it is all actually Axl's fault...who really knows.  If they are in a lawsuit or trading nasty legal letters with the record company, that is why no one in the GNR camp would want to say anything and are being cryptic, cause...anything you say can and will be used against you.  There are so many things that we simply dont know, so many factors, that we cannot accurately place blame on anyone.

If you can sell out a tour and make bank, would you pay say $10 million to buy songs from the label, just to release them for free on spotify and see no increase in ticket sales?  No one would do that, it is called the "Music Business" for a reason, you cant simply ignore the business side as much as they may just want to focus on the music side.

Slash and Duff dont have that record label burden which is why they release music under their respective names/bands, and Slash went completely self distribution a while ago, so I am guessing even while he wasnt talking with Axl, he knew the record label game was hell and he switched courses.  Slash and Duff also release music, because they need their own music to sell tours under their own names if they want to be around for more than 1 or 2 tours.  GNR on the other hand, as proven, can sell tours without new music and have been doing so since 2002.

Exactly, the leaks and everything. So contrived.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Liva said:

At this very moment, there are roughly 200 members online this forum/website.  I don't know the total number of average unique monthly active users, maybe it is a few thousand or so (I could be wrong).  According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour they have sold over 4.3 MILLION tickets to this tour, and there are several dates, especially North American 2017 dates that have no attendance numbers listed for some reason.  The average music listener/concert goer/gnr fan wants to hear the hits, plain and simple.  To think they would drop SCOM or YCBM because a few hundred people here on a forum want set lists changes and are obsessed with the order songs are played in at shows thousands of miles away from them is ludicrous.  As a hardcore fan myself, yea I would like to see some deep cuts added so I can watch them on youtube, but to think constant setlist bitching on here will lead to someone in the GNR camp to see it, take it seriously, and jeopardize severely changing a formula that has sold MILLIONS of tickets to placate people on a forum where in a show of 30,000 people there are maybe 10-20 forum members in attendace....stop and think about that for a minute.  The best way to lose fans, is for them to pay top dollar to go to a show and not get the hits played.  Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, be happy they are still out there playing.  , a member could be dead and this over forever, or the band just calls it quits.  They cant mess with the setlist too much in the latter two.

Dont worry, Be happy - Bobby McFerrin

"The alternatives is we could have 1993-2016"

Or we could have ashba in the band again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Liva said:

I was referring to the constant complaints about his appearance, how his voice isnt as strong as it was in the 90's, not his song writing ability.  Maybe he has bad family genetics and should be 350 lbs and he is working hard to mainting his appearance although its not the rail thin Axl we remembered.  Maybe he has an illness and is on medications that make it very hard to get much skinnier, maybe he could lose a few lbs but just doesnt care...until he tells us, we have no idea, so give the guy a break

For me Axl Rose looks like he has Cushing's syndrome because of cortisol meds

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

"The alternatives is we could have 1993-2016"

Or we could have ashba in the band again.

At least Ashba (finch, bucket and bumble) tried pushing this band forward instead of becoming a novelty act. Clearly Slash and Duff are fine with it as long the loot is there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Liva said:

At this very moment, there are roughly 200 members online this forum/website.  I don't know the total number of average unique monthly active users, maybe it is a few thousand or so (I could be wrong).  According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour they have sold over 4.3 MILLION tickets to this tour, and there are several dates, especially North American 2017 dates that have no attendance numbers listed for some reason.  The average music listener/concert goer/gnr fan wants to hear the hits, plain and simple.  To think they would drop SCOM or YCBM because a few hundred people here on a forum want set lists changes and are obsessed with the order songs are played in at shows thousands of miles away from them is ludicrous.  As a hardcore fan myself, yea I would like to see some deep cuts added so I can watch them on youtube, but to think constant setlist bitching on here will lead to someone in the GNR camp to see it, take it seriously, and jeopardize severely changing a formula that has sold MILLIONS of tickets to placate people on a forum where in a show of 30,000 people there are maybe 10-20 forum members in attendace....stop and think about that for a minute.  The best way to lose fans, is for them to pay top dollar to go to a show and not get the hits played.  Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, be happy they are still out there playing.  The alternatives is we could have 1993-2016, a member could be dead and this over forever, or the band just calls it quits.  They cant mess with the setlist too much in the latter two.

Dont worry, Be happy - Bobby McFerrin

You are right about so many things there. I'd just like to say that GNR have like what...3 and a half albums? Even the casuals will probably have grown to love some deep cuts by now and might appreciate a lot them in concert. This band could play their entire discography in three shows and still have room for jams and covers. It's not the lack of deep cuts that pisses people like me off, it's the predictability and lack of artistic effort. Every song sounds exactly the same night after night, only the vocals and guitaring get more lifeless with each show. Guns N' Roses was a rock band. It is now a product, a show, a corporate brand. Nothing wrong with combining these, but the way they go about it doesn't exactly make me scream shut up and take my money. I saw this band many times, also during the CD era. They have to come up with something a little more exciting than what they've shown recently to make me buy tickets and do roadtrips for them again.

Edited by adamsapple
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Coma16 said:

At least Ashba (finch, bucket and bumble) tried pushing this band forward instead of becoming a novelty act. Clearly Slash and Duff are fine with it as long the loot is there.

The reunion with Slash pushed GNR more forward than any of these people you mentioned combined.

You could argue about Finck and Bucket for their contributions to CD but what the fuck did Ashba to push this band? Lol. His Hogan ears?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Coma16 said:

At least Ashba (finch, bucket and bumble) tried pushing this band forward instead of becoming a novelty act. Clearly Slash and Duff are fine with it as long the loot is there.

Although to be fair, with all of those people - you are only as productive as the lead singer you work with.  Buckethead releases literally hundreds of albums and yet could only manage one album with GNR that came out 4 years after he left lol

Considering Slash and Duff's work ethic, and those rumors (and Slash's confirmation) a little while back about the time he brought his gear to Axl's place, I don't know if Slash and Duff not being proactive in trying to get something new out, is the issue - but rather that redheaded singer dude they are trying to get to go along with it :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RussTCB unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...